• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nothing stops this train. PUBG surpasses [-46,278,233,054] concurrent users (!!!!)

I am more surprised to see Rainbow Six: seige up there. Wow that game must have been in a huge hit for ubisoft.

On-topic: Gratz to the the devs of PUBG.

Growing way faster than I thought. While DOTA 2 got some players back because of TI7, I can't see it holding #1 for all of Setember. PUBG will overtake it by the 2nd week.

LoL has about 7~8 times more monthly players than DOTA 2, so it probably has 8 million concurrent players on average, may be higher nowadays.

oh wow. That's amazing.

Is that irony?
LoL is way bigger than Dota.

was just a question

Don't know concurrent numbers but last I heard it had 100 million players a month. At one point it had 27 million players log in every day.

Damn man LoL is probably the biggest game that ever exist? playerbase wise.

Bluth54

People were expecting a more significant update for CSGOs 5th anniversary and use that as an excuse as to why Valve doesn't care about the game.

I'm not sure why anyone who really closely follows Valve would expect a big update for CSGO's anniversary, Valve doesn't really care about anniversaries.

LoL is far bigger than that. In 2014 they reported 7.5 mil concurrent peak, 27 mil daily, 100 mil monthly.

oh wow. That's amazing.

was just a question

Crossfire the second biggest PC game behind LoL has 8 million concurrent player
so yeah something between 9 and 11 million (peak) concurrent player is totally possible for LoL

RevenWolf

oh wow. That's amazing.

was just a question

Yeah I'm pretty positive it is. I will say seeing that list really makes me appreciate how big the pc community has gotten.

It's finally to a point where it feels like every genre is finally getting catered to.
[though I suspect rts fans are suffering right now, feels like a dry spell/spoiler]

I'm not sure why anyone who really closely follows Valve would expect a big update for CSGO's anniversary, Valve doesn't really care about anniversaries.
Because the CSGO community just ignores obvious shit.

The requests people have are never going to happen either. 5v5 casual, 128 tick, etc. because there are third party services that can provide that.

But that won't stop people from overhyping every wickedplayer949 post about an update showing up in the SteamDB

Or how people bitch that CSGO doesn't have an International. That shit destroys teams, there's always huge roster changes and there's this feeling that most teams don't really give a shit about tournaments outside of TI. I don't know why people want that in CS, whether it's a valve major or a random ESL tournament you always feel like the teams are trying to win

RevenWolf

Pubg is too good with friends

Cant wait for more maps

Same! I kinda hope there's going to be a city map, so tall buildings everywhere that you can enter.

The problem is it seems like it would be impossible to make loot buildings particularly distinct, and reversal would be a giant pain with the current mobility options.

Alastor3

Will it come on ps4? Not sure my computer run it, i remember having mid to low graphic for ARMA ZOMBIE (Forgot the name)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Will it come on ps4? Not sure my computer run it, i remember having mid to low graphic for ARMA ZOMBIE (Forgot the name)

Hopefully not in the near future. Lots of people say it doesnt have good performance so give them several years or a decade to fix them

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
screenshot_20170827-0jbrg7.png

Same! I kinda hope there's going to be a city map, so tall buildings everywhere that you can enter.

The problem is it seems like it would be impossible to make loot buildings particularly distinct, and reversal would be a giant pain with the current mobility options.
Have you seen the new map coming out?

Aters

Just want to know, is it fun to play in solo? I want to see what all the buzz is about, but I am afraid that it is difficult to start as I will play it alone.

A lot of people enjoy solo, not me though. I suppose you can surely find at least one friend?

Honestly I can't wait for the Xbox version. I don't have a computer desk or m+kb set up right now and it's been killing me not being able to play this game

Daffy Duck

Why? what's the main draw?

Because no other MP gives me the buzz this game does, whether that just be looting up with people near by, or those tense top 10 situations. Every gun fight feels tense.

Nothing gives that buzz like this game does.

Because no other MP gives me the buzz this game does, whether that just be looting up with people near by, or those tense top 10 situations. Every gun fight fees tense.

Nothing gives that buzz like this game does.
Top 10 and dropping into a city with a bunch of other people so nerve Racking!

SlickVic

Just want to know, is it fun to play in solo? I want to see what all the buzz is about, but I am afraid that it is difficult to start as I will play it alone.

I've only played it solo. Doubt it's for everyone but I enjoy it a lot. Nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of fending for yourself while everyone else is out to get you.

Only knock I'd throw against solo mode is matches can often end somewhat anticlimactically. You can survive a good 10-15 minutes and out of nowhere, someone suddenly shoots you from 'the shadows' and the match is over. While it can feel frustrating, you just have to respect your opponent got the drop on you, take the L, and move on to the next match. Alternately, in Duo and Squad games, you can revive fallen teammates and have at least one more pair of eyes to lookout for enemies. Playing in teams adds a different strategy to the game, but I wouldn't really call it "better". I think both team and solo play can be a lot of fun, and it seems they both are different enough from each other.

Goalus

Nah. I don't think they are making that date.

But who knows, maybe that team in spain can work some magic. But realize this game has to run on the base Xbox One as well.

Since it will release on Game Preview, it doesn't have to be finished.
And if it doesn't perform well on Xbox One S, it might be a potential system seller for Xbox One X.

Zemm

How is this even possible? Do the people buying it know it doesn't have overly long cutscenes, an incredibly narrow FoV or the graphics?

But its not, FPP is superior in every single possible way.

Yeah, no. The game was built was for third person. If it takes away the third person, it looses a large part of what makes it stand out from other competitive shooters.

We have enough fucking first person shooters.

Sir Doom

With PUBG being popular now,
Will Call of Duty join the hall of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk?

Once that's done Activision is done.

DemWalls

As someone who's obviously aware of the massive success it's having, but knows basically nothing about the game itself, I have to ask... what's so special about it? Is such a level of success deserved?

I don't really play online games, but these kind of success stories always make me happy for some reason. Just cool to know that there will always be some Rocket League or PUBG out there, just waiting to surprise the world

rrs

Is this accessible to people who suck at MP games? Asking for a friend.
To an extent, there's hidden skill level matchmaking but this game is all about getting the drop or you die. The ARMA style gunplay also gives a learning curve vs cod

pislit

As someone who's obviously aware of the massive success it's having, but knows basically nothing about the game itself, I have to ask... what's so special about it? Is such a level of success deserved?

Yes, it deserves the success as the game continues to improve. Gameplay wise, at least for me, this is the only experience that replicated that intense adrenaline rush I've experienced in real life like when armed rebels stopped our bus and asked us about our identities one by one.

Head.spawn

With PUBG being popular now,
Will Call of Duty join the hall of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk?

Once that's done Activision is done.

Probably not, I don't get the feeling that this game is for the CoD audience. CoD doesn't even sell that well on PC for one..

Also, Destiny is still a pretty big thing.

Salmonax

Very nice! Looking forward to tomorrow’s thread on PUBG’s numbers.

EDIT: Oh Jesus, there are literally four such threads on the front page.

Top Bottom