• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Oh.

My apologies then. This is what happens when you aren't on GAF every day.

No prob man! Let's enjoy the Dreck together!
p540lfP.jpg

maxcriden

Through Summer? That's a bigger scope than usal for Directs, isn't it? I mean, their base scope (since there's always something that's out of that) is the next three months after the Direct, while this sounds to include a few more months. Or maybe I'm reading wrong.

Summer does potentially mean through mid-September. So yeah, I agree. This sounds a bit further out than they usually go. :)

Oersted

Its predictable

Their plan for 2016 is clear as day and they are basically following it to a T at this point

Literally doing every single thing they said they were going to do

Wasn't it clear as day according to some armchair analysts they are going to show Z as next and final Pokemon 3DS title and they actually showed Sun and Moon?

Thoraxes

Gimme localized:

Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL
Monster Hunter X
Dai Gyakuten Saiban

Make my dreams come true, someone.

maxcriden

So we'll probably get new Star Fox footage and clarification on whether it will be delayed or not. We might also here more about Miitomo and their future mobile games. Was Mother 3 confirmed to be a big E3 reveal, or is it possible we'll see it tomorrow?

It's entirely possible we will see it tomorrow. It's a rumor at this point so nothing about it is confirmed.

(BTW, they said no mobile or NX.)

There is surprisingly big amount of games Nintendo could elaborate in this Direct even without new announcements - Metroid, Star Fox, FE#, DQ and so on.
Personally, I'm hoping for Yokai Watch 2 and Monster Hunter X localization announcements.

maxcriden

Expecting a low key direct, the last for the Wii U at least i think/and a wind down for the 3ds.

I would like to point, whilst i'm not expecting no NX stuff, perhaps a soft direct announce? Join us on this day for news on our future.

Didn't the last direct say there will be no NX news. This one doesn't. Clutching at straws haha.

This one says the same. ;) No mobile either.

jariw

Things this will almost certainly cover:

Almost certainly
  • Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors Legends promotion (unfortunately....of course they had to get it right before these)

If the pattern of previous Directs are anything to go by, TP:HD will not be covered. Unless they make a connection to the Zelda U game (we still don't know what Zelda U will share through the wolf Link amiibo with TP:HD).

phanphare

Banned
I pray for no more delays. Miyamoto don't want that "A delayed game is eventually good" shit to be untrue. Just release this 6/10 classic and move on to F-Zero NX, b.

LOL, you know that thought went through his head too

"we don't want them to get wrong idea. just put that shit out there."

You said nothing exciting is getting released for WiiU/3DS. Which is nonsense, nonsense you haven't even adressed properly. Lets leave it at that.

Who's the bitter one?

Do you want me to pretend like I'm not excited for anything already announced for those platforms, just so you can pretend to be right?

I've addressed all I need to, and properly at that. Go be paranoid to someone else :)

for really real tho, I just need an actual Paper Mario RPG for consoles like the first two games. Ya'll can push all the Pokken and Amibos and struggle lookin Star Fox footage you want, as long as I get a trailer/release timing for that.

TDLink

If the pattern of previous Directs are anything to go by, TP:HD will not be covered. Unless they make a connection to the Zelda U game (we still don't know what Zelda U will share through the wolf Link amiibo with TP:HD).

I think doing the direct a day before its release is intentional in order to promote it further. If you want to look at patterns they did basically the same thing with Amiibo Party back in November.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Paper Mario will be the big surprise here.

I'm curious about "Torte City," though.

maxcriden

Wii U
Fall

Zelda U
New unannounced game (Paper Mario U?)

Excellent analysis as always, thanks man. I do think PMU is possible, though, since we know they often go beyond the announced scope for the Direct, and that would be a reasonably big "one more thing" to show. We shall see, though! Maybe the one more thing is the unannounced 3DS summer game (unless that one meant just unannounced for the West and is actually RHTB+ or Picross or something somehow).

Litri

It would be great we could have like a small Zelda TPHD direct section where they show us new Zelda U footage. Like another 15 seconds?

That said, my biggest hope is to see footage of that rumored Paper Mario U game. I need my Paper Mario dose every once in a while...

Hisoka

Metroid Prime Federation Force? Yes please!

Edit: Oh, and hopefully something new on the nintendo account thing that launches in march!

maxcriden

I get why they'd hold back Zelda U (cross-gen), but why hold back footage for Sun/Moon?

DrRobSchiz would have you think it's because it's a cross-platform release which I don't personally feel it will be, but he makes a good argument as to why it could. Regardless I agree that if they didn't show it on Pokémon day they're waiting for a big blowout reveal, perhaps at E3.

So armchair analysts switched their predictions due to recent news? Thats predictable.

lol

I only base that on

- The timeframe of release (Winter 2016 really?)
- The complete withholding of information for a game releasing this year
- Trailer hinted at being an NX game as well (this one is a stretch but hey)

Davey Cakes

Thread's already at 7 pages. Hot damn.

I'm glad we're finally getting another full-size Direct. Need to know if there's truly anything in the pipeline for 3DS and Wii U other than what we already know. Paper Mario 3D would definitely be interesting.

If not, I'm going into super backlog mode. Hah.

Chastten

Banned
Good! Get me some solid releasedates for the final WiiU/3DS games this year so I can start planning my financials around them

TreIII

Just gimme that Paper Mario U with the Koopalings in it, and please let it be more like the first two games.

Any other surprises would just be the icing on the cake.

maxcriden

What are the chances they release Miitomo after the direct? They have a tendency to release digital games directly after these announcements.

Nada; the Direct is confirmed to not involve NX or mobile.

Rösti;197325470 said:
I am cautiously optimistic about this upcoming Nintendo Direct broadcast, despite absence about NX information. Maybe they could share some details on their E3 plans instead?

In the recent past those have been detailed in their own dedicated video featurette, but if they have different plans for this year's E3, then perhaps we could see some hints or information about them.

CaQanQIWEAE93Az.jpg
CaQyBs1WkAEum6s.jpg

EU/US date hopefully

Or maybe Episode 2

Yes. Want. So bad.

Top Bottom