• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

traveler

Not Wario
How much time does it take Retro to develop a new game? Wondering if we're coming up on their next title. DKC, Metroid, new IP, doesn't matter- I'm excited for whatever they have next.

How much time does it take Retro to develop a new game? Wondering if we're coming up on their next title. DKC, Metroid, new IP, doesn't matter- I'm excited for whatever they have next.
We're not getting retros next title tomorrow. We probably aren't going to get the title until 2017 anyway.

...which could be said about every potential game announcement

Right. And if the gaffer who predicted Cloud is correct about him being released on the 16th, and we assume he's released following the Smash presentation like most other fighters, then an announcement on the 7th for something more than a week away doesn't make sense. Baker's tone, saying it's going to be "big," also doesn't match up with the simple announcement of a date. Again, don't think it'll be Minecraft or indie, and I'm 99% sure it won't be NX related.

Eliminating all that, I really think it might be an announcement outside of gaming. I'm not going to get myself too hyped over this, but I'm glad to see it looks like you might somewhat agree with me.

Kurt

Sad as it is I can't get hyped about anything Nintendo these days. (Aside from 3DS Zelda).

Until they have hardware at least on par with Current gen, I just can't be bothered. Sad, considering how much I used to love them.

Please don't give me the gameplay>graphics speech.
So you only play pc games?

Anyway, i think it will be smash related direct.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Let's just say someone has opened the 3rd Valve ;)

Eliminating all that, I really think it might be an announcement outside of gaming. I'm not going to get myself too hyped over this, but I'm glad to see it looks like you might somewhat agree with me.

Oh, I definitely agree. And I apologize since I came across as snarkier than I intended.

I think there's a good chance this has something to do with a partnership outside of video games directly

What I wish:

-New Wave Race (or N64 Remake) for Wii U and/or 3DS
-New F-Zero for Wii U and/or 3DS
-Links Awakening in 3D for Wii U and/or 3DS
-Metroid Prime 4 by Retro for Wii U
-Super Nintendo 2

What we probably see:

-some Smash Bros DLC

Zubz

Banned
I'm not feeling much of anything, but logistically speaking, it's either announcing the Smash broadcast, Nintendo Account, and/or a port based on it being hyped up by Baker. Minecraft seems Direct-tier, but maybe it'll be Rocket League?

I'm half-expecting Mother 3, as well. I don't know why.

NX info, Retro studio game, Zelda U, new Animal Crossing game, that's what I call big announcements. I'm going to be disappointed aren't I.

My predictions, from most to least likely:

-Smash Bros. stuff
-Non-Smash direct
-Mobile games
-3rd party amiibos
-2016 WiiU games
-That new account system for NA & EU
-International release of Fire Emblem Cipher
-
Vitality sensor uncancelled

If Sony is the first valve and Microsoft is the 2nd one, then Nintendo is the third one

1st valve= PS4

2nd valve- Xbone

3rd Valve= NX

i hope it's a date for the smash direct

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Either the new account system or Minecraft is my guess

They've already said repeatedly they're not talking about NX until next year. Not gonna get my hopes up, it's probably just Minecraft, which is a "big" deal only to people within Nintendo's bubble. Everyone else owns it on another platform or three already.

If it ends up being something related to the theme parks or TV licensing deals I'll be pleasantly surprised though! New Mario TV show please~

Top Bottom