• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not confirmed: Dark Souls 3 PC framerate to be locked at 30 fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akronis

Did I say it was an excuse? LOL I already said in this very thread that I don't agree with 60 fps, just that there might be more to this then 'miyazaki's dumb vision', 'lazy dev's' or all the other driveby shit posts I've seen in this thread. I fully agree, if they can't get it running at 60 fps without issues on PC then their PC programming skills are sub par. ah whatever, I give up.

You were begging the question whether or not there are other reasons for it to be locked. There are no good reasons. It's shitty programming.

But that seems to the excuse From Software are spinning.

Nope. They haven't even made an official statement on the final framerate, let alone any 'excuses for it. If you're referring to the 'creative vision' stuff, that was due to a mistranslation as far as I know. So much knee jerk. I get that people are upset about no 60 fps. It's upsetting. Lets not lose our heads and start saying dumb shit though. I like to think gaf can be better than that. It's why I post here and not reddit or gamefaqs.

Nope. They haven't even made an official statement on the final framerate, let alone any 'excuses for it. If you're referring to the 'creative vision' stuff, that was due to a mistranslation as far as I know. So much knee jerk. I get that people are upset about no 60 fps. It's upsetting. Lets not lose our heads and start saying dumb shit though. I like to think gaf can be better than that. It's why I post here and not reddit or gamefaqs.
I agree, I'm here because I specifically grew out of the festering hole that is GFAQ.

Durante

Given how much people annoyed me with the whole "A team"/"B team" talk I'd personally be rather amused if the amazing "A team" didn't deliver a game which runs at variable framerates (at the very least up to 60 Hz).

Neoweee

DS2 was very well optimized from my experience. It was one of the very few games that could run at an almost constant 50 fps on my work laptop with medium settings.

Yup. It (both releases, actually) is one of the best-optimized ports of last gen,

hawk2025

Given how much people annoyed me with the whole "A team"/"B team" talk I'd personally be rather amused if the amazing "A team" didn't deliver a game which runs at variable framerates (at the very least up to 60 Hz).

Amused, but also.... motivated? :)

:(

The "vision" comment is probably based on an interview with Sony Japan producer Masaaki Yamagiwa (who worked on Bloodborne).

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ts-the-best-for-action-games-claims-producer/

The interview which probably EVERY poster in this thread is aware of, and which, all of us unanimously agree that 60hz or above is ALWAYS better? I'm actually waiting to know which PC game Miyazaki went ahead out of his way and locked at 30 FPS because of his "stupid vision", as the poster claimed.

You were begging the question whether or not there are other reasons for it to be locked. There are no good reasons. It's shitty programming.

no I wasn't and now you're starting to annoy me. I didn't say there were any good reasons, I said there were reasons other than the ridiculous shit posting reasons put forth in this thread. Is there something wrong with your reading comprehension? I just agreed that it's shitty programming. Go away now.

It's a tough trade off you know.

To get a good Souls game, you gotta sacrifice 30 fps. :^)

Akronis

no I wasn't and now you're starting to annoy me. I didn't say there were any good reasons, I said there were reasons other than the ridiculous shit posting reasons put forth in this thread. Is there something wrong with your reading comprehension? I just agreed that it's shitty programming. Go away now.

What other reasons other than laziness then? Do tell.

Are people really being that dismissive that they want to blame it on 'laziness' or 'miyazaki's dumb vision? like....can't you even entertain the possibility that there might be other reasons the game is locked at 30 fps?

tcrunch

The interview which probably EVERY poster in this thread is aware of, and which, all of us unanimously agree that 60hz or above is ALWAYS better? I'm actually waiting to know which PC game Miyazaki went ahead out of his way and locked at 30 FPS because of his "stupid vision", as the poster claimed.

What I was saying was the poster misplaced a comment from a SCEJ producer as being somehow related to Miyazaki or FROM Software.

not nearly as good. not even in the same league really. I mean, I beat dark souls 2 a bunch of times and same with scholar which I loved but.....creatively it's not even close in my opinion.
Opinions and all, but I still find Souls 2 more fun than Bloodborne :)

But hey it's no big deal because Souls 3 will probably be the best of all and a grand send off.

@Primethius, alright then! Can never tell even with emotes when it comes to DkS2.

diamount

Banned

No, From Software gets far too much praise. They should be questioned at any opportunity, if this was Ubisoft this thread would be mostly negative.

No, From Software gets far too much praise. They should be questioned at any opportunity, if this was Ubisoft this thread would be mostly negative.

I am questioning. I'm not defending anything, I'm just speculating like everybody else as to why this is happening. I also know that it's not because of 'laziness' or 'creative vision' and I'll call out that bullshit for the garbage posting that it is. Most likely it's because they suck at porting to PC without issues. Also, this thread is OVERWHELMINGLY negative, as it should be. so no idea what you mean there.

GrayChild

Disappointing if true, but will still keep my preorder.

But let's be honest, of all things we love FROM, technical proficiency is not one one of them. Even though all Souls games are amazing, each one of them has some glaring flaws in that regard. I would be genuinely surprised if DSIII is any different.

So more info soon on the pc version, not long left till release why the secrecy on the frame rate? Its really not a hard question to answer at this point considering the game will be gold very soon.

diamount

Banned
I am questioning. I'm not defending anything, I'm just speculating like everybody else as to why this is happening. I also know that it's not because of 'laziness' or 'creative vision' and I'll call out that bullshit for the garbage posting that it is. Most likely it's because they suck at porting to PC without issues. Also, this thread is OVERWHELMINGLY negative, as it should be. so no idea what you mean there.

They are hardly going to call themselves inept at porting, are they? Vision is generally the industry term for their incapability to go over 30 fps, so that is what it will be. But there isn't going to be any official statement on this unless there is a big uproar.

Sanctuary

Well, the "A team" delivered a game with some really shitty collision and hitboxes on the PS4 at least, so that debunked the A/B crap in terms of programming at least.

Well, the "A team" delivered a game with some really shitty collision and hitboxes on the PS4 at least, so that debunked the A/B crap in terms of programming at least.

Are you talking about Bloodborne? Because there's no chance the hitboxes in BB were worse than DS2.

There seems to have been a really huge feeling of disconnect between the Miyazaki lead team and the Dark Souls 2 team. The game was not perfect but the PC version was made extremely well and gave me hopes for DS3. But it seems like Miyzaki is just disregarding that teams work completely on this game and I have always feared how the PC version will turn out. If from fucks this up I will be very angry and probably won't support their games anymore. The fact that their games have so sold so well in spite of the terrible job they did porting DS1 should mean they put a little more effort on this one.

Yep. This has been my fear since the announcement.

RK9039

It's going to be a really funny situation.

Shredderi

This is a simple yes or no kind of thing, not a let's reveal it soon.

This. If the game does offer the rudimentary as fuck feature like 60fps then it's a simple matter of yes or no. Either it's capped or it's not. If nothing's wrong then what's the downside for them to disclose this simple piece of information about the port?

I can't believe it will be locked 30. DS2 was one of the best japanese PC ports and such a huge improvement from DS. Will be very surprised if they end up doing that.

ike_

Locked 120 FPS. If it detects your PC can't run it at 120 FPS it crashes.

Wouldn't be the first time.
bwaShY9.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom