• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official C&C:Red Alert 3 Thread of D list actors doing FMV

Cheeto

Ugh SecureRom, do not want. I want the game, but I can't contribute to that horseshit DRM. ugh, what do I do

Jel0man

Mission names and locations. Spoilers, I guess. I get to fight in a city not so far from here:D!

Soviet:

1. Leningrad: The Shrike and the Thorn
2. Krasna-45: Circus of Treachery
3. Vladivostok: Taking Back the Ice Harbor
4. Geneva: March of the Red Army
5. Mykonos: The Science of War
6. Van Esling Airbase: No Traitors Tomorrow
7. Mt. Fuji: To Tame a Living God
8. Easter Island: The Stone-Faced Witnesses
9. New York: Blight on the Big Apple

Allies:

1. Brighton Beach: Ride of the Red Menance
2. Cannes: The Shark and the Lure
3. Heidelberg: The Famous Liberation
4. Gibraltar: Enemy of Our Enemy
5. North Sea: The Unfathomable Fortress
6. Mount Rushmore: A Monument to Madness
7. Tokyo Harbor: Forever Sets the Sun
8. Havana: The Great Bear Trap
9. Leningrad: The Moon Shall Never Have Them

Empire:

1. Vorkuta: The Death of Father Frost
2. Stalingrad: To Conquer Shattered Spirits
3. Odessa: Behold the Mighty Saint of Swords
4. Pearl Harbor: Graveyard of a Foolish Fleet
5. Pacific Ocean: Assault on the Black Tortoise
6. Santa Monica: Rage of the Black Tortoise
7. Yokohama: Barbarians at the Bay
8. Moscow: Crumble, Kremlin, Crumble
9. Amsterdam: The Last Red Blossom Trembled

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=453194&tstart=0

Minsc

Gold Member
I've never had a problem with SecureRom myself, the system is fooled easily enough by a disc image and I don't have to deal with that inserting a disc nonsense I hate. It's that activation BS that gets me... this is all for another thread though.

Looking forward to impressions. I probably won't see my copy 'til the end of the week, Amazon doesn't ship horribly fast w/ new releases.

mr stroke

Slavik81 said:
I really hope EA comes to their senses and starts using Steam. I'll probably be picking this and C&C3 up in a few months. I'd prefer not to have to keep track of any disks.

And there's no way in hell I'm using the EA download service.

never used EA's download service? what makes it suck?
I was thinking about using Direct2Drive so I can play this on the 28th and not have to wait. Anyone ever used D2D before?

epmode

With so many games coming out so soon, I'm bailing on this. Would have grabbed it without SecuROM. Or with a Steam release.

Cheeto

mr stroke said:
never used EA's download service? what makes it suck?
I was thinking about using Direct2Drive so I can play this on the 28th and not have to wait. Anyone ever used D2D before?
EA's download service is effectively a long term rental. I forget the specifics now, but you have to pay extra to be download again in the future, and even then it expires after 2 years.

mr stroke

Cheeto said:
EA's download service is effectively a long term rental. I forget the specifics now, but you have to pay extra to be download again in the future, and even then it expires after 2 years.

is that the same thing with D2D? or is D2D and EA the same thing?

Cheeto

mr stroke said:
is that the same thing with D2D? or is D2D and EA the same thing?
Eh, I don't know...Never used D2D but I've heard a lot of complaints...don't remember what the specific complaints though.

[Nintex] said:
CCRA3PE_bonusLG.jpg

That poster is hawt. I want it, badly.

Mrbob

I was going to wait but amazon has this right now for 39.99.

Why wait for a gogamer 29.90 sale w/ 5 dollar shipping when i can get it for 39.99 now and get shipping for free!

I love pc gaming!

Go get it now if you want to save 10 bucks at launch! :D

Unfortunately the premier version is still 64.99.

Mrbob

Fuck yeah, lets co op this game.

Anyone wants to play Red Alert 3 online with me my aim is:

mrbob2k1

Just shoot me a message.

Jel0man

Reviews:

1UP

A-

Of course, Red Alert 3 doesn't get everything right: Missions rotate among about a half-dozen "stock" types, and multiplayer maps -- while balanced -- are often rather bland. Worse, EA still has difficulties with connectivity to its online community, making this at least the third title they've produced with such problems. It's bordering on ludicrous that a company can make a game as good as Red Alert 3 and not make sure that people don't have to break their backs to play it online. We can only hope EA gets this crap worked out for the inevitable expansion, because if past performance is any indicator of future excellence, it's gonna be one hell of a game.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3170946

GameSpot

A few problems aside, Red Alert 3's cooperative campaign and cool new faction offer plenty of enjoyment for players who don't mind a little cheese with their meat. This isn't exactly the genre's next step forward, but it's a slick and entertaining evolution of a classic franchise that's hard to dislike. Rest assured, that quirky exterior masks a strong campaign and an equally substantial multiplayer component that will keep you and your dolphins busy well into 2009.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/redalert3/review.html

Chris R

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

As much as I want to play this I don't want to support EAs shitty DRM policy...

Any word if the European or Asian editions will be DRM free? I'd be willing to pay extra $$$ to import just to not have to deal with or support this BS.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Jenny McCarthy is NOT a D-list actress.

she's a grade A model, not an actress

Anyways, hottest C&C-cast ever, although I would've prefered Kari Wuhrer to return as Tanya.

kari_tanya.jpg

You will be missed.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
i wonder if I'll be able to pick this up tonight at target. 1up gave it A- and I've been wanting to get into PC RTS. :D

laserbeam

Banned
Dina said:
So this is out tonight, right?

I dunno it is getting confusing the latest video they released said the 30th. Ebgames and Walmarts websites says it shipped yesterday but no stores have them in stock and Ive heard word that ebgames site may have said now shipping for several days so might be broken.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Dina said:
So this is out tonight, right?
not for me apparently. :(
Best buy says its not out till tomorrow, Circuit city lists it as today but doesnt have it, Amazon wont ship to me until the 30th and Target only lists the 360 version online.

mr stroke

captive said:
not for me apparently. :(
Best buy says its not out till tomorrow, Circuit city lists it as today but doesnt have it, Amazon wont ship to me until the 30th and Target only lists the 360 version online.

:(
same here, I can't track it down anywhere, GS here in CA says not until tomorrow afternoon and who knows when Circuit City will get it? it says released on the 26th...
FYI-CC is selling it for 39.99$ if anyone lives close to one.

dork

Banned
wish the 360 version was out now :(

I will be getting a new pc for this and others though

best series ever :(

mr stroke

Darklord said:
I was going to say 8.0 was lower than I hoped but then saw Kevin VanOrd wrote it. He can't review for shit so I'll wait for some others.

I also just found out Australia isn't getting it until the 6th November. Why do we keep getting games a week later all of a sudden? Fuck.

You can get it downloaded through Direct2drive if you make a US account(AFAIK)if you don't want to wait. looks like they are releasing it tomorrow at 10am..

maskrider

Got the game, it is much more "colourful" than the previous ones (only finished 2 stages of Soviet so far). Better than the older ones IMHO. Well, I do miss the Tanya in RA2.

From the Gamespot review:

co-op play is unavailable on a local network)

I'd love to know their fucking justification for this. This was my plan for playing the game, and its certainly pulled the rug out from under me.

Jel0man

maskrider said:
Got the game, it is much more "colourful" than the previous ones (only finished 2 stages of Soviet so far). Better than the older ones IMHO. Well, I do miss the Tanya in RA2.

Lol I'm like so jealous right now:p. How well does it run on your pc/laptop and what are the specs?

maskrider

Jel0man said:
Lol I'm like so jealous right now:p. How well does it run on your pc/laptop and what are the specs?

Well, I upgraded my PC recently (a few months ago).

C2Q 6600 + 8800 GT + 4G RAM. Very smooth at highest settings and x2 AA at 1920x1200.

edit: BTW, I clicked the updates check and there is a 1.01 patch (downloaded and installed) that claims to improve on-line play, but I am not interested in on-line.

Cheeto

Mama Robotnik said:
From the Gamespot review:

I'd love to know their fucking justification for this. This was my plan for playing the game, and its certainly pulled the rug out from under me.
Probably some bullshit anti-piracy measure...this prevents people from using Virtual networks to play virtual lan games. Pretty sad that they don't realize how popular RTS games are at LAN parties.

Jel0man

Minimum System Requirements:

OS – Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)
Processor – XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)
Memory – XP: 512 MB / Vista: 1 GB
Hard Drive – Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
Video Card – XP: 64 MB / Vista: 128 MB
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-6 Players
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional – VoIP Headset

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=455385&tstart=0

So it appears even laptops with integrated cards will be able to run Red Alert 3 (mine has one and I was able to play Kane's Wrath just fine on low settings). So I expect this is going to work aswell.

bee

Mama Robotnik said:

most likely to force people onto their network where you need a valid cd key and to stop people playing it over hamachi or whatever

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This sounds too fun to pass up. Cue "wish it was on Steam." What's the best way to get it--just physical copy I assume? EA's DL service was pretty terrible for Crysis (bye bye Crysis, several reformats ago).

edit: got it via amazon prime for 40.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
maskrider said:

where did you get it from?

Top Bottom