• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asd202

Following PS4's success route

The difference is both PS4 or Xbox didn't have had much of competition at a time of release. In case of Switch just looking at the release schedule for both PS4 and Xbox in 2017 it may put it in a disadvantaged from the get go.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Btw here's the list of games I listed as games I'd love to try out at the event (you had to fill in that box when registering to the Paris event):

Metroid
Dragon Quest XI
Monster Hunter
Zelda (4th choice, I doubt it's that interesting to try out for only 10 or 20 minutes)
2D Mario
3D Mario
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

Some of those are way more realistic than others, but you know, gotta cover all the bases.

Oh and obviously Dragon's Dogma 2... lol... haha... :(

SuperSah

Banned
Do we have any idea about when preorders go live and who'll be carrying?

I'm in the UK, so I'm assuming Amazon and GAME are my best bets? Will Nintendo actually produce enough?

Neonep

I'm just in a weird spot with this console. There is zero reason for me to break out whatever this will cost when I have a Wii U and will be able to get Zelda on it too. I'm sure there are others out there in the same situation. I will probably buy this console when there is a game I absolutely can't pass on and can't be played on any other system.

AntMurda

Would the Pikmin coming out on the 3ds not be called Pikmin 4 if that was the case? Why suddenly take the number out the title now.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eu...07-dont-worry-nintendos-still-making-pikmin-4

Miyamoto never said he was working on Pikmin 4, the author uses a paraphrase [ ]. Why would he not acknowledge a 3DS game that is releasing in 2017, for a Switch game that's vaporware. He was clearly talking about the 3DS game. It's obviously being reintroduced to the 3DS market so it's probably easier marketing to give it a subtitle as millions of new players are going to experience it.

I'm just in a weird spot with this console. There is zero reason for me to break out whatever this will cost when I have a Wii U and will be able to get Zelda on it too. I'm sure there are others out there in the same situation. I will probably buy this console when there is a game I absolutely can't pass on and can't be played on any other system.

that is why Nintendo has moved the Wii U version to June, so you'll have a chance to buy a Switch :p

LordKano

Miyamoto never said he was working on Pikmin 4, the author uses a paraphrase [ ]. Why would he not acknowledge a 3DS game that is releasing in 2017, for a Switch game that's vaporware. He was clearly talking about the 3DS game.

What ? Miyamoto explicitely said that he was working on Pikmin 4.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

Speaking during an interview held back in July, Nintendo's top designer revealed that work on a fourth major Pikmin game was well underway.

"It's actually very close to completion," Miyamoto said. "Pikmin teams are always working on the next one."

Nintendo then confirmed the news to Eurogamer in a separate statement:

"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

AdanVC

I totally forgot about that weird Pikmin spin off on 3DS.... I wonder if after all the Nintendo Switch madness on the upcoming weeks, they will do a random Nintendo Direct to announce all the remaining games on 3DS?

Miyamoto never said he was working on Pikmin 4, the author uses a paraphrase [ ]. Why would he not acknowledge a 3DS game that is releasing in 2017, for a Switch game that's vaporware. He was clearly talking about the 3DS game. It's obviously being reintroduced to the 3DS market so it's probably easier marketing to give it a subtitle as millions of new players are going to experience it.
Just stop. Even Emily said Pikmin 4 is coming to Switch. Everybody, for the most part,
knows Pikmin for the 3DS is a spinoff.

Waji

That's what I thought first, but being able to play everything everywhere... it got me.
And the 3D mario grew on me so if there's one not too far from launch, it would help, especially with coop.
Jarnuary 12 week-end will tell.

Oregano

I think people are underestimating how much original stuff Nintendo can put out in addition to ports.

Nintendo is going to have a ton of resources at hand if they're truly unifying development. Just look at how productive Intelligent Systems is.

EDIT:
Pushmo

Fire Emblem Awakening
Crashmo
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Game & Wario
Daigasso! Band Brothers

Pushmo World

Codename Steam
Fire Emblem Fates
Stretchmo

Paper Mario Colour Splash

Now imagine that all on one system

I think people are underestimating how much original stuff Nintendo can put out in addition to ports.

I love them working on smaller titles like BoxBoy! And Pushmo etc. Would be great to have games like that at launch alongside major games. Maybe the 3rd BoxBoy will launch on Switch in addition to 3DS.

Oregano

I love them working on smaller titles like BoxBoy! And Pushmo etc. Would be great to have games like that at launch alongside major games. Maybe the 3rd BoxBoy will launch on Switch in addition to 3DS.

I was sad they never did anything else with Grounding(AFAIK?) because Sakura/Hana Samurai was awesome.

Neoxon

The Pikmin game on the 3DS is most likely a lower-budget spin-off. We've already heard from both Emily & Laura (the latter via her list) that Pikmin 4 (or whatever it's gonna be called) is Switch-bound for this year.

Lingitiz

Nintendo is going to have a ton of resources at hand if they're truly unifying development. Just look at how productive Intelligent Systems is.

EDIT:
Pushmo

Fire Emblem Awakening
Crashmo
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Game & Wario
Daigasso! Band Brothers

Pushmo World

Codename Steam
Fire Emblem Fates
Stretchmo

Paper Mario Colour Splash

Now imagine that all on one system
I think in reality the result is actually fewer, higher budget games, which IMO is better

I would not have a problem if they port every Wii U game. Tokyo Mirage would be my top candidate.
Pretty much.

I haven't had a Nintendo system since the Gameboy Advance days. So, I obviously have a lot of catching up to do. :p

I think in reality the result is actually fewer, higher budget games, which IMO is better
Yeah, that is what I thought in that other thread. I don't think it means a higher quantity of titles if those devs are going to be working on mid to high tier games. Game development is going to make it a lengthy wait.

Oregano

Ehhh, not necessarily. Variety is good.

Of course you're probably right but it remains to be seen by how much especially when they can still expand to increase productivity or increasingly outsource(Fire Emblem is co-produced with a bunch of other studios).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The Pikmin game on the 3DS is most likely a lower-budget spin-off. We've already heard from both Emily & Laura (the latter via her list) that Pikmin 4 (or whatever it's gonna be called) is Switch-bound for this year.

Leaks can be dangerous
With Zelda maybe not hitting EU at launch, imagine how badly would the Switch perceived here if there will be no Mario day one
But Mario at launch would not have been imagined by many without the rumore

Now, think about emily positive view about Switch year one lineup : Mario kart, smash, splatoon, Zelda, Mario, pikmin etc... Now what if her source didnt share crucial details as them being ports or multi releases with wiiu and 3DS?

I wouldnt consider any rumor as set in stone honestly, for the good or the bad

Monolith Soft has been ace for me

Disaster Day of Crises
XBC
XCX

I hope they go to something new now for Switch
Did Day of Crisis ever come out in America? That looked so cool but I don't remember it ever being released here. Or was it Japan-only like Doshin and you imported?

Speaking of Doshin that's a VC title I wish they'd release like Lost Levels or some of the other Japanese-only VC releases.

LordKano

Did Day of Crisis ever come out in America? That looked so cool but I don't remember it ever being released here. Or was it Japan-only like Doshin and you imported?

Speaking of Doshin that's a VC title I wish they'd release like Lost Levels or some of the other Japanese-only VC releases.

Doshin (and Day of Crisis) were both released in Europe.

Neoxon

Leaks can be dangerous
With Zelda maybe not hitting EU at launch, imagine how badly would the Switch perceived here if there will be no Mario day one
But Mario at launch would not have been imagined by many without the rumore

Now, think about emily positive view about Switch year one lineup : Mario kart, smash, splatoon, Zelda, Mario, pikmin etc... Now what if her source didnt share crucial details as them being ports or multi releases with wiiu and 3DS?

I wouldnt consider any rumor as set in stone honestly, for the good or the bad
So you think that the Pikmin game coming to Switch is a port of the 3DS game?

EDarkness

One of the major tragedies during the Wii days. NoA simply refused to bring games like that over, which fuggin' sucked. North America got screwed over hard back then. With things being region free, that kind of thing will matter less...I hope.

jchap

My dream list of announcements would be:

FZero
The Ubi-Mario RPG being tactics based
Advanced Wars
Metroid
Pokemon
Animal Crossing

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm not asking for less big productions, but I'll sure like to see more budget games though because experimental Nintendo -> safe, "franchise" Nintendo.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So you think that the Pikmin game coming to Switch is a port of the 3DS game?

I think that until (hopefully not after ) january 13 is better to stay open minded about many aspects of the Switch, from price to software and so on
There could be so many gaps from what we hope for/ think it is obvious to what we could actually get

Starting from Nintendo actual plan to merge their home and portable lineups

LordKano

What's sad to me is that no matter how huge the bucketload of games at launch will be, I probably will only be able to affoard one or two games at best.

So Zelda and Mario if both are at launch.

Neonep

That's what I thought first, but being able to play everything everywhere... it got me.
And the 3D mario grew on me so if there's one not too far from launch, it would help, especially with coop.
Jarnuary 12 week-end will tell.
I'm a grown ass adult with a vehicle that doesn't travel much. LOL, most of my games will be played at home so I don't care about the portable aspect.

Oregano

What's sad to me is that no matter how huge the bucketload of games at launch will be, I probably will only be able to affoard one or two games at best.

So Zelda and Mario if both are at launch.

Good job you won't have to worry about picking what third party games to buy. ;-)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm a grown ass adult with a vehicle that doesn't travel much. LOL, most of my games will be played at home so I don't care about the portable aspect.

I have two kids, one TV, small spare time. I have just spent ten days at the seaside in my second home.
both situation would benefit a lot from an "increased " off TV gamepad; p

Neonep

The minimum this console will cost is $250, anybody wanting or expecting less is delusional and doesn't know what they are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom