• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's me sorted.

thatsabingolsuly.jpg

Amazing.

AGITΩ;228060467 said:
Anyone else think Nintendo will go Physical for Zelda of the Switch but go digital only on Wii U? Since they've been clearing up inventory for most retailers on the Wii U side of things, wouldn't it be a waste of cost just to make physical versions of the game on a now dead system?

Considering the Wii U version can be pre-ordered at every single major retailer, no.

Speely

Banned
Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of normal bingo cards, Dude. At least they're an ethos.

AmyS

Reposting my predictions:

First Party

• [*]Breath of the Wild is indeed a launch title, in NA. EU is delayed 1-2 weeks. Please understand.
  • Mario Switch is very similar to 3D World; Wario appears as a character this time.
  • Splatoon is not quite a sequel, but is a massively updated port. Octolings are finally playable.
  • Smash is shown; at least one newcomer will be revealed.
  • Mario Kart is MK8 with 4 additional cups, more characters, and classic Battle Mode. Called Mario Kart Infinite and will be updated for the Switch's lifespan.
  • A bizarre new IP, even stranger than Splatoon is revealed.
  • Pikmin 4 is revealed.
  • Pokemon Stars is not mentioned.
  • A brief sizzle reel teases games to be elaborated on during the Treehouse stream.
  • MOTHER 3
  • Rabbids Kingdom Battle is revealed to little applause.
  • New Mario Strikers revealed; gritty Rosalina quickly proves a fan favorite.

Third Party
  • Skyrim Remastered is confirmed, obviously. Launch day.
  • Sonic Mania is confirmed; Project 2017 gets a new teaser.
  • Monster Hunter is shown in some capacity.
  • Marvel VS Capcom Infinite shown off; one new Marvel and one new Capcom fighter revealed.
  • Tecmo shows off a new Nintendo-themed Warriors game. Fire Emblem?
  • Tekken 7.
    [*]Dark Souls Trilogy confirmed.
    [*]Dragon Quest incoming
  • Indie sizzle reel that contains conspicuous UNDERTALE footage, with no comment on Nintendo's part.

In bold is what I need to get really hyped, especially a Dark Souls Trilogy since that's yet to be confirmed.

Remember that everything we're going to see on the presentation this thursday is thanks to Mr. Iwata. It was his last major thing before going. I'm gonna be thinking about him the entire presentation :')

Did they include a memorial in the system/game released after Gunpei Yokoi died? I hope the Switch manual has a little memorial piece inside.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Great fucking ot, Heath.

I'm honestly pretty hyped for this but most of it comes from Breath of the Wild. Won't be able to watch the event from Nintendo World, but hopefully they'll have some other Switch-related event there this weekend.

Net

Regarding the IR sensor at bottom of right Joy Con, such position prevents Wii style pointer controls? I was hoping to play something like the Metroid Prime games (in Wii VC downloads, or a new entry altogether) with such controls. Even Mario Galaxy--if released in some form on Switch--wouldn't feel as smooth as it did on Wii without pointer controls.

Are we going to use this thread for the conference or will there be a dedicated conference thread?

Reposting my predictions:

First Party
  • Breath of the Wild is indeed a launch title, in NA. EU is delayed 1-2 weeks. Please understand.
  • Mario Switch is very similar to 3D World; Wario appears as a character this time.
  • Splatoon is not quite a sequel, but is a massively updated port. Octolings are finally playable.
  • Smash is shown; at least one newcomer will be revealed.
  • Mario Kart is MK8 with 4 additional cups, more characters, and classic Battle Mode. Called Mario Kart Infinite and will be updated for the Switch's lifespan.
  • A bizarre new IP, even stranger than Splatoon is revealed.
  • Pikmin 4 is revealed.
  • Pokemon Stars is not mentioned.
  • A brief sizzle reel teases games to be elaborated on during the Treehouse stream.
  • MOTHER 3
  • Rabbids Kingdom Battle is revealed to little applause.
  • New Mario Strikers revealed; gritty Rosalina quickly proves a fan favorite.

Third Party
  • Skyrim Remastered is confirmed, obviously. Launch day.
  • Sonic Mania is confirmed; Project 2017 gets a new teaser.
  • Monster Hunter is shown in some capacity.
  • Marvel VS Capcom Infinite shown off; one new Marvel and one new Capcom fighter revealed.
  • Tecmo shows off a new Nintendo-themed Warriors game. Fire Emblem?
  • Tekken 7.
  • Dark Souls Trilogy confirmed.
  • Dragon Quest incoming.
  • Indie sizzle reel that contains conspicuous UNDERTALE footage, with no comment on Nintendo's part.

Don't forget that one of EA's big games will be in there. I also think its a shoe in that Activision will have a game or two. Would be very surprised if Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and/or COD4 Remastered doesn't make it.

My predictions:

-launch date, price(250), storage(32 GB)+RAM(4GB)confirmed(March 17?)
-switch motion sensing functions and other features revealed
-nintendo OS and UI mentioned, along with region free gaming+account system+mii integration(and outfit microtransactions)
-Zelda BotW day one in NA, but comes later for EU due to language translation issues
-Mario game on day 1
-expensive expansion port of Splatoon revealed with Splatoon bundle with switch for $300 with more storage space(128GB) along with splatoon microtransactions
-Xenoblade X port mention
-mk8 switch revealed with 4 cups, battle mode, and more characters
-smash switch mentioned with one (or existing character) revealed
-VC games mentioned.. Luigi's Mansion, SSBM, and Super Mario Sunshine coming in the launch window of the switch(March-June)
-3rd party ports include Skyrim, Rayman Rabbids+Mario Crossover, Monster Hunter, Possibly Tekken 7, and Capcom either shows Marvel Vs Capcom or RE7(or both). EA also shows their "big" game, and Activision gives us Call of Duty IW or COD4 remastered or both
-Teaser trailer of Beyond Good and Evil reboot
-sonic game
-indies

You know what I would love to see? Crash Bandicoot. It won't happen, but that would be so good. I really hope the trilogy is released on the Switch eventually.

Sponge

Banned
You know what I would love to see? Crash Bandicoot. It won't happen, but that would be so good. I really hope the trilogy is released on the Switch eventually.

I could maybe see Crash Bandicoot hitting the Xbox and Switch a year after the PS4 version. Those Crash Skylanders figures worked on the Xbox and Wii U versions so I don't think the series is going to stay completely Playstation exclusive.

takriel

And just like that, this excitement you felt as a kid when a new game or console launch was near has taken hold of me.

Only Nintendo can do this, man. So magical.

_Clash_

Event ends with a brief 'one more thing' post script. Reggie comes out to talk about a very recent partnership Nintendo has made with a third party developer. It's Scalebound. A few moments of footage showing Drew in Mario's overalls and Thuban with a Yoshi skin are shown. Hideki Kamiya walks out and bro hugs Reggie on camera. A single tear rolls down each GAF member's cheek. Miyamoto does this:

m101ral67.gif

Yes pls

Nydius

Gold Member
Haven't seen it addressed (or maybe I've just missed it), but I'm just sitting over here wondering how they're going to adapt Splatoon's second-screen map and navigation. Having easy access to the turf war map and being able to jump to teammates on the fly was kind of a major gameplay element.

I suppose they could make it a screen you could to pull up in a PiP overlay via a menu or button but damn if that wouldn't feel clunky.

TDLink

Don't forget that one of EA's big games will be in there

They've already said it's not Mass Effect and that's the only big thing that's launching around Switch.

My guess:
A port of SW Battlefront with all the DLC included that no one will buy since they already got it on other systems in the year+ it's been out. Then they won't release the sequel on Switch this fall because no one bought the late port of the first one.

It's the EA thing to do

With Samus Aran as an exclusive character!

They'll do a Samus skin for Pharah at most

I'm really hoping the Donkey Kong series doesn't go into another weird experimental phase like it did after Rare was bought out but I do want Retro to move onto something new.

Monster Games could be put on a new DKC since they co-developed Tropical Freeze and ported Returns.
Or Diddy Kong Racing 2 because I still believe in Kevin Callahan damn it.

They helped out at the very end of TF's development when they had time after they finished DKCR3D. Also, they are no longer a Nintendo partner anymore :(

Speely

Banned
There really needs to be a Bingo Card making site or something

OH! My bad. :( I didn't realize you were asking for a tool that could format stuff for you. Sorry if just linking to a template was in bad form. I didn't mean to be dismissive.

That said, even a simple, free editing tool could allow you to fit images and words into that template. It's also fun (I did my bingo card on a chromebook using the touchpad via a free web-based editor.)

jdstorm

Banned
Haven't seen it addressed (or maybe I've just missed it), but I'm just sitting over here wondering how they're going to adapt Splatoon's second-screen map and navigation. Having easy access to the turf war map and being able to jump to teammates on the fly was kind of a major gameplay element.

I suppose they could make it a screen you could to pull up in a PiP overlay via a menu or button but damn if that wouldn't feel clunky.

Im guessing the jump to teammate function will be mapped to the D pad. No idea about the map

suaveric

I'm just wondering how they're going to fit this all in an hour long presentation. They have to reveal price, release dates, all the extra functions of the system plus online and virtual console. Then they have a shit ton of games on top of that. That's gonna be one very fast moving hour.

I'll bite at $249 Nintendo. Not sure I can go more considering LoZ is going to be $60. I've been wanting to get some other games near March so I'll have to budget carefully.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm just wondering how they're going to fit this all in an hour long presentation. They have to reveal price, release dates, all the extra functions of the system plus online and virtual console. Then they have a shit ton of games on top of that. That's gonna be one very fast moving hour.
Is it confirmed to only be 1 hour? But I'd imagine we won't see any gameplay demos so that saves some time. They're probably saving that for the treehouse stuff later in the day.

Mortemis

Banned
Starting to get caught up in the hype. Excited for Thursday.

The switch could end up as my first console that I get on launch, especially if BOTW is a launch title. Can't wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom