• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I love how literally anyone can say anything and it's considered a rumor. I wish I had started a few myself, just to see how often they'd be repeated despite no evidence on my part

After the days leading up to the January Switch reveal, I had the same thoughts. Way too many gullible people here.

Wasn't meant as expectations :p. It's what would do something for me as I see it atm. Some of those things are even less likely than others.
Oh ok lol. Im hoping no one is saying services for something that is so short.

Anyways lets talk about PLATINUMGAMES since they will never lose their Luster!

IGN First this month is about PlatinumGames right? They said they will discuss more later this month after the interview they posted last week.

They still aint show up yet 👀

mjc

Oof... E3 has been sort of a downer this year. Keeping my expectations low for Nintendo to avoid further disappointment.

Super Mario Odyssey (3-4 min)
Zelda BotW DLC 1 (2 min, possibly "available now." If not, it'll be due out in August or something)
Fire Emblem Warriors (2 min)
Mario + Rabbids (2 min)
Third Party/Indie rapid-fire announcements (10 min)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (3 min)
Brief tease of one unannounced 2018 1st party game (2 min)

The End.

This is likely.

I've got really low expectations for this one. Nintendo says they're sticking to 2017 games, so they'll do just that

- Splatoon 2 single player demonstration
- Super Mario Odyssey trailer (50% gameplay, A few new worlds shown, Hat power-ups)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer (with 2018 delay announced for the west)
- Zelda DLC
- Nindie montage
- Talk about online on the Switch
- Talk about NES Virtual console on the Switch
- Show Mario + Rabbids
- Show Pokken Tournament
- Announce Mario Maker Switch

requiem02

Banned
Not going to lie. That monster hunter announcement for Sony legit pissed me off. Going to piss off further if all Capcom is offering is a port of XX for the Switch. Worse yet if that shit even isn't localized for the west.
But we all get something that way. How is that not a good announcement?

Scoops

Banned
Some rumors going around about a From Software game for switch. Take with a grain of salt though.

From Software does have a Switch game

GwvnVI9.png

Oh ok lol. Im hoping no one is saying services for something that is so short.

Anyways lets talk about PLATINUMGAMES since they will never lose their Luster!

IGN First this month is about PlatinumGames right? They said they will discuss more later this month after the interview they posted last week.

They still aint show up yet 👀
40Tm1cl.gif

Sojiro

Oof... E3 has been sort of a downer this year. Keeping my expectations low for Nintendo to avoid further disappointment.

Super Mario Odyssey (3-4 min)
Zelda BotW DLC 1 (2 min, possibly "available now." If not, it'll be due out in August or something)
Fire Emblem Warriors (2 min)
Mario + Rabbids (2 min)
Third Party/Indie rapid-fire announcements (10 min)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, delayed to 2018 (3 min)
Brief tease of one unannounced 2018 1st party game (2 min)

The End.

I would say if you're keeping expectations low, you have too much time on the third party/indie stuff and put that time toward Odyssey.

Copper

From Software does have a Switch game

The fact that they were no where at Sony's conference also heightens the possibility of something being shown. I imagine it will just be a DaS3 port but who knows. It would be cool to see a new IP.

Lingitiz

The 25 minute length has me not expecting much, but I can't imagine it being worse than MS or Sony. Treehouse Live should also be a nice treat for the rest of the work week. Also, just seeing Odyssey will probably beat everything else so far.

ggx2ac

I don't get why there are people putting their hopes on Nintendo to save E3.

That's pretty fucking stupid.

If you didn't like what's been shown so far and are raising your expectations on Nintendo's showing, then you will become disappointed.

TheSun

Alrighty, I hope Retro announces new shizz.

If not then imma lose m'bet.

New LOK was an obvious wash, retro is still up in the air.

rockx4

This has been one of the worst E3's ever. I have little hope for Nintendo, but remain slightly optimistic due to Treehouse possibly keeping each segment during the Spotlight from being too long. I'd be extremely disappointed if they spent 10+ mins on Arms and Splatoon.

random25

If you didn't like what's been shown so far and are raising your expectations on Nintendo's showing, then you will become disappointed.

Mario Odyssey will save E3.

psyfi

Banned
I don't think Nintendo would release the first Zelda DLC right before their next big game launch. They'll wait till they have a lull between games. My guess is two weeks after ARMS.

ohlawd

No 3DS during the spotlight.

Switch is the future.

I don't believe for a second Nintendo has enough Switch shit for their 25 min show

Rather them give attention to some 3DS games that deserve to sell over whatever else they got planned. I wouldn't have made this point if people give Treehouse Live as much attention as the Spotlight

This "out with the old, in with the new" crap is so overdone. Especially when the old is offering good shit and the new thing isn't.

MoonFrog

I don't think anyone is raising their bar on Nintendo lol.

Most posts saying Nintendo save E3 are reflective of exactly the predicament low expectations for Nintendo bring to that.

Nintendo could easily win E3.

Honestly, they just have to show FEW and MHXX, lol.

Anything else would be a cool extra.

But that's more about Sony and Microsoft doing horribly, than Nintendo putting on a good show.

Still, a cute E3 thanks to Mario + Rabbids and Wolfenstein 2.

See you all tomorrow, for the TRUE game of the show. Woooooooooo.

f8c143a723d83496eaf4ecf9b2d6058f.jpg

Seeing as how they weren't at Sony's press conference and they WERE on Nintendo's third party banner thingy, I can see them doing something. If they ARE there (which I'm not expecting), I wouldn't expect more than a Dark Souls remaster/trilogy. Don't think they'd have had time to do a full-fledged game for Switch since DS3 came out.

You are right
NX_Partners-1200x794.jpg

Metroid Souls... Believe!

Even thought I'm two feet away from my X1 S, and original PS4, I'm ultimately a Nintendo fanboy at heart, and even if Nintendo only show more of Odyssey at this Direct, at least in my heard/eyes, they will have "won" E3 for whatever that is worth.

That being said, I'm glad someone, other than Nintendo, is going for the cute 3D platformer. Super Lucky's Tale looks so damn great. Hyped as hell.

I would say if you're keeping expectations low, you have too much time on the third party/indie stuff and put that time toward Odyssey.

Yeah I feel you. Considering what Reggie said about it being pretty fast-paced though, I don't think we'll have much time with Odyssey before we're swept on to the next thing.

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
I don't believe for a second Nintendo has enough Switch shit for their 25 min show

Rather them give attention to some 3DS games that deserve to sell over whatever else they got planned. I wouldn't have made this point if people give Treehouse Live as much attention as the Spotlight

Nintendo said no 3ds during spotlight. Tree house will be handling that though out e3

vern

I'm optimistic, but I'm easy to please. I only buy and play a handful of games each year since life is far too busy for more. Deliver a 5 good games and I'll be stoked. I still haven't beaten Zelda BOTW yet, I don't need an onslaught of games. Just a few of that similar quality (and NIntendo typically delivers a few super high quality games so I'm not concerned).

And give me either a Super Metroid style Metroid or Prime 4 from Retro and I'll be more than satisfied even if there is nothing else. I've been playing Super Metroid for 20+ years... really I don't need a lot of games. Just great games.

EDarkness

Honestly, what could Nintendo show or do that would make things that much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom