• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

I've got an extra Link Between Worlds Club Nintendo (US) code.

Post a non-Peach Nintendo gal pinup (safe for the site, duh). I'll PM the code to the one I like the most after a few have been posted.

I guess there's no way to verify, but please only post if you need it, I am doing this instead of trading another code for it, etc. I know most of the guys/gals in this thread are cool though.

If I could make one thing happen, it would be a translated Mother 3 coming out to the Wii U VC <3
I know it's the unfortunate reality of corporate bureaucracy, but NoA/NoE really should find a way to take up the fan translation's offer of using their work.

Not only would that be awesome, but it could open the door for other fan translations to be used for Virtual Console.

maxcriden

Post a non-Peach Nintendo gal pinup (safe for the site, duh). I'll PM the code to the one I like the most after a few have been posted.

I guess there's no way to verify, but please only post if you need it, I am doing this instead of trading another code for it, etc. I know most of the guys/gals in this thread are cool though.
latest

latest

640px-SuperPaperMario_monster-artwork.jpg

Queen-Gohma-Render.png

P.S. Thanks for the opportunity. One of the few ITBs I still need a code for!

If I could make one thing happen, it would be a translated Mother 3 coming out to the Wii U VC <3

The only people I'm seeing that are making that impossible would be HAL I guess.

Or Shigesato Itoi.

Considering the very warm reception Earthbound received for the Wii U, not releasing the trilogy in a bundle for NOA seems like money left on the table.

Qurupeke

I really feel like doing a Metroid Marathon one of these days. I downloaded Metroid 2, Zero Mission and Fusion which I plan to play for the first time. I still miss the first Metroid but I guess Zero Mission is pretty much this, but better.

terrisus

The only people I'm seeing that are making that impossible would be HAL I guess.

Or Shigesato Itoi.

Considering the very warm reception Earthbound received for the Wii U, not releasing the trilogy in a bundle for NOA seems like money left on the table.

pleaseunderstand.jpg

And, heck, an official translation was even done for Mother 1, so no need to even worry about a fan translation with that one.

maxcriden

RIP =(

Sorry Max, but this is the winner.

It's cool. Mine were meant to be funny answers. Not that I don't want the code, I really do, but I know my brand of humor isn't for everyone and the Nikki entry is more in line with what was actually being asked for. :)

terrisus

It's cool. Mine were meant to be funny answers. Not that I don't want the code, I really do, but I know my brand of humor isn't for everyone and the Nikki entry is more in line with what was actually being asked for. :)

Aww, Max, you know we love you.

But, Nikki <3

PrEWImY.jpg

I'm going to a craft beer brewery grand opening, I'll give the code out when I am back home.

I really like the one terrisus posted, lip biting is whoa.

wilflare

NintyGAF

so all the Tetris games were taken off the eShop right?
I managed to get the GB version I think

what were the other Tetris games you guys recommended to get before they pulled it off

TheMoon

NintyGAF

so all the Tetris games were taken off the eShop right?
I managed to get the GB version I think

what were the other Tetris games you guys recommended to get before they pulled it off

Only Tetris Axis (just called Tetris in EU) and Tetris (GB VC) got taken down. The good one is Tetris DS which you can only buy on a cart, obviously.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
There was Tetris Party Live for DSiWare that got removed 3 years ago. No idea if it was good or not though.
Tetris Ultimate will also get pulled eventually, that's the fate of all Tetris games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I really feel like doing a Metroid Marathon one of these days. I downloaded Metroid 2, Zero Mission and Fusion which I plan to play for the first time. I still miss the first Metroid but I guess Zero Mission is pretty much this, but better.

I did this a few years back. I streamed both the OG Metroid and Super for GAFers.

PS: Adding people to our Nintendo GAF Google Hangout. PM if you want to come chat! :p

Chrom

Tetris Party is still available on WiiWare, last time I checked. I always found that to be a little odd because I was expecting that to be taken down by now too.

I guess this works for this. I think this should safe for the site

daydream

Banned
Eh... I feel like at this point, anyone who wants to play Toki Tori has already played it. And didn't Toki Tori 2 sell so badly that the studio had to close down!?

It's good to see Toki Tori return to its roots, though. I feel like it belonged on 3DS all along.

TheMoon

Eh... I feel like at this point, anyone who wants to play Toki Tori has already played it. And didn't Toki Tori 2 sell so badly that the studio had to close down!?

I really don't get why they're doing this. I mean, it's a fine game, the puzzles are good and all but it's just so ...bland in a way. Whereas Toki Tori 2 is just this incredible masterpiece. The first game was on WiiWare and then landed on Wii U which was nice but now also a 3DS version? I think I read them tweeting that TT2 was impossible due to the engine not being compatible with 3DS at all but if they managed to port that, I'd be way way more excited and they could advertise the great player feedback and hidden gem status as opposed to trotting out this rather uninteresting port of a port of a remake.

terrisus

You know what would be really nifty?
If they actually put the level editor into the WiiU version, that they had promised originally, and then didn't do and started advertising the Steam version through WiiU until Nintendo told them to knock it off.

Yeah, I'm still bitter about that >.>

NateDrake

NateDrake, just to get this clear: what happened the other times there was an embargo-situation like BoxBoy? The game released before the end of the embargo or exactly the same day as the embargo ending? So we could estimate exactly when the Direct will be aired.

Can you give a specific game as example? I'll be able to better answer if I have a point of reference.

TheMoon

Weren't most of the downloadable games that were available "right now" stuff that was also not announced beforehand? I don't think there is really any precedent with an already announced game like BOXBOY!?

Camjo-Z

Weren't most of the downloadable games that were available "right now" stuff that was also not announced beforehand? I don't think there is really any precedent with an already announced game like BOXBOY!?

Technically, Steel Diver: Sub Wars was announced beforehand. Not quite the same situation as Box Boy though.

YES!

RCD...whatever, (Spikey Walls guy) said he was no longer supporting Wii U because he poisoned his own well!

RCMADIAX. Every game he made was shovelware, and he even admitted it on his twitter. One of times I am glad the Wii U is going to get less games.

The funny thing is his next (final Wii U) game is called Color Bombs. I sense a case of irony.

He says on twitter he doesn't know how to code. How does he have so many games out then? (even with the majority being clones)

terrisus

RCMADIAX. Every game he made was shovelware, and he even admitted it on his twitter. One of times I am glad the Wii U is going to get less games.

The funny thing is his next (final Wii U) game is called Color Bombs. I sense a case of irony.

He says on twitter he doesn't know how to code. How does he have so many games out then? (even with the majority being clones)

I really should've gotten in on this money-making scheme earlier >.>

Top Bottom