• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

Faustek

See: Microsoft's Xbox One deals during the week of Destiny and Arkham Knight.

Yeah I was wondering, since the Destiny launch, if those are accounted for or if they are ignored when NPD presents the numbers.

Japan is a problem since first Xbox. It didn't hurt 360.

Microsoft need to sell better in mainland Europe, PS4 is killing with massive market share outside of UK.

They need to sell better in the US. If they can't get a proper hold of their main audience I don't see why anyone outside of that would care.

japan is disappointing for everybody involved

china is trickier. combination of xbox has no decent japanese titles + acquiescing to chinese gov demands vs ps4's japanese catalogue + finding ways to get around chinese mandated region lock means that it's doubtful china will ever be a meaningful market for xbox.

How come PS4/V aren't region locked?

harSon

Banned
I think at this rate it's better to assume that the US is closer to 70-80% of the Xbox One's install rather than 60%. Where would that other 40% even be coming from?

See: Microsoft's Xbox One deals during the week of Destiny and Arkham Knight.

They've done it in a very round about way. I'm talking Microsoft working with Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. and doing a simultaneous promotion where you purchase an XB1 and get your choice of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Halo 5 or Star Wars Battlefront for free - and having that advertised in all of their ads.

Mr Swine

Banned
How do I put this nicely...?

giphy.gif

Come back in 2 or 3 hours if Cream is feeling nice

Would be nice to know if he can :eek:

donny2112

how did you get your numbers, I did a calculation and it lines up with Welfare's (and ZhugeEX's)

Redid them using the numbers used for prediction results last year and get 125K for 3DS, so we can use that and 55K (like multiples of 5K for non-specific results; e.g. "> 40%") for WIU, unless we get something else in the thread.

Shiggy

There's stuffs like Plants Vs Zombie 2 I think that worked as a tps full of colors and everything.
I guess it's easier to get fundings for gritty shooter than with games with broad appeal...

I actually think it's a game that could've been successful on a Nintendo console.

I think Devil's Third has more to do with the game being bad and a for sure bomb. Also, third parties would have no problem making family games if the sales are there.

Nintendo had no trouble with publishing bad games in the past.

allan-bh

Redid them using the numbers used for prediction results last year and get 125K for 3DS, so we can use that and 55K (like multiples of 5K for non-specific results; e.g. "> 40%") for WIU, unless we get something else in the thread.

With cream pie we will have Wii U number.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm a bit surprised by Jurassic World Lego's performance.

It's Wii U sku is lower than I would of anticipated judging by platform rankings, or maybe the initial rush for the game is of an older audience that are on those platforms.

Toki767

They've done it in a very round about way. I'm talking Microsoft working with Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. and doing a simultaneous promotion where you purchase an XB1 and get your choice of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Halo 5 or Star Wars Battlefront for free - and having that advertised in all of their ads.
I'm pretty sure Sony could sue if they specifically mentioned them in a deal, which is why they have to say any free game.

Yeah I was wondering, since the Destiny launch, if those are accounted for or if they are ignored when NPD presents the numbers.

Those are counted on NPDs because cashiers have to ring them up.

Seeing Tim Dog talk to Aaron Greenberg is finding a piece of shit, on top of another piece of shit.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/621821071742767104

OK

I have to ask who the fuck is this guy on twitter he "claims" to have "taken down" neogaf but the site is still up and running. And he seems to think he works for Microsoft's XB division when in real life his actual job isn't corporate.

It's just confusing to see dude pop up in my timeline pushing this narrative that himself Greenberg and Phil Spencer are close. I'm not sure if it's sad or weird or a little bit of both.

truth411

You guys are so wrong about Xbox One..... It's easily less than 60%.

The PS4 share in the USA is 36% of total worldwide sales.
Trying to understand this post. If your saying since the PS4 is at about 8.1 million sold in the U.S. and that is 36% of its Worldwide sales, thus WW LTD = 22.5 million sold through then that don't sound right imo. WW numbers sound low.

I believe the XB1 currently has the same percentage of current gen console sales in the US as the 360 did for most of its gen thanks to the huge drop that Nintendo took. That fact also shows that MS could have been even more dominant in the US this gen though (in comparison to 360).

Missed opportunity.

You're right, but looking at it logically, the HD marketshare last gen was about 75 million, roughly. 360 was about 50 mil vs 25 mil from Sony. If this gen continues, it will be about 40-35 million in favour of the PS4. Thats a massive shift, all things being equal if you were to adjust total sales last gen, you'd get 95 million PS3s and 65 million 360s.

Now consider the even greater disparity worldwide and you realize why MS must dominate the US to be even close.

Schnauzer

Stores can have deals, but they can't advertise it through TV/Print without legal ramifications.

Sandfox

I actually think it's a game that could've been successful on a Nintendo console.

Nintendo had no trouble with publishing bad games in the past.
Other bad games they have put out had higher sales potential and based on what we've heard this would be one of the worst games Nintendo has ever released.

Gotdatmoney
I'd be talking out of my ass if I tried to imply I knew the usual Americas splits. Canada is roughly 10~15% American sales from what I heard and digital is about 10% of physical on Average in America. It's probably safe to guess US is 70-85% today sales in the Americas. But really, the is not way the game did 270k in the US for June. Like zero possbility. I think 150-175k physical is more likely.

post2689

Hmm looks like it did! Actually, more than 270.

allan-bh

They need to sell better in the US. If they can't get a proper hold of their main audience I don't see why anyone outside of that would care.

They are selling very well. Even if sell better taking the lead, they need to stop to lose so badly in other markets.

Jigolo

Well deserved sales for Batman. Game is phenomenal.

Curious to see how much did PS4 exactly, cause Xbone sold well too so i guess the gap was little, by the way i'm glad to see both console are selling well and better than last year, we need this to keep it going

giphy.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
OK

I have to ask who the fuck is this guy on twitter he "claims" to have "taken down" neogaf but the site is still up and running. And he seems to think he works for Microsoft's XB division when in real life his actual job isn't corporate.

It's just confusing to see dude pop up in my timeline pushing this narrative that himself Greenberg and Phil Spencer are close. I'm not sure if it's sad or weird or a little bit of both.

They pay him in swag. ;)

Hoje0308

Banned
https://twitter.com/PNF4LYFE/status/620453054194806784

I cringe all the time at the things he says to Phil.
He once said he wants to shine Phils shoes... WTF?

For every PS4 fanboy that says "Greatness Awaits" unironically or posts a Bloodborne Metacritic score, an XBox fanboy is required to tell Phil he's a class act. Seriously, go through Phil's tweets and see how many times the word "class" appears in some form in the replies. It's fucking gross.

Hoje0308

Banned
His dream date:

mfRLwRW.jpg

Is this Tim, or are you just saying that he wishes he was in that guy's place?

With just bells and whistles on and nothing else.

Also this guy is like a real life Michael Scott with his mixing of idiomatic phrases. "With bells on" and "bells and whistles" are two different things.

You're talking about a guy that claims to be an industry insider on his Twitter bio.

Edit: Scratch that, he's now running with something much less pretentious.

I have come a long way. 100k tweets of pure fanboyism, console war, and sheer craziness. Will always love Xbox, but time to stop the war. Gaming needs Peace

OK

He actually used to be on GAF for a brief time, but he was banned for being a huge troll and a confrontational ass. He's been butthurt about it ever since, that's why he has a vendetta against GAF.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
For every PS4 fanboy that says "Greatness Awaits" unironically or posts a Bloodborne Metacritic score, an XBox fanboy is required to tell Phil he's a class act. Seriously, go through Phil's tweets and see how many times the word "class" appears in some form in the replies. It's fucking gross.

Phil is a pretty likeable guy though, you have to really be looking for things or have an axe to grind to not see that.

Is this Tim, or are you just saying that he wishes he was in that guy's place?

You're talking about a guy that claims to be an industry insider on his Twitter bio.

Edit: Scratch that, he's now running with something much less pretentious.

The fat guy is Tim, which is even sadder. Until I saw his E3 pics, I thought he was a zealous 16 year old based on his tweets.

Top Bottom