• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYPD officers pull a teenager into their van during drug a search, then rape her.

Ilive1up

i'm nypd, a liberal, hate trump, and want these guys thrown in jail.

i'm the minority on this job. it's not easy. especially when i get bunched in with these sick fucks.

i really get depressed when i see people say FUCK ALL COPS. that shit hurts me, honestly. i understand your anger, but it's literally panting a brush across all, and doesn't help.

i'm the minority on this job. it's not easy. especially when i get bunched in with these sick fucks.

i really get depressed when i see people say FUCK ALL COPS. that shit hurts me, honestly. i understand your anger, but it's literally panting a brush across all, and doesn't help.
Does the NYPD use quotas or not? You will hear fuck the police until the answer is no. I know it must hurt, but its your own blue brothers and the chain of command that are throwing y'all under the bus.

It must be soul destroying to know there are such bad apples within your ranks. :(

It hurts but you can take that to mean fuck the current institution. There are obviously good policeman who joined to protect people, but even put of those numbers few will actually stand up to the systemic injustice and when they do they are quickly reprimanded and painted as traitors by their fellow cops. It's hard to praise good cops when the blue wall exists

krazen

I get it but its hard and unfair to ask the public to give the benefit of the doubt when many of that same public has had bad run ins themselves, The PR problem lies at the foot of law enforcement.

The thing is that its not as if you have’t had community outreach, etc...on the part of civilians. Obviously not all cops are bad but when you’ve got a population that grew up on stop and frisk, had friends/family tangentially or closely impacted by bad policing and you’re confronted with police brutality cases in the news that go unpunished a negative opinion is to be expected.

At this point its NYPD’s fault they are hated.

neoanarch

Hey man you're whinging on how your feelings are hurt, in a thread about how two cops raped an 18 year old girl. I don't really care about your feelings in this thread. Do something about it or quit.

And the public continues to overestimate how many good police there are just as we underestimated how many racists live in the United States before #45 was elected.

Enzom21

You are aware that fuckallcops exists for a reason.
There is only a small minority that doesn't immediately jump to the defense of their fellow cop.
The phrase wasn't created in a vacuum.

MartyStu

Sorry man, but this thread is not a safe place for you right now.

People--including me--are really angry and a little unreasonable about this story.

Of course, there are good cops, but the institution is so rotten that it corrupts them in one way or another to the point where it is effectively inconsequential to many in the public whether they are 'good'.

All I can say is that if you are a cop the onus is on you to try and change public perception by doing things in your everyday job to make sure the public knows you actually give a shit about them. Instead most cops retreat to being insanely defensive any time they are confronted with the problems in their line of work.

Oh and yeah please stop whining about how cops are perceived in threads about police brutality.

Im sorry but if you know your not corrupt then shouldnt feel offended and i know you probably cant do anything but at least during in outcry like this you call them out or atleast dont try to say the whole not all of us we know its not all police but its a majority would you really feel better if we said fuck most cops?

Hero

Fuck these scumbags. Why is it that people in roles that should be held to a HIGHER standard than the average citizen are protected?

It must really suck having to work with a bunch of assholes. The rotten apples in your ranks have really ruined the reputation of cops. You good cops really need to make your voices heard and show that there are still good decent human beings in your ranks. I honestly don’t know how this can be done but it has to happen as soon as possible because I’m afraid we are getting to that point where it’s too late to reverse the damage they have done.

I wanna touch on this: Why do you think that is? And what do you think can or should be done to change that?

Every cops I know has the mentality of "I gotta do my job and get paid I ain't here to save the world." and I get it. But that don't make it right.

Keri

Hey man you're whinging on how your feelings are hurt, in a thread about how two cops raped an 18 year old girl. I don't really care about your feelings in this thread. Do something about it or quit.

Or stay on the job and just don't rape anyone? That's probably a lot more helpful, overall, then advocating that all good officers quit.

- J - D -

You gotta learn to take the lumps if you're okay with reaping the benefits and power that cops (that includes you) get in this country. Stop whining.

Not

Banned

Period. Stop whining and stand up to shitty people. You're not in a brotherhood. This is your job.

Ilive1up

i like my job. so, nah, i'm not going to quit because of some other co-worker being a piece of shit.

i know i do my job right and in reality, with the NYPD being as huge as it is, that's all i can do.

i know IAB will do a thorough job with these two, and hopefully there a just outcome.

i'll leave this thread now.

When the "good ones" do something about the trash around them y'all can have my sympathy/respect whatever. Until then you're complicit at best.

Genryu

Banned
Or stay on the job and just don't rape anyone? That's probably a lot more helpful, overall, then advocating that all good officers quit.

If they aren't actually standing up against any of the bad cops, then they aren't actually good cops. Them quitting is another bad cop leaving the force.

Lois_Lane

Dude. Its not about you and don't make it about you.Your organization is corrupt and abusive and unless they become good Fuck all cops will contunue to be appropriate.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

What have you done to change the system?

Not

Banned
I can't tell if it's the personality of people who want to be cops or the prevailing all-encompassing cop culture.

Chicken or egg?

diaspora

I didn't bait no one? Where did you get that?

All I said it's a thankless job and somehow it comes across I'm defending these pos. Cause believe me they are good cops out there.

being a pro bono defense attorney is a more thankless job that AFAIK involves less theft, rape, and murder than the NYPD

Keri

If they aren't actually standing up against any of the bad cops, then they aren't actually good cops. Them quitting is another bad cop leaving the force.

So the end goal is that ALL police officers left on the force are rapists? If you're not abusing your authority to rape or murder, then you are a good cop that I want on the force. If they can challenge bad cops without losing their jobs or getting sidelined to a desk job, do it. If you can't, then at least stay on and be one less officer that people have to worry will rape or murder them.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
i like my job. so, nah, i'm not going to quit because of some other co-worker being a piece of shit.

i know i do my job right and in reality, with the NYPD being as huge as it is, that's all i can do.

i know IAB will do a thorough job with these two, and hopefully there a just outcome.

Oh, so you just care about your poor widdle feelings, not injustice. Got it.

And you wonder why FUCK THE POLICE is a thing.

It’s a systemic problem. Until that is rooted out and corrected, this resentment will continue.

Edit: What does the bolded have to do with officers raping a teenager?

If you are complicit by inaction, you aren't a good cop. At best you're a coward. If your career is worth more to you than justice or your moral code, you're a fucking monster.

Not

Banned
I'm not cause they never have shit to say that aren't worthless excuses.

It's just "hey I'm not that"

And then when people are like "if you're not working to prevent widespread douchebaggery on the force, you're enabling it"

And then "whatever I'm out"

Great defense of cops right there

Aselith

And right there's why nothing you claim about being a good cop matters. No one speaks out because you all like your jobs.

These guys feel comfortable saying they had sex with a suspect as long as they don't admit their rape because everyone likes their job and no one wants to rock the boat.

The only way to get fired is to speak out. If you do, a reason will be found.

neoanarch

How in the world did you get that from what he said?
He came in to say he feels bad people think cops are bad. Then when confronted with a choice. Do something about it or quit. He chose neither and said he likes his job. Idk fuck him seems pretty appropriate. He seems kinda shitty.

Edit. Btw a coworker stealing your lunch from the fridge is a piece of shit, a literal rapist is not even a comparison. He likes working with rapists.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The police are supposed to be the force that holds society together.

There is a disease at the core of the society that has such people among its police.

Good luck to all who stand against this.

If your career is worth more to you than justice or your moral code, you're a fucking monster.

No, it means you have a family to feed and you don't want to risk their well being by doing something that could cost you your job.

I understand stuff like this is god-fucking-awful, but going totally black and white by saying those not sacrificing their jobs to cause a revolution are equivalent to Hell-spawn is a bit extreme.

Koyuga

If only there was enough good cops to bond together and press the higher ups about shit cops.
The problem is that it isn’t just a handful of shit cops, it’s the very system that they’re apart of that protects and even rewards officers for committing atrocities, rape, murder, abuse, theft, pretty much anything. As it is right now, the Police system can never be fixed by stripping out the bad apples. It needs to be dismantled completely, rebuilt, and actually regulated.
Let's try to hold police officers to the same standard as the rest of the population, shall we?
Fuck that. they’re supposed to be better than us, they’re supposed to protect us. We need to hold them to a higher standard because they have all the power.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm glad she is coming forward. For decades upon decades when this kind of shit happened people just shit their mouth and tried to move on with life because they were afraid and thought only bad things would happen if they spoke up.

I hope all the crooked cops are paying attention to cases like this and how quickly it can burn down their entire life if they abuse people.

Top Bottom