• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official C&C:Red Alert 3 Thread of D list actors doing FMV

Big-E said:
WTF, that problem sounds absurd. It pisses me off how EA is partner with Valve for Valve games but they don't put anything on Steam.
They did it for Crysis Warhead and I'm pretty sure that did fucking awesome on Steam, seeing as it reigned supreme on bestsellers for a few weeks. You'd think EA would see some connection between the two...

I think EA is still clinging to the notion one day they can get their own direct download service up to snuff, so they hold off putting their catalog on steam. Hopefully though at this point its just a matter of time before they cave and go all out on steam.

Big-E

MaritalWheat said:
They did it for Crysis Warhead and I'm pretty sure that did fucking awesome on Steam, seeing as it reigned supreme on bestsellers for a few weeks. You'd think EA would see some connection between the two...
:lol I forgot about Crysis and I own them on Steam. I guess Crytek was able to pull some strings.

suaveric

using the information i found here

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=456104&start=0&tstart=0

the official EA policy seems to be either contact customer support with a picture of you fucked up cd key or just keep guessing that last digit until you find the right one. of course, after three guesses the game closes and you have to retype the entire key again.

it gets better, it looks like EA also messed up another thing. some of these valid keys aren't registered with the EA servers, so you can't go online even if you did guess the right digit or got lucky enough to get a complete number.

Uncle

[Nintex] said:
Holy shit, I'm addicted I'm 5 hours into the campaign and I think I'm about to wrap up the Soviet Campaign.

BIG SPOILER AHEAD
You only have a conscript and a bear to assasinate the Emperor of the Rising Sun in his fortress :lol

I hate that kind of missions.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Wow how retarded of them to fuck this all up. Seems lots of stuff isnt going right from different stores having it different days to the CD key issues.

I was able to find a CE at a best buy. Got it for 20 bucks too, I found a gift card in my car I had lost that had 50 bucks on it.:D

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
suaveric said:
wtf... i'm trying to install the game and i see that the game wants a 20 digit registration code but the one printed on my book only has 19 digits.

same problem. I am pissed.

EDIT- remembered my discrete math class and determined it was worth me trying to guess. I guessed right. I am now installing. :D

Minsc

Gold Member
captive said:
Wow how retarded of them to fuck this all up. Seems lots of stuff isnt going right from different stores having it different days to the CD key issues.

I was able to find a CE at a best buy. Got it for 20 bucks too, I found a gift card in my car I had lost that had 50 bucks on it.:D

Dare I ask for some impressions of the soundtrack? I'm considering switching my order if it isn't too late.

captive

Minsc said:
Dare I ask for some impressions of the soundtrack? I'm considering switching my order if it isn't too late.
theres 44 tracks, all ranging from 1 minute to 3.

I like hell march 3 so far. I tend to like more rock/heavy metal though. Will post more when I get through all of it.

captive

What. The. Fuck.

I installed the game, watched the opening video and before it puts me in the main menu i get put to desktop with a "this program has stopped responding" box in Vista.

laserbeam

Banned
captive said:
What. The. Fuck.

I installed the game, watched the opening video and before it puts me in the main menu i get put to desktop with a "this program has stopped responding" box in Vista.

I suspect there is an odd vista bug somewhere as im using vista as well and a few others on EAs forums are experianceing crash problems with cinematics etc on vista :/

captive

I just found the source of my problem.
From the Read Me:(64-bit versions of Windows Vista are not supported).

Fucking bullshit, got to be fucking kidding me.

laserbeam

Banned
captive said:

ugh. Im using Vista 64 managed to get 4 missions finished ok but yeah it seems to not like my vista anymore.

Someone is having the exact sanme crash as you on the RA3 support forums and they are using 32-bit vista so i think its something else for you

Guled

captive said:

wait, if I have 64-bit Vista I can't play this game. Thats total bullshit

captive said:

That can't be real. I played the beta with no problem (Vista x64)...

I haven't bought it yet though but... that makes no sense if it's true.

captive said:

It constantly suprises me how few games support 64-bit, when a relatively large chunk of their audience are likely to be tech junkies who want more than the 3.5 or whatever gigs of RAM 32-bit Vista uses. Glad my PC sucks! :D

captive

Revolutionary said:
That can't be real. I played the beta with no problem (Vista x64)...

I haven't bought it yet though but... that makes no sense if it's true.
I ran the beta on my 64 bit laptop too.
But i cant even get to the menu screen, I crash after the screen right after the intro video.

Guled

MaritalWheat said:
It constantly suprises me how few games support 64-bit, when a relatively large chunk of their audience are likely to be tech junkies who want more than the 3.5 or whatever gigs of RAM 32-bit Vista uses. Glad my PC sucks! :D
I haven't had a problem yet playing PC games on 64-bit, hell I had the RA3 beta and that worked fine. If it doesn't really work then they really dropped the ball hard

So we have no local network co-op (for NO FUCKING REASON), and no support for 64-bit Windows (for NO FUCKING REASON).

What do EA think they are playing at?

More importantly, does it say that 64-bit is not supported on the box? If not, surely the purchasers qualify for a full refund, for deceptive specs?

So many publishers are doing this at the moment, snatching disaster from the jaws of success. Bioshock's FOV problems, Half-Life 2's initial Steam problems, Spore's DRMShite. It cannot be that hard to release a damned game!

captive

It doesnt say its not supported on my CE, but it says vista(32).

Ugh I guess i'll make a VM of 32 bit vista and play it on that.

suaveric

I'm running the game on Vista 64. I'm about halfway through the soviet missions and I haven't had a problem yet; the game has been running like butter. Maybe this is some good karma making up for the fact that I had a 19 digit code.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
captive said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Mrbob

Awesome. This is why I don't buy collectors editions for extra maps...they are always available eventually.

[Nintex] said:
It seems to hit Europe on thursday, but I've seen 3 different boxarts for the PAL release so far:
5030946066650.jpg

CnC-RA3-win-cover.jpg

The allies cover is new to me...

The allies one is on the reverse of the normal boxart, so you can pick which one you want to have as your boxart

[Nintex]

Mrbob said:
Awesome. This is why I don't buy collectors editions for extra maps...they are always available eventually.
But you don't have the awesome steelbook case

I haven't experienced any problems with the game so far but I think that every C&C game had problems at launch. The original C&C had some kind of soundcard error and random crashes, the movies in RA1 often wouldn't load, Tiberian Sun ran like shit on every system and the netcode was horrible and RA2's balance was all fucked up when they lauched it.

otake

played for a bit last night. enjoying it, running smooth on my rig.

otake

Draft said:
It doesn't work with Vista 64?

What the fuck did EA do to this game?

I thought vista could run 32 bit apps. I know warhead ran 32 bit on vista 64....

maybe we can hope for a patch.

Draft

Vista, for some stupid reason, comes in 32 bit and 64 bit flavors. 64 bit Vista is a mess of broken drivers and incompatible software. But like someone else said, if ANYONE is rocking 64bit, it's gamers. So stupid.

captive

Draft said:
Vista, for some stupid reason, comes in 32 bit and 64 bit flavors. 64 bit Vista is a mess of broken drivers and incompatible software. But like someone else said, if ANYONE is rocking 64bit, it's gamers. So stupid.
Actually I have not had ANY problems with any drivers or games running Vista 64 bit on my laptop and my desktop. This is the first problem I have had.
My mom is also running Vista 64, no problems there either and she runs some rare specialty software.

The only problems I have had were with Nero and Symantec Antivirues, which were both old old installs. So I went and got the new ones and they worked fine.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
captive said:
Actually I have not had ANY problems with any drivers or games running Vista 64 bit on my laptop and my desktop. This is the first problem I have had.
My mom is also running Vista 64, no problems there either and she runs some rare specialty software.

Oh SHIT. This gets worse and worse. Guess I'll have to return it.

bee

you people don't half come up with some shit, as if it won't work with vista 64, the beta was flawless with it, all that line will mean is, they wont give you tech support or whatever in emails/phone

Draft said:

LOL

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bee said:
you people don't half come up with some shit, as if it won't work with vista 64, the beta was flawless with it, all that line will mean is, they wont give you tech support or whatever in emails/phone

LOL

Yes, but can anyone with the final confirm it works smoothly with 64? B/c we seem to have contradictory evidence here. Ah well, my fucking computer crashed yesterday so I have a nice reformat to deal with first and hopefully this gets sorted out by then.

otake

well back on the subject of the game:

this is my first RTS. I went through the tutorial and while its not difficult to play it gave me the impression that this was going to be a lot of work and I worried I would forget how do simple tasks when playing the campaign. Fortunately, once you start going everything just flows!

My point: game appears to be RTS noob friendly. :D

captive

AstroLad said:
Yes, but can anyone with the final confirm it works smoothly with 64? B/c we seem to have contradictory evidence here. Ah well, my fucking computer crashed yesterday so I have a nice reformat to deal with first and hopefully this gets sorted out by then.
Why do you need confirmation we have several people saying its either not running period or crashing later in the game.

Minsc

Gold Member
Draft said:

You know, going by the users on this forum, I've been lead to believe Vista 64-bit SP1 runs 99.9999% of all games 32-bit XP SP3 does.

Like every last one.

And that there are absolutely 0 driver problems since SP1. Something's funny. Either way, it will be Vista 64 or Windows 7 + XP for me next time around.

suaveric

AstroLad said:

As I said before, I haven't had a problem playing the game yet under Vista 64. I have yet to try multiplayer, but as I said before single player is running amazingly smooth for me.

If anything goes wrong I'll come back here and let everyone know.

Beaulieu

DarkJC said:
I can't believe the game doesn't have LAN support.

What ? You cant be serious...
We were planning on playing on lunch breaks at work...

EDIT : Ok it seems that its just coop Campaign that dont work in Lan. Thats better.

Top Bottom