• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSFan

Nintendo Hearts is gross.
ewwww, even just thinking about it makes me vomit a little.

I agree. It would be awful because Nintendo characters lack the personality and vocabulary that Disney characters have (and FF characters too for that matter), for one thing.

Really though, why does Nintendo need to horn into a long running and successful IP by injecting their characters into it?

Moltenix

I know the rumor is that there might be two sku's but does anyone else think it might be better if there is just one? Look what happened with Wii U. Yes there was the cheaper basic version but almost everyone bought the Deluxe bundle instead.

Nudull

Banned
You can only have one, make your choice.

Nintendo vs. Capcom Capcom
Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware
The Legend of Zelda FromSoftware
Nintendo Hearts Square Enix
Super Mario RPG Square Enix

I'd so want a FromSoftware Zelda, judging from how BotW is going. Give us our Nintendo-centric Soulsborne spin-off! :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
You can only have one, make your choice.

Nintendo vs. Capcom Capcom
Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware
The Legend of Zelda FromSoftware
Nintendo Hearts Square Enix
Super Mario RPG Square Enix

Definitely Nintendo vs. Capcom, but it has to be 2D!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The story for Super Mario 3d Run writes itself practically.

He can't save Peach anymore because that's diminishing, so he's a former drug dealer who had an epiphany and now seeks to run away from the prison where was locked up by Bowser who has now become the president of US Mexico Mushroom Republic. And the whole game he's always on the run, sometimes along a yuge wall that never ends.
Meanwhile Peach is a revolutionary and a painter who fights for freedom in the Mushroom Kingdom. She doesn't have to run because she can fight.
At the end of the game
she marries Daisy and they adopt Luigi who finally gets the love who deserve and never had while Mario keeps on running haunted by his mistakes of the pasts - stealing Luigi's well deserved thunder

See this is what I mean

I dont even know what to make of this Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ably_not_such_big_news_but_microsd_cards_for/

So... going back to the idea of not having a Deluxe model. That would put us in an awkward spot in terms of memory. Isn't the rumor pegging this as being a 32Gb console? Anyone have thoughts on this?

To be fair that info is only coming from the dev kit. There hasn't really been any concrete info on what the retail system will ship with.

Neoxon

So... going back to the idea of not having a Deluxe model. That would put us in an awkward spot in terms of memory. Isn't the rumor pegging this as being a 32Gb console? Anyone have thoughts on this?
And as mentioned before, if there's no Deluxe Bundle, would that also rule out the idea of a pack-in game?

Spy

I know the rumor is that there might be two sku's but does anyone else think it might be better if there is just one? Look what happened with Wii U. Yes there was the cheaper basic version but almost everyone bought the Deluxe bundle instead.
I think it would be better for there just to be one SKU but if that were the case, Nintendo wouldn't be able to tout the console at the lowest price point possible which they most likely want to do.

We've vaguely discussed this, but I definitely agree with you now. The Wii-U showed that you can absolutely kill one SKU by having the other be dramatically better. Having a pack-in game, higher memory, and the DDP with the deluxe Wii-U for an extra $50 just made too much sense. I'm firmly on team one SKU now.

To be fair that info is only coming from the dev kit. There hasn't really been any concrete info on what the retail system will ship with.

Hm... fair enough. I'm hoping we can get a bit more than that whether we have one SKU or two.

And as mentioned before, if there's no Deluxe Bundle, would that also rule out the idea of a pack-in game?

Another interesting point! So far we haven't heard of anything that sounds like a pack-in that's on par with Wii sports or Nintendoland. Maybe they'll surprise us?

It never occurred to me that this thing shipping with no onboard storage is even possible

Im filing this under reddit garbage for the time being

Cindro

Is anyone willing to doll up my avatar by putting the Switch puppy face over the current face Charizard has? I'm ready to ride this hype train to hell and back!

Neoxon

I don't want Fromsoftware anywhere near a Nintendo up. So Nintendo vs Capcom by default.
Capcom's internal fighting game teams are busy enough with Street Fighter V & Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. They could outsource NvC to Eighting, but I think they're busy with some VR fighting game.

Plum

True, but the rumor that Laura heard from GAME was that the Basic Bundle had no game & the Deluxe Bundle had Splatoon.

She did clarify later that it could just potentially be a bundle exclusive/sold by GAME instead of having Splatoon be a pack-in. Splatoon makes sense a lot more sense as a bundle game than a pack-in game to me.

Moltenix

True, but the rumor that Laura heard from GAME was that the Basic Bundle had no game & the Deluxe Bundle had Splatoon.

But that's gonna be a repeat of the Wii U situation. If the deluxe has more memory and a game, no one's gonna want to buy the cheaper bundle for $50 less.

She did clarify later that it could just potentially be a bundle exclusive/sold by GAME instead of having Splatoon be a pack-in. Splatoon makes sense a lot more sense as a bundle game than a pack-in game to me.

That would make more sense.

My point is if plans have changed and there's only one SKU now, it wouldn't be unprecedented for Nintendo to include a pack-in game with that single model.

I think Nintendo should only offer one SKU at launch, pack-in or not. Nintendo doesn't need two SKUs and what tends to happen is everyone wants the "Deluxe" model and no one wants the "Basic".

RootCause

Capcom's internal fighting game teams are busy enough with Street Fighter V & Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. They could outsource NvC to Eighting, but I think they're busy with some VR fighting game.
Well it's all pretend. 😛
But I would prefer a Smash Bro like game with the Robot Matsers from the Megaman series.

Neoxon

My point is if plans have changed and there's only one SKU now, it wouldn't be unprecedented for Nintendo to include a pack-in game with that single model.

I think Nintendo should only offer one SKU at launch, pack-in or not. Nintendo doesn't need two SKUs and what tends to happen is everyone wants the "Deluxe" model and no one wants the "Basic".
That could be true, but wouldn't having Splatoon included with that one SKU jack up the price?

orioto

Good Art™
Pokemon Hunter is not the good idea. I said it and i'll say it again >> Monster Hunter X Final Fantasy = 4 million in japan guaranteed!

Nintendo can make it happen. They can make so many things happen. They should really be putting their effort in enchanting their offer for Japanese gaming fans.

Also i always thought a Megaman x Metroid 2d sidescroller would be interesting.

Neoxon

Throwing in a game is like the easiest way to add value without jacking up the price.
That also brings up another question. If Nintendo later opted to do only one bundle, will that one bundle have the internal memory of the Deluxe Bundle, or would they go with the 32GB of the Basic Bundle?

Pokemon Hunter is not the good idea. I said it and i'll say it again >> Monster Hunter X Final Fantasy = 4 million in japan guaranteed!

Nintendo can make it happen. They can make so many things happen. They should really be putting their effort in enchanting their offer for Japanese gaming fans.

Also i always thought a Megaman x Metroid 2d sidescroller would be interesting.
They made FF Explorers which didn't do too well, but I guess it's also not made by the MH team.
I think some MH quests in BoTW might do well. Kind of like MGS Peace Walker

Kaelan

Place your bets: What will be the biggest surprise announcement? You can pick just one.

Blizzard announcing an unprecedented partnership with Nintendo. Diablo 3 will be coming to the Switch (port already done), with Blizzard and Nintendo working collaboratively to get Overwatch on the switch by this summer.

That also brings up another question. If Nintendo later opted to do only one bundle, will that one bundle have the internal memory of the Deluxe Bundle, or would they go with the 32GB of the Basic Bundle?

It is worth noting that hardware manufacturers like to charge a premium for flash memory. There's $100 difference between different iPhone models based solely on included memory. Products like the Microsoft Surface have an equal price jump. I'm honestly not confident that Nintendo would offer more than 32Gb at the rumored $250 price tag.

Anth0ny

$250 and one SKU sounds ok

real curious how the general public takes to this. I still feel like it's too expensive for a handheld and too expensive compared to the console competition, but we'll see.

doop_

Banned
Told my friend it was 250 and he said he feels like it is going to be a cheap product because of the lower price compared to other consoles.

Oregano

They made FF Explorers which didn't do too well, but I guess it's also not made by the MH team.
I think some MH quests in BoTW might do well. Kind of like MGS Peace Walker

I think in hindsight FF Explorers did quite well. It completely lapped the higher budget WoFF for instance.

Told my friend it was 250 and he said he feels like it is going to be a cheap product because of the lower price compared to other consoles.

No

Its lower because mass market mobile chips can be made better for less. They can pass the saving to us while still hitting their margins

Its price doesnt make it any less powerful than the chips its said to have inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom