• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

JoeM86

Clu Clu Land is cool.

How does Maximum Velocity compare to the awesome SNES original?

It holds up very well. In fact, I enjoy Maximum Velocity more than the SNES one.

Nothing beats the Gamecube one, though. Still holding out for an HD remake with online.

JoeM86

If only. A GX HD on the Wii U handled similarly to Wind Waker HD would be a day one purchase for me. A new F-Zero would be as well.
:(

GX was so ahead of its time. It needs to be brought to the current times. Even just making it render in 1080p rather than 480p would have it be beautiful. Its graphics hold up well to do this day.

GX was so ahead of its time. It needs to be brought to the current times. Even just making it render in 1080p rather than 480p would have it be beautiful. Its graphics hold up well to do this day.

For once I agree with you. F-Zero GX is still one of the most advanced games ever made. Literally all they need to do is upscale the game to 1080p and add online. Maybe add a motion control mode for the casuals.

Effect

For once I agree with you. F-Zero GX is still one of the most advanced games ever made. Literally all they need to do is upscale the game to 1080p and add online. Maybe add a motion control mode for the casuals.

I would think the game would be far to fast for motion control. Then again maybe that would be extremely challenging. One's reflexes would have to be amazing when you factor in the speed and course layout.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'd even take a download VC release of the game just to have a digital copy of the game. GX is easily one of the best GameCube games. Online and 1080p would be ideal, along with maybe adding a few new tracks.

Actually, ideal would be having the AX portion unlocked without action replay. The entire code for the arcade game is stored on the GX disc.

L~A

New communities for Miiverse on the 3DS :

Bjvcf4TCcAEEq-p.png:large

terrisus

On another note: We really, really need folders on the WiiU.

My pages are almost full - and certainly will be full by the end of April. And while people have said that another page will appear once your pages are full, the fact is that if it has to wait until that point, organization is going to be a complete mess.

On my 3DS I have folders for GB games, GBC games, GBA Games, Game Gear games, DSi games, Demos, etc.
I was trying to do the same thing on the WiiU with pages, but I have too much stuff to do that, and it's just getting to be messy now.

There really is no reason for this.

Drago

^ Agreed

The lack of folders is killing me. I need them so badly, everything is a mess on my system. We can only hope they come in the next major system update, I guess :/

foltzie1

On another note: We really, really need folders on the WiiU.

My pages are almost full - and certainly will be full by the end of April. And while people have said that another page will appear once your pages are full, the fact is that if it has to wait until that point, organization is going to be a complete mess.

On my 3DS I have folders for GB games, GBC games, GBA Games, Game Gear games, DSi games, Demos, etc.
I was trying to do the same thing on the WiiU with pages, but I have too much stuff to do that, and it's just getting to be messy now.

There really is no reason for this.

It would be nice if the 3DS and presumably Wii U folders would include Emoji like icons for systems to encourage folders for specific systems.

cacildo

I definitely agree on the folders. It definitely helps with organization, plus removes all of the clutter on the menu.

Folders and a "shelf" for VC

The legend of the shelf for VC games is often spoken about, but there was never a single hint from nintendo that something like this would see the light of the day

Fake edit: first time i use the term "often spoken about"

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is anyone else having problems with the discount for Ninja Gaiden (from owning it on the Wii)? It worked just fine for Mighty Bomb Jack, but Ninja Gaiden only shows me the full price, even though I already have the Wii version (and transferred).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's finally up on Nintendo's press site:

Virtual Console on Wii U
Dr. Mario – Feeling under the weather? Dr. Mario has the cure for you! Fight nasty viruses by rotating multicolored vitamins as they drop, and gain a higher score by aligning multiples of the same color. You can even try competing against a buddy to prove that you’re just what the doctor ordered.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
Clu Clu Land – The greedy Sea Urchins have stolen all of Clu Clu Land’s gold bars and buried them in a series of mazes. As Bubbles, a brave bubble fish, you’ll set out to uncover all of the gold bars in each maze. With 20 stages to complete, you might just want to bring along a friend for help.

New DLC Available
Sonic Lost World™ – New DLC for Sonic Lost World is here and it's legendary! Available now to download for free in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, Sonic will speed across the land adorned in Link's iconic green tunic, as the Hero of Time himself flies on the back of his Loftwing from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Players are able to use Black Bomb Color Powers to uncover secret rooms, find hidden chests and gain exciting rewards.

Nintendo eShop Sale
Ubisoft Game Sale – Spring is here. To celebrate, Ubisoft® is having a limited-time sale on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games in the Nintendo eShop. Acclaimed Wii U hits like Rayman® Legends and Just Dance® 2014 are up to 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop, while all Ubisoft Nintendo 3DS games are 50 percent off. This offer is good until March 31.

Also new this week:
• My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
• Skater Cat (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero Hawaii (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Full and Demo Versions
• I am in the movie (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / DSiWare on Nintendo DSi)
Link to the Ubisoft sale.

Coppanuva

What's the Air Traffic controller Hero Kawaii game? That title has me curious but I can't find anything about a 3DS game, only a psp game with a different title.

Is anyone else having problems with the discount for Ninja Gaiden (from owning it on the Wii)? It worked just fine for Mighty Bomb Jack, but Ninja Gaiden only shows me the full price, even though I already have the Wii version (and transferred).

Yup, it's the same for me. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I'm three years late to the 3ds, should have seen it coming from the Wii these updates are usually disappointing.

Oh well. Gotta play the games I have before I buy more, these things aren't as cheap on steam.

tolkir

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Sonic Lost World (Sega)
    The Legend of Zelda Zone (Free)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• ZombiU (Ubisoft | $29.99 until 03/31, then $59.99)
  • Rayman Legends (Ubisoft | $27.99 until 03/31, then $39.99)
  • Assassin's Creed® IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft | $41.99 until 03/31, then $59.99)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (Ubisoft | $6.99 until 03/31, then $9.99)
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft | $20.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft | $24.99 until 03/31, then $49.99)
  • Rabbids Land (Ubisoft | $24.99 until 03/31, then $49.99)
  • ESPN Sports Connection (Ubisoft | $24.99 until 03/31, then $49.99)
  • The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft | $27.99 until 03/31, then $39.99)
  • Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft | $24.99 until 03/31, then $49.99)
  • Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft | $34.99 until 03/31, then $49.99)
  • Just Dance Kids 2014 (Ubisoft | $20.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)
  • Rayman 3D (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)
  • Rayman Origins (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)
  • Rabbids Travel in Time 3D (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)
  • Petz Fantasy 3D (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 03/31, then $29.99)

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

vYU92.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition (Codemasters | €12.49 | £9.99 until 04/03, then €24.99 | £19.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Real Heroes Firefighter 3D: Download Edition (Zordix AB | €4.99 | £4.49 until 04/17, then €9.99 | £8.99)
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB | €5.99 | £5.39 until 04/17, then €7.99 | £7.19)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

It's never an interesting week for games on 3ds or Wii U....it's been a very long time since anything really grabbed my attention :(

I've picked up a few games here and there but this has really gotten old nintendo.

Top Bottom