• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmud

25 minutes of hard hitting fast announcements like the last direct, into treehouse/invitationals and mario... nintendo has an easy path to win coverage this year unless they really stink up the place

thefro

25 minutes of hard hitting fast announcements like the last direct, into treehouse/invitationals and mario... nintendo has an easy path to win coverage this year unless they really stink up the place

Sony's would have been 25 minutes minus the VR section, stage wankery, and multi-plat trailers.

So: whatever you made of Sony's show, one thing that stuck out for me was that apart from the occasional vertical slice that was there to show off a QTE-heavy set piece, and did so at length, the conference actually felt quite condensed and fast-paced: hardly any talk, just trailer after trailer (and all software, too, without anything to talk about with respect to services and hardware). That might help set expectations for the quantity of content we can expect out of Nintendo tomorrow. Nintendo will have about half the running time, but dispense with the VR filler, account for how Nintendo's content is typically not as well suited for lengthy set-piece trailers, and Sony's wasn't that much longer.

25 minutes aren't much, though, and if we want the software announcements to be fairly dense, any substantial word on the online service rollout or Virtual Console successor is a likely casualty. I'm less and less inclined to believe they will be part of the main show, especially as that's the kind of content that would be aimed at existing high-information adopters, not the people coasting their way through every E3 show who still need to be sold on the Switch in the first place.

Guys, can someone point me what should we be expecting for tomorrow's nintendo presentation based on "confirmed" leaks, please?

The only unannounced game with credibility is the Super Star Saga remake. Beyond that it's just debating how much you believe in a Smash port.

Coffinhal

I still don't understand why people are surprised that Ubi pulled out a good E3 show that can sometimes be the best. They have often done in the recent years with new IPs and solid sequels + the show itself is fun to watch. To be honest they don't really have gap years where the show is mediocre like EA, MS, Sony, Nintendo or Bethesda all have.

No 13 Sentinels at Sony's show makes me think we'll see it pop up here. Looking forward to seeing exactly what it's actually going to play like.

I think MH World looks great, but I'll be honest. I'm really worried Capcom isn't going to see any reason to localize XX. Especially not early next year.

Is this gonna be just like E3 2012, where everyone was hoping Nintendo would save it, then they crashed, and everyone cried out Ubisoft as the winner?
Time is a loop guys.

sinonobu

Banned
I think MH World looks great, but I'll be honest. I'm really worried Capcom isn't going to see any reason to localize XX. Especially not early next year.

Yeah I'm worried about that, too.

I hope Nintendo localizes the game themselves if Capcom is not willing to (like MH Stories).

Rncewind

yop thats my fear as well, i want to play both as early as possible

also no chance that undertale gets a port i guess after the ps4 vita annoucment?

So far, for me it's:

EA: 2/10
Bethesda: 5/10
Devolver: future/10
Ubisoft: 7/10

Microsoft: 6/10
Sony: 8/10 (HD MonHun has led me to be biased, but it's probably a 6.5/10 if I have to be objective)

Nintendo has a chance to end this e3 on the best note lol. I really hope they have some announcements that will really end it with a bang.

Let's not pretend Nintendo hasn't shat the bed in years that should be an easy layup.

Cosmozone

it was really underwhelming

Xbox and even Ubi was better
The Ubisoft one was actually great. Two emotional moments with the Mario game director and Ancel at the end. That's something only possible on a live event.

The Nintendo showcase probably won't have enough games. 25 minutes, some heavy hitters have already been revealed and 3DS has to be covered as well. There will also be indies, eventually.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Nintendo had their own special press conference to sell the world on the Switch, and it was mediocre for most of the 90 minute runtime. I highly doubt they'll be able to blow us away in a third of the time.

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
So far, for me it's:

EA: 2/10
Bethesda: 5/10
Devolver: future/10
Ubisoft: 7/10

Microsoft: 6/10
Sony: 8/10 (HD MonHun has led me to be biased, but it's probably a 6.5/10 if I have to be objective)

Nintendo has a chance to end this e3 on the best note lol. I really hope they have some announcements that will really end it with a bang.

Monster hunter is coming to PC and Xb1 , I wouldn't give sony points for a multi platform game.

Queen Nintendo is coming to save us

tumblr_inline_orgrqmJlj01qe75xt_540.gif

XandBosch

I don't see the Rainway thing being a thing. It's awesome to dream, but you guys can really picture Nintendo allowing that? I dunno man....

Griss

Well, if there was ever an e3 where you could gain al the spotlight with a big surprise annoucement it's this one... Very poor showing so far.

BG&E 2 is the leader in the clubhouse (just ahead of Anthem, probably), let's see if Nintendo has anything that can match that for hype.

Nintendo was actually mentioned at 2 different press conference. Times have changed. If they can nail it and keep up the Switch sale momentum up until next E3 they may actually get ports announced at the next E3. Stranger things have happened.

I can't wait until tomorrows Spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom