• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYPD officers pull a teenager into their van during drug a search, then rape her.

Ryzaki009

I mean why would any police officer on gaf expose his neck? It's a thankless job, at the end of the day each officer is responsible for his own actions since he will be judged regardless.

You could say that about every other job.

Well yeah but I wouldn't consider myself a good X if I stood by while crappy things were happening. I'd get my paper but I wouldn't try to pat myself on the back and pretend to be a good person when I'm not.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/29/nypd-detectives-accused-of-sex-crimes-stripped-of-badges-and-guns/

The two Brooklyn detectives accused of forcing an 18-year-old woman to perform sex acts on them have been placed on modified duty, as has their NYPD supervisor, according to law-enforcement sources Friday.

The Brooklyn South narcotics officers were identified as Richard Hall and Eddie Martins.

They have been placed on modified duty along with their supervisor, Sgt. John Espey, who was stripped of his gun and shield for alleged failure to supervise.

Mahonay

Banned
And some actually are puzzled by why any police officers posting on GAF don't reveal themselves to rest of GAF....
The police force as a whole do not deserve our respect. They value their own lives first. Citizens are just about subhuman to them. They can get fucked.

There are good cops out there, but there are also WAY too many bad ones, and the system as a whole is beyond corrupt and broken.

These angry responses are fully warranted. I'm not really concerned about their feelings.

Carry on, I said nothing.

All cops are bad.

Everyone just ignored I said these PoS should die in jail.. but anyways I should apply my rule of not engaging in these threads trying to have decent arguments and convos without getting dog pilled on.

Rran

I hate how, to even acknowledge there's a problem w/ certain departments of the boys in blue, that the subject immediately shifts to an "us versus them" mentality. This shit is disgusting, whether it was consensual or not (and forgive me for thinking it wasn't)... like, I don't understand how anyone could find this situation acceptable from any point of view.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So the NYPD admitted sex took place with on duty officers and during a search?

But state it's consensual?

So they should be removed for starters for not doing their job to begin with and using power against civilians. They even just fucking admitted it.

If these officers did not force her, if she was lying (I believe her, just to be clear), the age AND the power difference involved both would make the act nonconsensual.

Tovarisc

So the truth also offends them? Even more sensitive than I thought.

So EVERY cop EVERYWHERE is piece of garbage that deserves vileness and hatred towards their profession thrown out by so many on GAF? As hard it can be at times to accept, but not every single person within X is doing Y or Z.

They most likely already get a lot hatred, name calling etc. on daily basis by just doing their jobs so why they would ruin part of their hobby (GAF) by becoming targets for GAF's hate on police officers?

TL:DR; Not every single cop is garbage like ones in this article. Good ones actually should be thanked for doing good in peoples lives, not painted by same brush

Ominym

Banned
Okay, even if they believe these fucking scumbags (which they shouldn't) shouldn't having consensual sex with a suspect they have in custody lead to the officers immediate dismissal?
Absolutely. Obviously they’re lying, but did anyone think of the fucking optics here?!

Completely disgusting. The act, the lies, everything.

Slayven

So EVERY cop EVERYWHERE is piece of garbage that deserves vileness and hatred towards their profession thrown out by so many on GAF? As hard it can be at times to accept, but not every single person within X is doing Y or Z.

They most likely already get a lot hatred, name calling etc. on daily basis by just doing their jobs so why they would ruin part of their hobby (GAF) by becoming targets for GAF's hate on police officers?
Why don't they call out the bad apples that cause people to f3ar and distrust them?

Sunster

All cops are bad.

Everyone just ignored I said these PoS should die in jail.. but anyways I should apply my rule of not engaging in these threads trying to have decent arguments and convos without getting dog pilled on.

ok thank you for reminding us that cops, like almost every other working person doesn't get a thank you for doing their job. They just get parades and permanent "hero" status. And blue blood apparently.

#NotAllCops

fuck cops.

So the NYPD admitted sex took place with on duty officers and during a search?

But state it's consensual?

So they should be removed for starters for not doing their job to begin with and using power against civilians. They even just fucking admitted it.

Facing zero legal repercussions is disgusting. Hope they are fired but even that sounds 50/50.

TL:DR; Not every single cop is garbage like ones in this article. Good ones actually should be thanked for doing good in peoples lives, not painted by same brush

Not every cop is bad sure but the profession protects the bad ones with such vigor that it barely matters. The bad cops are the face of the entire profession and that's how it'll be.

Mahonay

Banned

And PoC get a lot of harassment, false arrests, beatings, and are even murdered by cops for just going on about their daily lives.

Maybe if the police force didn't have a nation wide system in place to oppress an entire people, others might be a little more understanding.

You never see the police union aggressively go after police crimes like this. They defend them instead. They have power over us and they abuse if fiercely. If you are a cop, expect people to be critical and wary of you, because every fucking citizen should be. Cops have freedom to do whatever they want to us with no punishment often times, as proven again and again.

krazen

You’re going to jail no way out of this one

Nah, its easy. Guaranteed since since its a lower income area she’s got pulled over by the cops before if nothing happened...so leak those stops and make em sound worse (blowing a stop sign=possibly driving under the influence).

If she’s got a misdemenor for like shoplifting, or maybe got into a few fights in high school even better. Then we get someone in her circle to testify against her...they know the two guys they pulled over with her so maybe pull one of em over and scare them (“This joint you’re smoking is a felony!l”). So now we’ve painted her as a bad person. Since they admit that they had sex its a he said/she said convo so now we go to a jury who will automatically give cops the benefit of the doubt so no jail time.

For them to keep their job? Hype up some good cop behavior even if they didnt do shit but happened to be on the scene, say the job causes them undue stress which the union will push basically making the police department at fault for their behavior=back to business after a few months of desk duty

BajiBoxer

Banned

All cops are bad.

No one ignored you saying those PoS should die in jail. You don't get a cookie for that while calling being an officer a thankless job. It's flat out not true. Officers rightly get shit on by a segment of the public for actively supporting murder, brutality, and racism as a collective. They openly defend this stuff.

Meanwhile, they get thanked and worshiped by a very large segment of the population. Never heard of Blue Lives Matter? Never seen many of the most powerful polititions in the U.S. defending the police? Haven't heard of them getting free shit from their local buisinesses? Haven't seen them get away with blatant murder and othwr criminal activity, even when documented in video and audio?

Claiming it's a "thankless job" is 100% bullshit. It's one of the most thanked, privliged, and revered jobs in the nation. Having an element of danger which is exasperated by their own organizations' actions and attitudes doesn't make the job "thankless".

Why don't they call out the bad apples that cause people to f3ar and distrust them?

If you called out someone at your job and not only lost your job but also lost your ability to work in that career field would you do it? Or would you swallow your pride, keep your head low, and continue to take the paycheck that lets you live a quality life?

Slayven

If you called out someone at your job and not only lost your job but also lost your ability to work in that career field would you do it? Or would you swallow your pride, keep your head low, and continue to take the paycheck that lets you live a quality life?

Is your quality life worth the murder, sexual assault, and abuse of others?

The job is to uphold justice, not uphold justice as long when it doesn't inconvenience you

And it doesn't bother you that such corruption not only accepted but excused because no one wants to make waves?

American police officers are starting to sound like they're doing more damage to the country than the mafia at this point.
At this point? Go back 20, 30 and 40 years ago when there were no cameras anywhere besides maybe a dashcam and it was open season on minorities . I triple dog dare you to do it as a black or hispanic person. AAs have been sounding the alarm bells for decades, but no one was paying attention because it only affected minorities. I can't imagine how many thousands of planted drugs, unreported rapes, straight up murders and more bad cops have gotten away with in the name of the law. In the end the police have surely been a net good for America, but depending on the time, place, race and gender it would be debatable that they've done more damage than regional Italian gangs.

Something needs to be done about the blue wall because it taints the reputation of all police (good or bad) when the bad cops go insane. I can't imagine the massive media and public outrage in Western European countries if the police caused as many incidents as the do in America.

Oh so now the goalposts have been moved so that good cops don't have to speak out because they need more thank you points from the public to level

BajiBoxer

Banned
Their powerful union blows that argument out of the water. It's their fellow officers that primarily support the violence, and their management that typically has to be most careful toeing the line.

krazen

The problem is that only reason those cops are able to do what they do because the system enables them and good cops don’t report...either because they aren’t good as they would want to believe or because of systemic oppression. Either way going out of our way to say there are good cops (when most people give them too much benefit of doubt) basically gives the system a cover.

Ryzaki009

Again understandable but I don't want to hear good cop shit then. That's not good that's being shitty to keep your position. Human of course but sure in hell not a good person or one deserving of respect.

Two Words

I mean why would any police officer on gaf expose his neck? It's a thankless job, at the end of the day each officer is responsible for his own actions since he will be judged regardless.

You could say that about every other job.
Of course. I’m currently working at a university. If I knew somebody on the campus raped somebody and the victim was being denied justice due to corruption, I would absolutely speak out about it no matter the potential consequences to my career. If I didn’t speak out, I would be appropriately labeled a coward.

Mahonay

Banned
I shouldn't be, but I am surprised by how many "but not all cops are bad, why are you guys being disrespectful?" responses you get in these threads.

These aren't isolated incidents. How many stories have we talked about here about police abusing power in the most abhorrent ways? Every god damn week it's something new. And EVERY SINGLE TIME the police union rallies around these scumbags.

"Oh, you RAPED an 18 year old? I guess that's desk duty for you!"

Absolutely zero justice. Tell me, in what other profession would you be able to get off from getting any jail time for things like rape and man slaughter?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Even if you think police get a bad rap, this thread is a bizarre place to explore that idea.

How about the victim in the OP, if you feel like empathizing with someone

Van Bur3n

No one ignored you saying those PoS should die in jail. You don't get a cookie for that while calling being an officer a thankless job. It's flat out not true. Officers rightly get shit on by a segment of the public for actively supporting murder, brutality, and racism as a collective. They openly defend this stuff.

Meanwhile, they get thanked and worshiped by a very large segment of the population. Never heard of Blue Lives Matter? Never seen many of the most powerful polititions in the U.S. defending the police? Haven't heard of them getting free shit from their local buisinesses? Haven't seen them get away with blatant murder and othwr criminal activity, even when documented in video and audio?

Claiming it's a "thankless job" is 100% bullshit. It's one of the most thanked, privliged, and revered jobs in the nation. Having an element of danger which is exasperated by their own organizations' actions and attitudes doesn't make the job "thankless".

Truth. People need to stop with the "thankless" BS talk.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I guess it depends on how morally and ethically bankrupt they are.

Maybe all these ‘good’ cops should start taking more of a stand together.

good cops aren't cowards... it just the moment you speak against this type of injustices either you get regulated to desk duties, fired, demoted and pretty much your law enforcement career is dead and they will make sure of it.

That's the definition of cowardice. You won't take a stand because "mah Career!" people being violated and murdered but hey...gotta get paid!

NimbusD

The NYPD of course claims that this sex, which happened under violent duress during an arrest, was somehow consensual

How is it ok for an officer to have 'consensual' sex with someone they're investigating for a crime.

Like even taking their nonsense bullshit argument at face value, this is the exact systematic problem with the police that needs to be fixed. It's a fucking no brainier that it should be a severely punishable rule that you can't have fucking sex with suspects. Just make it nice and easy that there's no question about it, at the very best its unethical and that's in a fantasy land where youd consider using power in that situation to get sex isn't just straight up rape.

But no, we can't place common fucking sense limits on police because then you're anti police or some shit. Fucking hell

Top Bottom