• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Banned
Dat final wave of 3DS and Wii U software. Empty the cupboard Nintendo. Flush out everything and get ready for all NX talk in June.

The_Lump

Banned
Zelda WiiU direct?

Zelda WiiU Direct.

There will be no new Zelda WiiU footage in this direct

Dat final wave of 3DS and Wii U software. Empty the cupboard Nintendo. Flush out everything and get ready for all NX talk in June.

This kind of optimism unnerves me....

You just made that up, didn't you?

Dude im just being logical here

Why do they specify through they summer then say no NX news

Once NX launches WiiU will get its remaining software for 2016 and then move on to being second tier after that

Likely getting cross gen releases and small stuff

Do you guys not also see this coming or is it worthless to draw any conclusions

jariw

Well, the Wii U is guaranteed Zelda U & one other unannounced game (likely Paper Mario U). Plus there's the Mother 3 localization hitting the Virtual Console. Though not showing off Sun/Moon in this Direct would be a bit weird since it's one of the only remaining big 3DS exclusives on the way.

The Direct is about spring/summer releases, while Sun/Moon is a holiday release.

me0wish

I wonder how many people will be disappointed when its just more footage of Pokken and StarFox, maybe Pokken dlc and StarFox online will be revealed.

maxcriden

So it'll just be a marketing shill for Twilight Princess. Great.

Plenty of other games, announced or rumored, that it could be about. Don't expect more than a few mins on TP.

But at the same time, wouldn't they want E3 to be a big blowout of NX games (maybe mobile as well, but I'm not counting on it)? If anything, the Wii U & 3DS games may be used in a Mini-Direct before their main E3 presentation.

I agree. I think especially if they are focusing on most Wii U games now that E3 is likelier to be NX-centric. However, I don't think they will go the mini-Direct route necessarily. I mean they could, but they did make a lot of noise about continuing support for both platforms, so I could see them focusing a bit of the E3 presentation on just a big Pokémon reveal if they aren't releasing a HH NX this year (which it seems increasingly less likely they are) and maybe the Zelda NX one gets some Wii U mention as well, and maybe they even save Paper Mario for a little Wii U showcase also. I could see PMU being revealed tomorrow or at least prior to E3, though, as well, with E3 being focused on NX and to a lesser extent 3DS. It's just that talk of continued support for Wii U/3DS that makes me think they might want to show off their software during their actual presentation as well, though I suppose if it could be seen to take away from the NX focus, you might be right that they'd just show it elsewhere. :)

Zyrox

Seeing these threads pop up is the reason I continue to tirelessly wander this realm.
CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!

It's sad that there won't be any more smash announcements though, was alwayd looking forward to the fiery Smash logo the most.

Kjellson

Since this is most likely the last Direct before E3, it would be nice if they showed us a full trailer for Zelda. As a nice treat hyping us up for the NX reveal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! I'll miss the first 20 minutes or so due to my commute, so I'll need to avoid browsing GAF while on the bus until I get home and can catch up.

Banned
Zelda WiiU direct?

Zelda WiiU Direct.

There will be no new Zelda WiiU footage in this direct

This kind of optimism unnerves me....
I'm not expecting Zelda. But all the shit trev and Emily rogers said I expect to be there.

Join me, my friend.

Not so sure what you are trying to say anymore.

I made a comment and quickly clarified a point that could be, and was, misinterpreted.

I'm excited for announced 3DS/Wii U games, but you keep insisting I'm not, blaming me of moving goalposts, practicing performance art and justifying bitterness, and generally being an arrogant penis about the whole thing.

Basically, you're so eager to be right about this that nothing else matters.

I've tried to explain myself to you often enough.

But hey, you're being condescending to a bunch of other people in this thread too, so I guess that's your style.

latest

NeonZ

I hope for some FE Fates related news. Announce Roy Amiibo compatibility and a new wave of DLC with some new or returning characters. The fact that the localized DLC was called "pack 01" makes it seem like more is coming.

Seeing these threads pop up is the reason I continue to tirelessly wander this realm.
CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!

It's sad that there won't be any more smash announcements though, was alwayd looking forward to the fiery Smash logo the most.

Some source said Bandai Namco spilled a few beans about their NX plans that included a Smash game

Most likely a complete edition port but what remains to be seen is if you this port gets all future patches and expansions turning Smash into a platform...

Or if its just a complete edition and nothing else

I cant help but think they want to continue fostering persistent games that build over time like we saw with splatoon, mario make, and smash 4

Oersted

Dude im just being logical here

Why do they specify through they summer then say no NX news

Once NX launches WiiU will get its remaining software for 2016 and then move on to being second tier after that

Likely getting cross gen releases and small stuff

Do you guys not also see this coming or is it worthless to draw any conclusions

One weeek ago, Sun/Moon was leaked/announced, something both of us knew nothing about. I will go with I don't know.

I made a comment and quickly clarified a point that could be, and was, misinterpreted.

I'm excited for announced 3DS/Wii U games, but you keep insisting I'm not, blaming me of moving goalposts, practicing performance art and justifying bitterness, and generally being an arrogant penis about the whole thing.

Basically, you're so eager to be right about this that nothing else matters.

I've tried to explain myself to you often enough.

But hey, you're being condescending to a bunch of other people in this thread too, so I guess that's your style.

latest

You said they made it clear that nothing exciting will get released for Wiiu/3DS anymore, which actually means they will not announce something exciting anymore.

Okay.

benedictm

Banned
Well now that the patent for Sony's Power-glove VR rip off has been shown they have to announce the PowerGlove U. They have been working on it for years.

It'll save Nintendo.

Neoxon

The Direct is about spring/summer releases, while Sun/Moon is a holiday release.
True. But with E3 likely to be NX-centric, it's a bit weird that they're holding back on their biggest 3DS game(s), & what may likely be the swan song(s) of the 3DS, this year.

I wonder how many people will be disappointed when its just more footage of Pokken and StarFox, maybe Pokken dlc and StarFox online will be revealed.
Given how close we are to the launch of the NX Platform, I'm not sure we'll get any Pokkén DLC unless said DLC is ready to launch soon after the game's release (see Alex being released as SFV DLC this month).

I agree. I think especially if they are focusing on most Wii U games now that E3 is likelier to be NX-centric. However, I don't think they will go the mini-Direct route necessarily. I mean they could, but they did make a lot of noise about continuing support for both platforms, so I could see them focusing a bit of the E3 presentation on just a big Pokémon reveal if they aren't releasing a HH NX this year (which it seems increasingly less likely they are) and maybe the Zelda NX one gets some Wii U mention as well, and maybe they even save Paper Mario for a little Wii U showcase also. I could see PMU being revealed tomorrow or at least prior to E3, though, as well, with E3 being focused on NX and to a lesser extent 3DS. It's just that talk of continued support for Wii U/3DS that makes me think they might want to show off their software during their actual presentation as well, though I suppose if it could be seen to take away from the NX focus, you might be right that they'd just show it elsewhere. :)
I do think we'll get a Paper Mario U reveal either in this Direct or in the near future (or at the latest, a Mini-Direct before the main presentation at E3), namely to get it out of the way for the NX Platform news. Same for the Mother 3 & SMTxFE localizations as well as any other 3DS games (late localizations or otherwise) that Nintendo may have left to release.

Zyrox

Some source said Bandai Namco spilled a few beans about their NX plans that included a Smash game

Most likely a complete edition port but what remains to be seen is if you this port gets all future patches and expansions turning Smash into a platform...

Or if its just a complete edition and nothing else

I cant help but think they want to continue fostering persistent games that build over time like we saw with splatoon, mario make, and smash 4

They are not talking about NX in this direct though.

Zalman

Expectations:

- Paper Mario Wii U with a "summer 2016" window
- Rundown of the Wii U lineup (TP HD, Pokkén etc.)
- Star Fox Zero update, no delay
- Final news on Splatoon as hinted by Nogami
- Mother 3 for the 10th anniversary (April?)
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force update
- Dragon Quest VII update
- Regional news (Bravely Second for NA, Fire Emblem and Yo-kai Watch for EU)
- New amiibo for May and possibly beyond

Vertti

My guess...

The new rumoured paper mario game starts the direct

Then we'll get:
Pokken
Star Fox
#FE release day

Also Mother 3 finally in English!!!

Then 3DS stuff:
european release day for Fire Emblem
Federation Force
Pokemon Sun/Moon

and don't forget indies and amiibo stuff.

That's all.

Neoxon

One weeek ago, Sun/Moon was leaked/announced, something both of us knew nothing about. I will go with I don't know.
Sun/Moon was in Trev's schedule leak as Pokémon Project Niji, a codename that was revealed to be legitimate thanks to said Niji codename being mentioned in the files of the images for the game titles.

Griss

The two things I'm most excited for:

1. A fucking FE Fates release date (and we'd better get a cool special edition or reduced price on the other versions to make up for the wait)
2. How they handle showing off Fed Force after the backlash to it. I know I'll be lustily booing the screen, throwing garbage around my room and wishing physical harm on the person presenting it when it appears.

javac

Sun/Moon was in Trev's schedule leak as Pokémon Project Niji, a codename that was revealed to be legitimate thanks to said Niji codename being mentioned in the files of the images for the game titles.

That if I'm correct they changed soon after (in regards to the names of the press assets)

Neoxon

Expectations:

• Paper Mario Wii U coming in the second half of 2016.
  • Rundown of the Wii U lineup (TP HD, Pokkén etc.)
  • Star Fox Zero update, no delay
  • Final news on Splatoon as hinted by Nogami
  • Mother 3 for the 10th anniversary (April?)
  • Metroid Prime: Federation Force update
  • Dragon Quest VII update
  • Regional news (Bravely Second for NA, Style Savvy localization announcement for NA, Fire Emblem and Yo-kai Watch for EU)
  • New amiibo for May and possibly beyond
Sans maybe the Splatoon news (I have a gut feeling that they're truly done with the game, balance patches & Splatfests aside, & have moved on to an NX-bound sequel), I agree with this. Though I did make a few changes (all of which were bolded). That being said, given how long it took for Roy & Ryu Amiibos to come out, I'm a bit afraid that we'll be stuck waiting a little longer for Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta.

jariw

True. But with E3 likely to be NX-centric, it's a bit weird that they're holding back on their biggest 3DS game(s), & what may likely be the swan song(s) of the 3DS, this year.

So no non-NX games at E3? And no non-NX Directs after E3?

Top Bottom