• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2008

Mama Robotnik said:
Wii

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/mappster138/qstartrek.jpg

[b]Nintendo DS[/b]

[IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/mappster138/t_trelane.jpg

[b]Xbox360[/b]

[IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/mappster138/381731208_500a035f09.jpg

[b]Sony Playstation 2 and Sony Playstation 3[/b]

[IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/mappster138/pakled04.jpg[/QUOTE]lol

Mrbob

Woo go Left 4 Dead.

There was a ton of pre release talk about how L4D was going to get caught up in the holiday season and not sell at all. Or how there were stacks on the 360 version at EBs everywhere with people returning them. Guess not! Right now it is destroying the Orange Box sales on 360. Damn.

I wonder how much it has sold on the PC if it already moved a million units on 360 in a month. Glad to see it not being ignored on the console side!

Haunted

DS also amazing, Wii software killing in the Top 10.

desh said:
So, does the Wii hold the record for sales in every month except December?
I think so. DS holds the december record as of today.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So wait, the Wii failed to surpass the record only for the DS to do it instead? Hahahaha, damn the DS & Wii are beasts

Nice for the DS and the 360. Wii is less then expected. Overall pretty good month for a recession. Everyone can start the PS3 is doomed posts now like they do every month.

Frillen

Private Hoffman said:
Not too surprising.

I'm more interested in software sales; specifically for Banjo, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, MotorStorm 2, Fable 2, Wii Music, etc.

I hope those numbers get released.

Wait what!! wait what!! wait what!! Wait what!!..... Wait what!!!???

goldenpp72

yeah the whole year of the ps3 thing didn't pan out for 2008.. but 2009, oh just wait and see! 800k ahoy for december 09! for the people thinking the ps3 number isn't bad, i'm pretty sure it's the only main line console to not ever break a million during christmas :/ Hopefully people don't start putting it against gamecube as proof of success.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Hadn't realised MK Wii and Wii Fit has sold so well.

Staggering how well Nintendo have done this generation. Their domination on the hardware, and now software front, is nothing short of spectacular.

In contrast, Sony's fall has far exceeded that which Nintendo experienced. Got to rank up there with some of the biggest fuck-ups in the consumer electronics industry.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Top selling games of 2008, dollar sales figures, and analysis by NPD's Anita Frazier added to OP.

RagnarokX

35hkdx4.gif

Fredescu

zeloe326 said:
Is there anything really that surprising here. I don't really do NPD threads, but what is the big hoopla about?

360- 199
Wii - 249
PS3- 399

Isn't it obvious who would sell more. Maybe, I should just stay out of these NPD threads, not for me I guess.
How is it obvious that the middle one sells more?

ICallItFutile said:
2007:

DS 8.430 mil
PSP 3.823 mil
360 4.618 mil
PS3 2.555 mil
Wii 6.289 mil

2008:

DS 9.951 mil
PSP 3.829 mil
360 4.735 mil
PS3 3.544 mil
Wii 10.171 mil

Holy shit...

360 up by 117,000.
PS3 up by 989,000.
Wii up by 3,882,000

All three seem to be doing really, really well. It's weird seeing that the 360 pretty much broke even when they had their price drop this year...

JudgeN said:
Need LBP numbers, lets see if it had legs.

Evidence of legs will come in Jan, Feb and the rest of 2009, sales should still be good in December as its the 2nd biggest PS3 Christmas game after CODWOW

Oxymoron

methane47 said:
700K for PS3 not bad..

Good job PS2 still keeping in there..

WOW at Wii ... thats absolutely ridiculous.. i have no clue why people are buying so many of that thing.

what were the expected sales for the big 3 btw?
A valiant effort at spinning.

You didn't quite pull it off, though.

Frillen

_leech_ said:
Holy shit...

360 up by 117,000.
PS3 up by 989,000.
Wii up by 3,882,000

All three seem to be doing really, really well. It's weird seeing that the 360 pretty much broke even when they had their price drop this year...

Is it really well to sell less than horrible?

Banned
zeloe326 said:
Is there anything really that surprising here. I don't really do NPD threads, but what is the big hoopla about?

360- 199
Wii - 249
PS3- 399

Isn't it obvious who would sell more. Maybe, I should just stay out of these NPD threads, not for me I guess.

Do you really think all 1.44 Million was the Arcade system?

Wow.

The PS3 is in a delicate position.

It's way too expensive, but the actual financial position from Sony won't allow a price cut in the near future.

The future unfortunately is black for the PS3.

Davidion

Impressive L4D sales, everything else...to be expected I guess.

There's not enough limp half spin by the defense force just yet, STEP UP FOLKS!

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
zeloe326 said:

360- 199
Wii - 249
PS3- 399

Well according to Sony the real cost of 360 is 450$, so yeah, it should have sold less.

Top Bottom