• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift DK2 Thread

Azulsky

Mine is PROCESSING

aMK0801.gif

Wray

Hey guys, can you please post your processing times on your original order if you are getting processing notifications tonight? Just curious to see how fast things are going time-slot wise.

Krejlooc

Banned
So the new hardware has a problem with smearing on true blacks. The current work around is to mask black with 1,1,1 so the pixels never turn off, but doing so gives the screen a green tint, I assume because there are more green subpixels in the AMOLED subpixel structure than red or blue subpixels. I wonder, then, if it would be possible to offset this by increasing the value of the red or blue subchannels. Either way, deep, dark blacks don't seem possible :(

GeoGonzo

Hey guys, can you please post your processing times on your original order if you are getting processing notifications tonight? Just curious to see how fast things are going time-slot wise.

There's a lot of info here, from the DK2 Tracker google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsakiLZiXDfLdEFhNXRzMU44VkNZNzlZVEI2NXFTY2c#gid=2

The last tab at the bottom has all the recent updates that people have been submitting.

Fuck yes, Runtime and Display Driver sound like great additions, especially with the display orientation issues everyone was getting worried about.

Indeed, that sounds fantastic! I'll post the full quote:

cybereality said:
The Oculus SDK 0.4.0 is now available for developers to download. This new release is a significant upgrade from the previous version and includes a number of new features.

The biggest new addition is the introduction of the Oculus Runtime, a separate download from the SDK that needs to be installed by end-users prior to using the device. The Oculus Runtime includes the Oculus Config Utility, a background service process and the necessary drivers for both the headset and camera. Some of the benefits of the new runtime include allowing multiple applications to interface with the Rift simultaneously, easier access for changing settings and a better user experience.

We are also introducing the Oculus Display Driver for the Windows platform, which streamlines access to the Oculus Rift screen. This new feature allows direct rendering to the Rift itself instead of treating the headset as a regular monitor. This optional approach reduces latency and avoids the complications of Windows monitor settings. The driver also supports a new SDK feature: the Oculus Rift screen can be mirrored to a window on an external monitor.

Finally, there are a number of added functions and changes to the API, which may be required when you upgrade your application or game to use the latest SDK. We would recommend all developers dive into the new 0.4.0 SDK as soon as possible, this will be the best way to get VR applications fully working on the Development Kit 2.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Shawsie64

Banned
Me too, though having ordered at ~2:30PM I am not holding my breath :(

2:40 for me.. Though people from Australia that ordered at 8:30-9:00am aren't seeing any action either so I'm hoping Australia just hasn't been processed yet. Though its looking more likely that we didn't get any from the first batch.

Soi-Fong

Reposting. lol

I guess I'm also in the first batch. (Unless the 1st batch already shipped?) Pleasantly surprised.
10:03 AM PDT order here on the 19th of March.

Status:pROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Edit: I didn't get an email since I paid with PP back in March.

senahorse

2:40 for me.. Though people from Australia that ordered at 8:30-9:00am aren't seeing any action either so I'm hoping Australia just hasn't been processed yet. Though its looking more likely that we didn't get any from the first batch.

Bugger, though we are conditioned for this happening here so no surprises.

It seems like all the orders getting ready or shipped are US orders, or have I missed somebody's post?

I'm in Ireland and I ordered at 10:34am PDT. Still stuck at "awaiting inventory". This sucks, I really hoped I could get mine soon

YuShtink

Yep, my order is now shipped as well. Just got the e-mail with the tracking number.

8:16am, Los Angeles

EDIT: Are any other US people who just got tracking numbers that can effectively track their package? UPS errors for me when I try to track with my number. Wonder if it's just not in their system yet.

Soi-Fong

It seems like all the orders getting ready or shipped are US orders, or have I missed somebody's post?

I'm in Ireland and I ordered at 10:34am PDT. Still stuck at "awaiting inventory". This sucks, I really hoped I could get mine soon

Australia is also seeming to be left out from the posts above. Work day isn't over yet in the West Coast. They might still be processing.

I'm surprised though. The US I'm guessing is getting a huge batch compared to the rest of the world.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I tried the DK2 a couple weeks ago. Decided I'd wait for the consumer version, but dang, I'm still gonna be jealous of everyone when videos and stuff start coming around soon.

Australia is also seeming to be left out from the posts above. Work day isn't over yet in the West Coast. They might still be processing.

I'm surprised though. The US I'm guessing is getting a huge batch compared to the rest of the world.

Probably but I hope they aren't prioritisng regions over order times

Woot! Had an 11:42 a.m. PDT order, and it just switched to processing. I'm in Ohio, USA.

Aw man come on, I was a whole hour earlier than that

Soi-Fong

Probably but I hope they aren't prioritisng regions over order times

Aw man come on, I was a whole hour earlier than that

I'm just looking at the orders going through right now. I'm seeing orders from past 12 PM PDT getting switched to processing. I was sure people who were past 11 AM would be in the second batch.

PGamer

fucking juniors
Got the shipping email! But when I checking the tracker I got:

"March 15, 2013, 10:21 am Delivered SINGAPORE"

wtf

Is anyone experiencing issues with the tracking?

mr2xxx

Banned
Holy Shit

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Pre-order is about to ship, and we've charged the remaining balance to the credit card on file.

It's happening, 10:56 AM order and shipping to SoCal. Totally unexpected but this is great!

Zeth

Mine is processing, and it shows I ordered on:

Mar 19, 2014 10:01 AM PDT
USA

Oh shit, getting closer. Page me when 10:29 rolls around. Tbh I wasn't(still not) expecting much, but seeing activity on the order in any way would be a pleasant surprise.

FAKE EDIT: Checked mail, got my "About to ship"/processing email. 10:29am shipping to Philadelphia.. Awesome.

RCSI

Got a tracking number (9:06AM, Southern California) and they will most likely ship the DK2 out tomorrow.

Hale-XF11

Just installed Runtime. It places a nice looking Oculus eye logo in the system tray. Clicking that brings up options such as Configuration Utility (with lots of stuff to do there such as setting up a user profile and trying a demo) and Rift Display Mode. Man, this is so perfect.

Enk

makes good threads.
Just received my tracking number for my 9:39 AM (US) order! Think I'm going to put in the Tuscanny demo first since that was the first thing I tried when I got the DK1 (assuming it's been updated to support DK2).

Evo X

Fuck Yeah! Just got my processing confirmation! Never been more excited to lose almost $400! LOL

Does this mean I made the first batch somehow?

Order time is :

Mar 19, 2014 12:53 PM PDT
USA

If I'm not mistaken, that's the latest time anyone here has ordered at this point and still received confirmation?

Soi-Fong

Fuck Yeah! Just got my processing confirmation! Never been more excited to lose almost $400! LOL

Does this mean I made the first batch somehow?

Order time is :

Mar 19, 2014 12:53 PM PDT
USA

If I'm not mistaken, that's the latest time anyone here has ordered at this point and still received confirmation?

That's what I mean.. lol That's the latest time I've seen so far in the USA. Either, we overestimated the amount of orders in the first few hours or the US is getting a significant batch.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Shipped! Sol cal ordered at 8:58am. I'm assuming I'll have it Monday. Unless it ships from oculus hq which I doubt.

Top Bottom