• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift DK2 Thread

Faith

Yep! Let's hope that it will be delivered before our extended national holiday weekend.....
Damn it, I forgot about that...I can't go to the post office on Wednesday & Thursday because I work early in the morning. I planned to go on Friday to get the package :(

So it's Monday 4th August I will be able to get it.

twdnewh_k

Just checked and it has changed from READY to Processing for me as well.

I wonder which courier is handling Middle-East deliveries.

12obin

Neo Member
Weird... Just got an email that I should change my payment information, because they haven't received my payment. I used PayPal and it has already been withdrawn from my bank account and according to PayPal it should be on their bank account since the 4th of April.

Emailed Oculus about it, so I hope it gets sorted out soon.

EDIT: I ordered on Mar 19, 2014 10:42 AM PDT. So maybe it was ready to be changed to processing. :(

mmitt

Palmer Luckey says he'll explain shortly.

and he just did

That line is from a pre-announcement hardware/software license that was only meant to be distributed to a few very close business partners. We accidentally copied it into the DK2 manual's terms and conditions in our rush to get the DK2 SDK and documentation out the door on time, woops! The line has been fixed, and we added a section to the Ownership paragraph to explicitly clarify the rights of developers

seems like all is well :)

can't wait for my DK2, really hope I get it sometime in august, ordered relatively late (4am the next day)

bee

was surprised to wake up this morning to a processing email, looking forward to next week now

YuShtink

Uh, awful language in the DK2 manual:

Palmer Luckey says he'll explain shortly.

Palmer just posted this on reddit:

In reference to this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2bnjad/noticed_this_from_the_license_agreement_in_the/[1]
That line is from a pre-announcement hardware/software license that was only meant to be distributed to a few very close business partners. We accidentally copied it into the DK2 manual's terms and conditions in our rush to get the DK2 SDK and documentation out the door on time, woops! The line has been fixed, and we added a section to the Ownership paragraph to explicitly clarify the rights of developers. We are putting up the corrected language right now, but I have copied the changes below:

USE OF THE PRODUCT; LICENSE; LIMITATIONS. You agree to use the headset for software development purposes only, and not for resale, for hire, or for other commercial purposes. Oculus grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to use the Firmware solely in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All rights not specifically granted herein are reserved by Oculus and, as applicable, Oculus’ licensors. This license confers no title or ownership in the Firmware and should not be construed as a sale of any rights therein. You agree not to: (a) sell, rent, lease, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Firmware without the express prior written consent of Oculus; (b) reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify source code from, or decompile source code from the Product in whole or in part, or (c) make any commercial use of the Product without the prior written consent of Oculus. Oculus shall have no obligation to provide any updates or upgrades to the Firmware, but in the event that it does, such updates, upgrades and any documentation shall be deemed part of the Firmware, and shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions

OWNERSHIP. As between you and Oculus, Oculus shall own all right, title, and interest in and to the Firmware and any and all modifications or copies thereof or improvements thereto. You will have only the limited license to use the Firmware in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. As between you and Oculus, you shall own all right, title, and interest in any content that you create using the Product.

Sorry for causing a ruckus and taking a while to clarify, I wanted to make sure we fixed the problem before saying anything. Actions speak louder than words.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2bo4uw/quick_manual_legalese_clarificationcorrection/

See? Total mistake. All fixed. Nothing to worry about.

Shoyz

I hope they're still going, someone in the US on the spreadsheet had their 2:30PM order processing and mine's less than an hour away

@Lach
We might be the very first in Switzerland to get a DK2 :D
I'll join in as well. :D

My order has been updated to processing. ^^

Order ID: HP-xxxxxxx
Date: Mar 19, 2014 11:18 AM PDT
Status:pROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Durante

Processing

Today is a good day.

We are also introducing the Oculus Display Driver for the Windows platform, which streamlines access to the Oculus Rift screen. This new feature allows direct rendering to the Rift itself instead of treating the headset as a regular monitor. This optional approach reduces latency and avoids the complications of Windows monitor settings. The driver also supports a new SDK feature: the Oculus Rift screen can be mirrored to a window on an external monitor.
I like this a lot. The previous approach was cumbersome.

Durante

Has this been posted?

7GrT3qb.png

creyas

Date: Mar 19, 2014 12:55 PM PDT
Status:processing:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

YESSSSSS

SighFight

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Pre-order is about to ship, and we've charged the remaining balance to the credit card on file.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
because I'm about to leave for a vacation rigth now ....

Germany 10:22 order time

Vuze

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
because I'm about to leave for a vacation rigth now ....

Germany 10:22 order time

If you want, I could take good care of it while you're on vacation =)

-

About that safety warning: will it pop up on every application like the Wii Remote warning back in the days lol?

SighFight

If you want, I could take good care of it while you're on vacation =)

-

About that safety warning: will it pop up on every application like the Wii Remote warning back in the days lol?

I just hope they deliver it to my neighbor so I can get started the day I get back. By then the internet is propably already full of impressions I have to ignore.

Durante

Probably. It's part of the SDK. Of course a developer could easily disable it, but I don't think anyone wants to open themselves up to lawsuits.

n0n44m

got the mail, 09:25 am Netherlands

now to sell the DK1

also I hope it's going to work with my DP -> DVI cable into their DVI -> HDMI adapter ...

SighFight

Pixel boundaries are definitely noticeable, probably still too much for mass market. I find them acceptable, but then again I'm an early adopter.

I expected screen door to still be there, but for me its not really a problem. If the content is good one will not focus on the black line inbetween the pixels.

Once I'm back from vacation this is gonna be great! Have fun the meantime!

Seanspeed

Banned
Pixel boundaries are definitely noticeable, probably still too much for mass market. I find them acceptable, but then again I'm an early adopter.
Still a massive improvement from DK1, though. Looks good.

Jumps in resolution are going to be more impactful so close up. I think 1440p is going to be plenty good enough for most people.

Donnie

Mines been processing since early yesterday, really hoped it would have gone to shipping by now :(

Ordered it on the 19th at 9:13 AM

I ordered on Mar 19, 2014 01:55 PM PDT

Just changed to Processing.

As a 3D artist, VR will allow me to actually enter the scenes I create and explore them in a whole new way. So excited.

Blizzard

Banned
Mine is predicted for delivery to the U.S. on Tuesday, on its way from Ontario now. :D I know there will still be screen door, but sankao it's nice to see it not so obvious in that screenshot this time around!

Assuming you had a DK1, how does the latency and positional tracking in DK2 compare? Does it make it a little better / a lot better?

Top Bottom