• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
All I want is information about Mario, so, I'll definitely be happy tomorrow.

Just hope the conference isn't too disappointing for everyone else though, GAF is a bit of a downer to read when people get too salty/depressed like after the Jan reveal.

Don't worry it's been a downer in this thread alone for the past week or so. It will definitely continue tomorrow, just expect excitement for Mario and not much for everything else.

True Fire

So how's everyone's pessimism leading into tomorrow? Mine is pretty low mainly due to Treehouse showcase being amazing and the invitationals being exciting.

I'm pretty pessimistic. I don't think they're going to show anything we don't already know about.

At least 1/5 to 1/4 of the presentation will be Odyssey gameplay.

They said 2017 only?

So we'll probably get like one new game announcement and then trailers & gameplay for already announced games. Damn this is a trash E3.

I mean we could get A 2018 game, but that's already pushing it since this is a 30 min direct. They gotta show Mario, Splatoon2, Indies, 3rd Party, Fire Emblem, Xeno2, rabbids and Pokken again and most importantly more 3DS games.

I think I'll stick with Low expectations. For New Titles, I only want to hear about FE Switch basically because they keep teasing and it's pissing me off lol.

I need my Mario Odyssey Fix, it's all but guaranteed to be the strongest game at E3. So yeah, show us the game of the show Nintendo.

XB2 would be cool too.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm pretty pessimistic. I don't think they're going to show anything we don't already know about.

At least 1/5 to 1/4 of the presentation will be Odyssey gameplay.

I mean that's fine, but we don't know too much about a few games going in tomorrow. Plus they are releasing within a few months unlike some others.

I'll never forget the desperation in the Jan 2013 Direct and making all of those announcements that didn't come out for a couple of years.

XandBosch

Some rumors going around about a From Software game for switch. Take with a grain of salt though.

Seeing as how they weren't at Sony's press conference and they WERE on Nintendo's third party banner thingy, I can see them doing something. If they ARE there (which I'm not expecting), I wouldn't expect more than a Dark Souls remaster/trilogy. Don't think they'd have had time to do a full-fledged game for Switch since DS3 came out.

There have been many years where it's "Nintendo's E3 to lose" and then they have the worst E3 lol

Well, with the 2017 focus and 25-minute length, they've at least done a much better job of managing expectations than they did some years (particularly 2012).

If you expect a ton of new announcements and end up disappointed, that's ultimately on you.

Dies Iræ

Keep in mind that Nintendo's January direct was fully loaded. We may not get many new announcements. I think Retro is the likeliest surprise. It seems like Nintendo makes their biggest announcements in those January directs, eh? It's been going on for a few years now

True Fire

Seeing as how they weren't at Sony's press conference and they WERE on Nintendo's third party banner thingy, I can see them doing something. If they ARE there (which I'm not expecting), I wouldn't expect more than a Dark Souls remaster/trilogy. Don't think they'd have had time to do a full-fledged game for Switch since DS3 came out.

A Dark Souls remaster would be best case scenario. I don't want another Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

WiiU0706

Has Nintendo posted a link where to watch the spotlight, because i got called in to work tommorow and just want to be able to access it, when im off so im not spoiled

TunaLover

Well, with the 2017 focus and 25-minute length, they've at least done a much better job of managing expectations than they did some years (particularly 2012).

If you expect a ton of new announcements and end up disappointed, that's ultimately on you.
They even throw 3DS games in the mix lol

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
This e3 fucking sucked.

Hope Nintendo can save it. Mario Oddysey and some suprises would be enough to make it the best conference.

I love how literally anyone can say anything and it's considered a rumor. I wish I had started a few myself, just to see how often they'd be repeated despite no evidence on my part

Effect

Not going to lie. That monster hunter announcement for Sony legit pissed me off. Going to piss off further if all Capcom is offering is a port of XX for the Switch. Worse yet if that shit even isn't localized for the west.

MoonFrog

If you expect some and get none, that's not on you :p.

But yeah I think you shouldn't expect much. Doesn't mean that their E3 can't be bad if you're just in the right mental place, but that being in the right mental place makes it being bad easier to bear.

J@hranimo

Banned
From Software switch game is probably that Dark Souls Collection, can't see why they would invest in a brand new game on Nintendo console randomly like that lol.

Oof... E3 has been sort of a downer this year. Keeping my expectations low for Nintendo to avoid further disappointment.

Super Mario Odyssey (3-4 min)
Zelda BotW DLC 1 (2 min, possibly "available now." If not, it'll be due out in August or something)
Fire Emblem Warriors (2 min)
Mario + Rabbids (2 min)
Third Party/Indie rapid-fire announcements (10 min)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, delayed to 2018 (3 min)
Brief tease of one unannounced 2018 1st party game (2 min)

The End.

Fireblend

Banned
I honestly love the original Xenoblade's combat system and am just fine with them keeping it that way. All I want is a soundtrack, characters and narrative just as good as in the first one.

My final prediction stands, I don't expect much other than Mario, XB and hopefully a bunch of indies with solid release dates for this year. None of that "2018"/"Early 2018" bs. I want the Switch to position themselves as the console to have for the second half of this year beyond first party titles. Given what we've seen from MS and Sony, that shouldn't be too hard.

Oof... E3 has been sort of a downer this year. Keeping my expectations low for Nintendo to avoid further disappointment.

Super Mario Odyssey (3-4 min)
Zelda BotW DLC 1 (2 min, possibly "available now." If not, it'll be due out in August)
Fire Emblem Warriors (2 min)
Mario + Rabbids (2 min)
Third Party/Indie rapid-fire announcements (10 min)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (3 min)
Brief tease of one 2018 1st party game (2 min)

The End.

Shit...I'd take that action.

Copper

What rumor?

We know they have a Switch game in development, is the rumor saying it will be shown tomorrow?

I guess some people from Tokyo said they saw Nintendo people near the train station that Fromsoft HQ is located.

No real confirmed source though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom