• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psyfi

Banned
The separated joycons are obviously not intended for long play sessions but for short multiplayer matches.

They'll probably be about as comfortable as the sideways Wiimote was, so not very.
Yeah, pretty much. They'll be good for quick pick up games of multiplayer, but most of us will want to get a pro controller for serious Switchin'.

Dont expect anything, mate. You'll only be disappointed.

while I dont necessarily encourage a pessimistic view irl, I do advocate realism which is closer to what pancakes mentions; with that comes the fact that expectations are the worst things in any/all facets of life. they cause you to build up images of people close to you that are idealized and can never truly be made manifest, or find ways to rationalize your hopes and dreams as they pertain to a game maker.

I get it, they have in the past and continue to deliver magic in ones and zeros (with notable missteps), but you cant put yourself in a position where you have everything to lose. Emotional investment in stuff you cant directly influence is foolhardy

All that said, I can see myself being pleasantly surprised by network infrastructure, account systems, elegant UI, and no region locking more so than any specific software announcement. That's more a reflection of the gamer I've become lately and recognizing the true indicators of core sections of Nintendo's DNA shifting/evolving. A reveal of Retro's new project would almost certainly trump all though. It's about damn time

Sadist

I don't have a lot of expectations, the only thing I'm hoping for is a RE 7 announcement. Seeing the trademark listing mentions it could br distributed on a disc and a gamecard...

Come on Capcpom

while I dont necessarily encourage a pessimistic view irl, I do advocate realism which is closer to what pancakes mentions; with that comes the fact that expectations are the worst things in any/all facets of life. they cause you to build up images of people close to you that are idealized and can never truly be made manifest, or find ways to rationalize your hopes and dreams as they pertain to a game maker.

I get it, they have in the past and continue to deliver magic in ones and zeros (with notable missteps), but you cant put yourself in a position where you have everything to lose. Emotional investment in stuff you cant directly influence is foolhardy

All that said, I can see myself being pleasantly surprised by network infrastructure, account systems, elegant UI, and no region locking more so than any specific software announcement. That's more a reflection of the gamer I've become lately and recognizing the true indicators of core sections of Nintendo's DNA shifting/evolving. A reveal or Retro's new project would almost certainly trump all though. It's about damn time
Are you Jordan Schlansky? I read this in his voice.

Really curious to see what Nintendo's new IP is (assuming they show it off there). I hope that in terms of scope it's closer to Splatoon than it is to Steel Diver.

Zen Aku

I wonder if Nintendo is going to make like a Legend of Zelda Collection. All the past Zelda games available on the Switch. (Or most of it)

That would be huge.

I'd love to play an enhanced graphic version of Ocarina and Twilight Princess.

Do we know that they for sure have a new ip in the works?

Nothing is for sure seeing as Nintendo themselves haven't said anything, but LKD/Emily Rogers said they do and they've got the best track records on NX/Switch info so far (along with Eurogamer). Emily in particular said that it's supposedly "weird, fun, crazy" and that she was told that "Nintendo doesn't have another game like this".

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
We reached the new thread status I see. Do the last pages contain any new info/leaks or is this just running on fumes now?

If Skyrim releases on this thing, would we be looking at a version closer to the PS360 or the enhanced PS4/XB1 port?

PS3+XB360 is my bet. It's not confirmed at all yet, but I really don't see Nintendo packing enough power into the Switch to match the Special Edition. Yes, I know it's a 5 year old game with a lot of poorly-aged assets, but my guess is the Switch will once again be a bit more comparable to the previous generation of consoles, if not slightly better.

AzaK

I completely disagree here.
People need to realize that English (while of course being a lingua franca) is not the official and only language in the world.
I'd say that to most people watching the event, it will be just as "flow-ruining" to watch it in English than it is for you to watch it being dubbed from Japanese. (there might be a couple of grammar issues with that sentence, sry)

Calm down, accept the otherness of different cultures and enjoy the freaking show, man! :)

Japan is a place that exists, you know.

Yeah but they're selling to a market that's primarily non-japanese. I wouldn't care if they did a Japanese conference if they also did an English one. I can't see how a Japanese conference can generate excitement and hype to non-japanese. It's going to sound like it's a financial briefing, not an E3 which is what I want and expect for a big new-console conference.

Yeah but they're selling to a market that's primarily non-japanese. I wouldn't care if they did a Japanese conference if they also did an English one. I can't see how a Japanese conference can generate excitement and hype to non-japanese. It's going to sound like it's a financial briefing, not an E3 which is what I want and expect for a big new-console conference.

Uhhhh?

These are both asinine statements tbh. Like, unbelievably wrong and strange to think.

YoodlePro

Nah, I think you are in the wrong here.

Besides, the part in bold is just you being a bit pretentious. I fully support the fact that they are doing the conference in Japanese. I like how Japanese sounds and it makes it more authentic.

Otherwise it's gonna be just like all the movies and TV series that take place somewhere in Italy or Central America and everyone speaks with a brittish accent 8-[

Bulbasaur

Banned
Honestly, guys and gals, Nintendo's best studios have been sitting on something for years. Years! I think crazy expectations will be fulfilled. Nintendo knows that in today's industry, they have to bring their A+++ game and they will come out swinging hard!

Enough of this negativity.

This time they will deliver.

oti

Banned

Oh man, what a limited world view.

This is a press conference. It could be in Greek, the mainstream doesn't care. They'll see Switch on Good Morning America or something.

You're not the centre of the universe.

Nibel

Man why y'all still focus on the constant concern trolling and baits of someone whose avatar is a crashing truck with a NX logo on it
KuGsj.gif

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
PS3+XB360 is my bet. It's not confirmed at all yet, but I really don't see Nintendo packing enough power into the Switch to match the Special Edition. Yes, I know it's a 5 year old game with a lot of poorly-aged assets, but my guess is the Switch will once again be a bit more comparable to the previous generation of consoles, if not slightly better.
I guess Switch will have better shaders, which will position it between the two gens.

More total people speak Mandarin than they do English. Should they do the presentation in Mandarin?

More people speak Spanish Natively than they do English.

Admittedly, there is probably a greater spread of English speakers, but peoples linguistic abilities vary from being fluent to pointing at items and shouting random words.

You're making mountains out of nothing :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Man why y'all still focus on the constant concern trolling and baits of someone whose avatar is a crashing truck with a NX logo on it
KuGsj.gif

They think it's fun. I really don't get it either..

Oh man, what a limited world view.

This is a press conference. It could be in Greek, the mainstream doesn't care. They'll see Switch on Good Morning America or something.

You're not the centre of the universe.

now I want a greek keynote from nintendo.

Plum

Before I go ahead and do it, how reliable are GAME UK in terms of in-store preorders? I'm considering heading there today and putting my £50 deposit down.

foxbeldin

At the moment i'm not particularly interested by the Switch but i'm pretty sure i'll get caught by the hype some point and up buying the thing. Every damn time.

un1que

Before I go ahead and do it, how reliable are GAME UK in terms of in-store preorders? I'm considering heading there today and putting my £50 deposit down.

Usually ok in my experience. It's £20 to preorder and if you manage to get one somewhere else you could use that £20 on something different. I'd do it before Friday just in case the presentation is the mutts nutts and then everyone will be after them.

Plum

Usually ok in my experience. It's £20 to preorder and if you manage to get one somewhere else you could use that £20 on something different. I'd do it before Friday just in case the presentation is the mutts nutts and then everyone will be after them.

I remember them saying £50 but it doesn't matter, I've put aside about £300 minimum for the device anyway. That's good to hear, I reckon if I go today I'll be able to get one guaranteed, even if the presentation doesn't blow everyone away yoi're still gonna get a lot of people wanting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom