• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
So what are the chances that the Switch will be able to do 4K video playback through services such as Netflix or YouTube? Since the new Nvida Shield (which also uses the Tegra X1) can output 4K video, maybe it's possible for the Switch to do it when docked to a 4K TV?
Wouldn't be a surprise since as you mentioned, Tegra chips had the ability to decode 4K videos for a while now. Since the Tegra K1 IIRC.

Junk3t

Neo Member
Too many peripherals! Maybe it's just me, but the Wii and the Wii U had way too many "controllers".

At least you had the choice and could use controllers you already have. It was frustrating that the gamecube controller adapter wouldn't even work with anything other than Smash.

I really hope Retro has been given the greenlight to work on a new IP. I know their original ideas failed when they first started and that's why they ended up working on Prime, but they should have the experience now to handle something from the ground up on their own.

NSESN

You know what would be cool? If nintendo had a Direct every 2 weeks to keep the hype up.
Jan 26 Splatoon and other 1st party games.
Feb 9 3rd party games
Feb 23 Mario
March 9 Zelda

amnesiac

So if one of the controllers has an IR sensor is it possible that the Switch comes with a sensor bar? It could just be built into the dock or tablet but for many, having the bar on top of the TV was the best solution.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I just got an invite to the Jan 14-15 demo event in Paris. Woohoo!

Anyone got one?

Here's my question though: while you have to bring an adult with you if you're a minor ("un accompagnant"), they're not making it clear whether you can still bring someone even you're an adult yourself. I want to go with a friend, but since the only word they use is "accompagnant", I have no idea what they mean. And I'm too afraid to give it a try lest I screw up and they cancel my invite.

Here's what the Weezevent page says.

"Si vous souhaitez venir accompagné, merci de bien vouloir saisir les coordonnées de votre accompagnant dans le formulaire. Aucune entrée ne sera autorisée sans inscription au préalable.

Votre e-billet à présenter lors de votre venue au Grand Palais, nominatif et incessible, vous sera envoyé par mail dans les plus brefs délais. Une sera demandée à chaque participant à l'entrée.

Informations importantes : Toute personne mineure doit être accompagnée d'une personne majeure, toute sortie sera définitive. Pas de valises, grands sacs (format supérieur A3), et caméras autorisées (seulement mobile, petits appareils photo / vidéo). Le cas échéant l'accès à l'évènement pourra vous être refusé."

See what I mean? It almost makes it sound it's only okay to bring someone if they're the one "taking you" to the event like you're a minor.

Anyone know?

Also, if there are any other GAFfers going, let me know!

[EDIT] Also, the other weird thing is that the event was set up via Weezevent, and while there are no shady links or grammar and it overall looks like the real thing, the fact that it's seemingly coming out of nowhere (my old Nintendo club account doesn't exist anymore) from "contact@weezevent.com" is odd.

jmizzal

So what are the chances that the Switch will be able to do 4K video playback through services such as Netflix or YouTube? Since the new Nvida Shield (which also uses the Tegra X1) can output 4K video, maybe it's possible for the Switch to do it when docked to a 4K TV?

It was a survey released suggesting it would

http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-accessories-incoming-from-hyperkin/

Don't buy these hyperkin USB-C cables until we know they're good. Bad USB-C cables can literally damage your device

If you want to prepare for the Switch by picking up some USB-C cables, Google's Benson Leung has a list of approved cables that are guaranteed to be safe to use.

I laughed like hell at the travel bag! It's one thing to have a small case designed specifically for a console/handheld, but another to just make a shitty bag and say it's for the Switch. It's sad that people will buy things like that thinking it's specifically for the Switch in some way.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The wife of the director of Xenoblade has retweeted the Switch Presentation Tweet.

There's a chance it might mean nothing... but there's a chance it might mean something.

EDarkness

The wife of the director of Xenoblade has retweeted the Switch Presentation Tweet.

There's a chance it might mean nothing... but there's a chance it might mean something.

I hope they show off their next game! Looking forward to hearing what they're working on next.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It's Reyn Time!

Roo

Doesn't she always tweet Nintendo events when there's something MonolithSoft related?
Maybe we'll get a quick glimpse of their next project.

edit: or a look at the XCX port lol

jmizzal

When she retweets it always means something lol

Either XCX Switch is gonna be there or Monolith Soft next game will be there

NSESN

1 up invited, mother 3 rumors, soraya saga retwetted

I am calling guys: Mother 4 open worls developed by Monolith and 1 up

Gaspard

If Itoi ever feels like picking up Mother again I want a Mother 4 in the artstyle of the clay promotional images for previous games.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Anyone got one?

Here's my question though: while you have to bring an adult with you if you're a minor ("un accompagnant"), they're not making it clear whether you can still bring someone even you're an adult yourself. I want to go with a friend, but since the only word they use is "accompagnant", I have no idea what they mean. And I'm too afraid to give it a try lest I screw up and they cancel my invite.

"Si vous souhaitez venir accompagné, merci de bien vouloir saisir les coordonnées de votre accompagnant dans le formulaire. Aucune entrée ne sera autorisée sans inscription au préalable.

Votre e-billet à présenter lors de votre venue au Grand Palais, nominatif et incessible, vous sera envoyé par mail dans les plus brefs délais. Une sera demandée à chaque participant à l’entrée.

Informations importantes : Toute personne mineure doit être accompagnée d'une personne majeure, toute sortie sera définitive. Pas de valises, grands sacs (format supérieur A3), et caméras autorisées (seulement mobile, petits appareils photo / vidéo). Le cas échéant l'accès à l'évènement pourra vous être refusé."

See what I mean? It almost makes it sound it's only okay to bring someone if they're the one "taking you" to the event like you're a minor.

Anyone know?

[EDIT] Also, the other weird thing is that the event was set up via Weezevent, and while there are no shady links or grammar and it overall looks like the real thing, the fact that it's seemingly coming out of nowhere (my old Nintendo club account doesn't exist anymore) from "contact@weezevent.com" is odd.
Chanceux -_-

LordKano

I am absolutely not ready for a Xenoblade 3 announcement.
Absolutely not.

Anyone got one?

Votre e-billet à présenter lors de votre venue au Grand Palais, nominatif et incessible, vous sera envoyé par mail dans les plus brefs délais. Une sera demandée à chaque participant à l'entrée.

Anyone know?

Je pense que tu peux venir accompagné de n'importe qui, tant que tu es majeur. C'était déjà comme ça dans les précédents events presse de Nintendo. Et, pour ta question sur Weezevent, sache que Nintendo n'a pas de boîte de relation presse interne, ils outsource tout, donc c'est normal d'avoir à contacter une adresse mail externe à Nintendo.

I really hope the base model price is 249.99. Dont kill my hype Nintendo ��

I will honestly be shocked if the base model isn't $249, shocked! Nvidia puts out the Shield TV for $199 and supposedly makes a profit on hardware, so that kind of helps put things into perspective.

Watch that be the premium sku price, not the base. I still predict 199 for base model.

I've seen some people break down the VAT on those Switch pre-order prices recently and it's making me believe this might be possible. If so I'd be super damn happy. That would give me some extra cash to buy a Pro Controller with at launch.

Josh5890

I do wonder how the XCX port will be handled, cause a second screen was highly, highly useful in the game.

Considering how we have been using a second screen with most of Nintendo's games since 2004 it will be interesting how some games adapt going back to one screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom