• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Got my Donkey Kong code and redeeming it on my little Brother 3DSXL. I am a good older brother. :)

Why can't America have sales like these?

Because it wasn't a sale, someone goofed up the pricing and Nintendo decided to honour the one that went through before removing the error.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
more like
ihUFM90sRb6FV.gif

That was the one I wanted to use but didn't have. Saved!

Mr-Joker

Banned
So guys would you like Nintendo do this this kind of flash sale more often, and did it convince anyone here to buy a Wii U or 3DS?

blazeuk

Just got my last one (M&L:DT), got AC, 101 and Pikmin 3 earlier today - hard to complain at those prices although I will anyway...101 is taking forever to download!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
14:38 (13:38 in UK, just after they corrected the prices) and it was supposed to dispatch "tomorrow".

...hopefully they'll send the code today, then. I ordered on a little later than you. Come on, Nintendo!

Jazzem

Just got my last one (M&L:DT), got AC, 101 and Pikmin 3 earlier today - hard to complain at those prices although I will anyway...101 is taking forever to download!

Aye, that 13GB is rough! I was hoping I could delay having to get an external HDD :p

Time to get one! :)

I'm getting one the second it gets a price cut. Cheapest premium Wii U SKU where I live seems to be the The Wind Waker HD bundle at about €300.
€250 and I'm there.

edit: In case people are getting ideas... I am keeping the games :p

Shantom

Why did I pick today to move back to uni? If anyone picked up extra copies of Pikmin or TW101 I'd love to buy them from you :)

Hedja

Got all four of my codes: ACNL, Dream Team, Pikmin 3 and W101. Having a digital copy of ACNL is a huge convenience since it's a daily game. I'll just pass on/sell the retail one.

Good day today. Thanks again, OP.

Bodom

Banned
Well finally I got my code even though it said "Sold out". W101 here I come :D (Working in other european countries)

Yasawas

Dream Team and Pikmin! Nice one Nintendo, did not expect that to get followed through on.

Big love to OP, that was a tense five minutes ordering this on my tablet at lunch with a spotty tethered 3G connection but we got there.

So what are the odds that Nintendo notices that selling a fuckton of old games at £8 a pop is more profitable than selling fewer games at full price over the course of several years?

Of course that doesn't apply to all of their games, some really will keep on selling for years. Lego City, though? Wonderful 101? How many people in this thread alone took the plunge who otherwise never would have?

MrT-Tar

Got my two download codes (Pikmin 3 and W101) and they are now downloading. The ironic thing is that I was planning on buying a physical copy of both in the near future

Haunted

So what are the odds that Nintendo notices that selling a fuckton of old games at £8 a pop is more profitable than selling fewer games at full price over the course of several years?
As long as the old guard at NCL is in charge?

0%

Honestly, the sooner they lose their outdated preconceived notion of brand value and the nature of digital sales in today's market, the better off their bottom line will be.

can i use this in Switzerland? People said conflicting things throughout the thread.

Edit : legit pricing error, all games are back to normal price!

damn.

javac

I've got Animal Crossing, Pikmin and TW101. Anyone who missed out maybe want any of these or should I just pop them on eBay? I'd rather just keep my physical copies then mess about with hard drives and what not. Plus I'd rather have the boxes on my shelves!

SuomiDude

I've got Animal Crossing, Pikmin and TW101. Anyone who missed out maybe want any of these or should I just pop them on eBay? I'd rather just keep my physical copies then mess about with hard drives and what not. Plus I'd rather have the boxes on my shelves!
You might give W101 code for free? I'm in. But if I misunderstood, then go for eBay or something :D

wrowa

How much do you want for Pikmin and/or W101?

69wpm

Welp, somebody is selling TW101 for 28 quid on the bay. At least let people have the game who really want it instead of selling it for profit :/

javac

You might give W101 code for free? I'm in. But if I misunderstood, then go for eBay or something :D

Ha sorry I didn't mean for free :(. I'll put my hands up and admit I'm not as generous as many of the great gaffers that we hear of are unfortunately. I wish I was.

Xeno_V

So apparently people are still receiving codes even now, right?
I am still waiting for W101 and Mario and Luigi RPG, the order is still not cancelled so hopefully I 'll get lucky.

Empty

donkey kong came throigh yesss

good times. these bargains should keep my 3ds happy for a while :)

fuck me dkcr takes up a lot of blocks :G

V_Ben

Banned

I'll pay for all 3 of them if you're selling. Umm, £10 each? (unless you're willing to sell at cost, can pay a little more too)

Top Bottom