• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

Mael

Assuming that EA wouldn't have gone all scorched earth on the Wii U, the Garden Warfare games would probably be a pretty good match for the Wii U audience.

EA on Nintendo hardware, that's a good one!
Just following them on Wii was reason enough to never expect anything more from them.
But yeah it would have been a good match, it's actually surprising there's not more games of this kind on...well pretty much all platforms.
I guess publishers prefer to chase high value customers and bleed them rather than go for a broader market :/
I sound like a broken record, it's been more than 5 years that I feel like I'm saying the same thing.

also good thing for Splatoon, hopefully it becomes an evergreen.

PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system install base in the USA is now over 8 million.

At the same point in time the PS3 hadn't even reached 5 million.

Sheeiittt.gif.

Playstation doing that work. Huge loss in market share for MS this generation, absolutely damning.

Also impressive is the fact the the Bone is cheaper, more deals, more games being given for free, while Sonys bundles I believe (Arkham Knight) go up in price. Profit differentials are off the chain.

It seems right for me to read that most (probably all) of the hardware growth YOY is from Xbox One.

PS4 is actually probably down YOY

etta

my hard graphic balls
Xbox One is approaching 7.5 million units in the US. At the same time point the Xbox 360 had exceeded 5.7 million units.

Weren't people saying that the Xbox One is doing worse than the 360 on the same time scale?

gtj1092

tumblr_nqbv2bLhtf1ux0cuco1_250.png

stay fresh out there yall

ummmm, no? can you point out some examples because I'm not sure they actually exist. even the most optimistic sales estimates for splatoon have already been surpassed

You were talking about may npd thread right? The first three pages were of people talking about it having amazing sales without any numbers to back them up. Then we discovered it only sold around 135k.

Really because I recall some predicted at least 2 million WW in one if the PAL threads. Can we stop pretending everyone said the game was going to bomb.

A_Gorilla

Banned
It was a good statistic to show, and shows that E3 was really good for the Xbox One.

But yeah lets all gang up on him for reasons.

You know whats an even better and relevant statistic?

Actually winning the month.

Xbox One despite losing for PS4 has an impressive LTD in US. The problem for Microsoft is Europe.

And Asia, And Japan. And South America.

...Basically everywhere but the US and maybe the UK.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Splatoon illustrates why NoA wanted to pass out on Devil's Third and why third parties avoid the Wii U. Only games with strong family and kid appeal in combination with a big marketing push seem to find an audience on Wii U. Most third parties don't create such games as they wouldn't sell well on the other platforms.

Devil's Third was being dropped because it was bad and had no hype.

jjonez18

Really goes to show how much a high quality AAA current gen only game can do for both consoles and publishers alike. 300k+ for both is incredible.

Bgamer90

Banned
Sheeiittt.gif.

Playstation doing that work. Huge loss in market share for MS this generation, absolutely damning.

I believe the XB1 currently has the same percentage of current gen console sales in the US as the 360 did for most of its gen thanks to the huge drop that Nintendo took. That fact also shows that MS could have been even more dominant in the US this gen though (in comparison to 360).

Missed opportunity.

Grakl

Because buyers waiting for the PS4 bundle affects the Xbox One's sales. So Xbox One sales increased 79% week over week because potential PS4 buyers were waiting, meaning no sales would be made from them? Come on now.
It does affect the Xbone's sales relative to the other consoles, which is what that stat is talking about

Welfare

It means less people buying PS4s which lead to Xbox One selling more that week.

Not sure what's difficult in understanding that.

Are people reading the full quote or no?

@aarongreenberg: Good June #NPD #XboxOne sales +51% YOY & proud we were #1 selling console the week of E3 +79% WOW

Less people buying a PS4 would not affect that statistic.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
If sony brings out a bundle for COD for NA for the ps4, and since they already have one for mgs v they are going to wreck this holiday

So you think Xbox 360 and PS3 are up?

No. I guess I'm assuming that PS3 and Xbox 350 YOY is either flat or slightly down. Maybe doesn't hold true. But it says hardware is up 8% YOY. That is dollars IIRC.

Xbox One is up 51% in units. And it probably has had about a $50 avg price reduction from this time last year. Down from $400 to $350. So it dropped 12.5% in avg price while increasing units by 51%.

Guess we need PS3 and Xbox 360 to finish the equation

Top Bottom