• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

Tizoc

Special offers

Permanent
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 €6.66 / £6.66 / CHF 9.20- was €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20
i think i'll get this game...

3DS
Aqua Moto Racing 3D €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF 5.59 until 09.04.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €7.99 / £7.19 / CHF 11.19
Is this a jetski racing game? How is it?
Tappingo €1.99 / £1.69 / CHF 2.80 until 23.04.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €2.99 / £2.49 / CHF 4.00
Is this game worth getting?
The Legend of Dark Witch - Chronicle 2D ACT €2.99 / £2.99 / CHF 3.60 until 23.04.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €3.99 / £3.49 / CHF 4.80
Everyone get this game it was one of m GoTY 2014 contenders, great megaman-like game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the price, sale or not, Tappingo is a nice puzzle game that's relaxing to play.

Has that Legend of Dark Witch ever been on sale in the US? My friend was talking about it once & how it was Mega Man-like.

TheMoon

Oh right, I forgot it was mentioned in that PAX press release.

Not just that, they had it there for people to play (or was that GDC earlier in the week? or both?).

That leak seemd somewhat believable except for "SNES games on 3DS" and crossbuy. Totally killed it for me. No chance.

Leaks with detailed rundowns have never ever once been real. As soon as you see one of them, you should know instantly that they're BS. Because they always are. Always. Every single time.

maxcriden

Because they said it was in 2013

They also said DS VC was coming. I mean, I believe both are coming eventually. Maybe on NX. Just not holding my breath at this point.

Heck, Wii eShop games have slowed down to the tiniest trickle outside of JP. I really expected better/faster releases from Nintendo for those. I'm a bit bummed on that front as I want to divest more of my physical games in favor of digital copies. I was able to do so for SMG2 but I'd like to do so for all of my first party Wii games. I mean, I don't have dozens or anything, but enough that they take up space and I'd prefer to embrace the digital future.

We're talking Wii U only though, right?

Yes.

deadfolk

Where else?! Don't you dare say 3DS now.

wJaGJT3.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only thing that I disliked about Tappingo's sequel was that D-Pad support, for some strange reason, was removed. It feels a bit awkward to use the circle pad & touch screen, despite being what I used, didn't feel responsive some of the time.

tolkir

Guys, why is everyone convinced N64 Virtual Console is coming?

I'm not complaining, I just wanna be convinced too.

No VC games in Japan or Europe this week yet.
Last year, April 3rd: Game Boy Advance titles are released.
Nintendo Web said:
Tip: Check back regularly for the latest releases, including the future addition of titles from the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo 64 systems.

It's coming, embrace it.

maxcriden

No VC games on Japan or Europe this week yet.
Last year, April 3rd. Game Boy Advance titles are released.

It's coming, embrace it.

Oh man. I can't even stop myself from getting hyped for this.

SM64 on VC.

SM64 DS, that is. We've seen a lot more about DS VC than we have about 64 VC. :)

I reckon there are 19 N64 games we'll see.

Add Pilotwings 64, Mario Party, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party 3, and Dr. Mario 64 to the list. All of them could have been released and never were. You also forgot to mention Cruis'n USA, Pokémon Puzzle League, Ogre Battle 64, and Bomberman Hero. Maybe we'll get lucky and finally receive games that are compatible with the Controller Pak, such as Bomberman 64 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. Personally, I'd also like to see Pokémon Stadium without the Transfer Pak functionality.

maxcriden

I would easily pay a full $60 for Mario 64 DS with full analogue control.

With HD assets, I would pay....$20. As is, but with analog control rather than the (in my experience) kinda awful DS controls (at least not using the thumbpad/touchscreen method, which I didn't try), I'd pay $8-10 I guess.

cacildo

I reckon there are 19 N64 games we'll see.

1080° Snowboarding
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Excitebike 64
F-Zero X
Goemon's Great Adventure
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Mario Tennis
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Paper Mario
Pokémon Snap
Sin and Punishment
Super Mario 64
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story

Why?

Im the first one to BEG for the goemon games to be on VC... but why would they? They were never even on the Wii Vc...

Question (for all):

Would you be happy with N64 releases? Or do you NEED it to be upscaled/some sort of HD presentation?

To me its about the price. How much was a N64 game on wii? $10? Yeah, its too much. I paid $10 on metroid prime trilogy. VC prices are too high. If they want to ask $10 for a n64 game, it better be a HD n64 game

RiggyRob

As much as I'd like to be, I'm not as excited about DS VC as N64 VC. Either the best games on DS have had updates/remakes (Pokemon, NSMB, Animal Crossing, Kirby Canvas Curse, Mario Kart etc), the games are already available (Chrono Trigger, the 3DS backwards compatibility) or the games are just not that great.

If they can get games like Contact, The World Ends With You, Radiant Historia, Elite Beat Agents and so on it'd be great but I doubt it considering it's Nintendo.

Compared to N64 VC with Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, Paper Mario, Excitebike, F-Zero etc DS VC is just not as interesting.

My girlfriend and I would love to play super Mario 64 on the Wii U, but let's be honest here. There are a ton of games for NES, SNES, GBA that still need to be released. Then we have the Wii releases that seemingly died already. Let's noteven start about DS releases.

Nintendos release schedule for old games is more than just bizarre.

That said if they do do n64 VC then it needs to be more than just those on the wii.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Question (for all):

Would you be happy with N64 releases? Or do you NEED it to be upscaled/some sort of HD presentation?

To me its about the price. How much was a N64 game on wii? $10? Yeah, its too much. I paid $10 on metroid prime trilogy. VC prices are too high. If they want to ask $10 for a n64 game, it better be a HD n64 game

In general not enough titles for me to care about. Both Zeldas got remade for the 3DS, and the DS version of Mario 64 has more content.

I'm not sure what else I'd want even in HD from Nintendo N64 wise. I'm not gonna play Smash or Kart over the Wii U ones.

Maybe F-Zero or Wave Race? Idk rather have the Cube ones.

I'd be much happier if we got DS games over N64 games.

PS: I still need MZM.

Robin64

Why?

Im the first one to BEG for the goemon games to be on VC... but why would they? They were never even on the Wii Vc...

Wii's N64 VC was a bit shit, but I think there'd be more effort with the Wii U one. Konami are on Wii U VC with other Goemon games, so it makes sense.

Boogiepop

Okay guys, down to the wire on this, but:
My current plan for my Club Nintendo coins is the two Fluidity games and Ketzal's Corridors. That uses up pretty much all of them. However, if I were to actually order two of those and maybe look around for some way to fudge in a last few coins, I could probably get enough to replace Fluidity with the second Dillon game if need be.

Based solely on glancing at Nintendolife's reviews that doesn't seem like a good idea, but I figured I'd ask in here before cementing my choice. Anyone have any significantly strong opinions on the second Dillon game? And it did fix the problem the first one apparently had with lefties, right?

TheMoon

Wii's N64 VC was a bit shit, but I think there'd be more effort with the Wii U one. Konami are on Wii U VC with other Goemon games, so it makes sense.

Aren't there emulation problems with the 3D Goemon games even on PC? (might be misremembering)

Tizoc

Why is emulating N64 game not 'perfect' atm? What was specific about the N64's code that makes emulating it difficult?

Robin64

Making a little "lost" GameBoy game, targetting Wii U.

gb1cyu4u.png

Not much to share yet, but I thought it was cute enough to show. ;)

Refyref

Making a little "lost" GameBoy game, targetting Wii U.

gb1cyu4u.png

Not much to share yet, but I thought it was cute enough to show. ;)

I love that cat.

Is it that project with the cat you've been tweeting screenshots of, or did you just decide on a different game with a cat?

Robin64

I love that cat.

Is it that project with the cat you've been tweeting screenshots of, or did you just decide on a different game with a cat?

Heh, yeah, it is. Mewtroid is the working title, though obviously I'll have to come up with another. Inspired by wondering what a Metroid-alike would be if you were just a cat and our real world seemed big and daunting. It's fair to say it's become a bit of a love-letter to the old Dizzy games now, though, and I really hope some of you remember those and it's not just me..

Ingame-TUCADemo1.PNG

Refyref

@nicalis said:
Yes, 1001 Spikes, Grinsia plus one more game will be releasing from us in the European eShop by this summer #hugs

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/582624543602176000

Wonder what that additional game is.

Heh, yeah, it is. Mewtroid is the working title, though obviously I'll have to come up with another. Inspired by wondering what a Metroid-alike would be if you were just a cat and our real world seemed big and daunting. It's fair to say it's become a bit of a love-letter to the old Dizzy games now, though, and I really hope some of you remember those and it's not just me..

Dizzy gets quite a bit of love around this forum, so you're definitely not alone there.

Top Bottom