• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official C&C:Red Alert 3 Thread of D list actors doing FMV

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Coming off 100%ing CoH & CoH:OF I'm really looking forward to the campaign modes in this as a nice contrast. I like that they went all out with the campiness but still apparently managed to put together a solid title. I do not like their approach to digital distribution, SecuROM, etc. but they'll get it one day.

Why is GAF not more pumped for this title (even for a PC game)? Am I missing any October Surprises/skeletons in the closet?

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
AstroLad said:
Coming off 100%ing CoH & CoH:OF I'm really looking forward to the campaign modes in this as a nice contrast. I like that they went all out with the campiness but still apparently managed to put together a solid title. I do not like their approach to digital distribution, SecuROM, etc. but they'll get it one day.

Why is GAF not more pumped for this title (even for a PC game)? Am I missing any October Surprises/skeletons in the closet?

im pumped....

Minsc

Gold Member
AstroLad said:

PC GAF is usually a small crowd. And there's been or about to be a lot of really high profile console releases. I think I'm the only one getting the Premier Edition, but screw it, I want that soundtrack, possibly more than the Blizzard one just announced depending on how good the Hell March remixes turn out and if there are any other bonus tracks.

As far as the game itself goes, there's other RTS's I'm much more pumped for, but RA3 is a nice filler and certainly one of a kind.

t4ng0

Don't use this laptop for gaming but:

Core 2 Duo @ 2.2Ghz
Nvidia 8600-256MB dedicated
2 gb ram

Can I expect this game to run smoothly on decent settings? Thanks/PC noob

laserbeam

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
When should this be in stores? Tomorrow?

Depends on the store. I think alot probably got them in tonight. Depending on management and how they view street dates. Seems street date is now 30th though some places put them out as fast as they came into store.

otake

i really hope I can buy this tomorrow. I wont have much time to play next week so its this week + week end or bust.

mr stroke

Minsc said:
PC GAF is usually a small crowd. And there's been or about to be a lot of really high profile console releases. .

+1
and has GAF ever been hyped about a PC RTS?(I just hope we can get enough GAFers to do a 6 player vs match)
and if this game would have came out during summer I am sure it would have gathered more hype..

Don't use this laptop for gaming but:

Core 2 Duo @ 2.2Ghz
Nvidia 8600-256MB dedicated
2 gb ram

Can I expect this game to run smoothly on decent settings? Thanks/PC noob

should be ok on low-mid settings AFAIK..

Druz

AstroLad said:

Coming off CoH i'm surprised you're pumped. Why should GAF be pumped about a C&C game? Single player campaign better be awesome.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Druz said:
Coming off CoH i'm surprised you're pumped. Why should GAF be pumped about a C&C game? Single player campaign better be awesome.

Because RA and RA2 were awesome and fun. And because Tim Curry, JK Simmons, and John Pryce form a trio of awesome

Man, I was so excited for this but after playing the beta I realized I probably won't ever play another static RTS for multiplayer again, barring a new Age of Empires game. SC2 I'll buy, but thats only because the single player excites me; this I feel kinda meh about the single player, so I think I'll chuf it out in the RTS world until Dawn of War 2 comes out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Druz said:

Change of pace as I alluded to above. I'm all for a bubble-gum RTS. Wasn't saying it's going to be "better" than CoH or anything. Obviously they're completely different games.

soxfanmcgee

Neo Member
Druz said:

I'm wondering this too. I'd be interested in hearing your comparisons to CoH when you all start playing.

Jel0man

IGN Video Review: http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/71838...rt-3/videos/cc3redalert_vidreview_102808.html

IGN Written Review: http://pc.ign.com/articles/924/924694p1.html

Red Alert 3 feels like a bubblegum version of real-time strategy. It's silly and campy, yes, and it's also fun. Keep in mind that it's just a familiar sort of fun, one that's almost unchanged over the decade the series has been around. While it'd be nice to see the series start pushing in new directions, we also know that there are fans out there who like to wrap themselves up in the RTS equivalent of comfort food.

Score: 8.2

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow the OST is horrible :( not buying the OST, probably gonna get the game on 360 though!!

Why is the OST horrible? Because it only has rock and shit, where the fuck is the awesome techno/electrical music from RA2?

Jel0man

It appears a fair number of stores in NL are already selling the game. Mediamarkt Arnhem and Foregames in Tilburg for instance. FRS should also have the game by now. I'll probably check the Mediamarkt in Zwolle in a couple of hours.

[Nintex]

I just picked up the Steelbook case during my lunchbreak and I'm now back at college waiting to go home and play :(

for all Dutchies out there: Free Record Shop Leiden has the Premier and normal edition, Game Mania only has the normal edition.

Proc

i think i'm gonna have to buy this shit out of this game today.

the cnc3 online community was pretty strong, i don't see this being any different.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
mr stroke said:
+1
and has GAF ever been hyped about a PC RTS?(I just hope we can get enough GAFers to do a 6 player vs match)
and if this game would have came out during summer I am sure it would have gathered more hype..
Im down, if i can ever get the game. Best buy lists it as out today but none of them have it. Amazon now says it wont even ship until the 31st. And target still thinks it doesnt exist.

I loved RA and RA2.

Cheeto

Proc said:
i think i'm gonna have to buy this shit out of this game today.

the cnc3 online community was pretty strong, i don't see this being any different.
I put a good 70 hours into C&C3 because of the online community. Despite the game's balance flaws it was still fun to play, watch replays, listen to commentary on replays, etc. EA did a good job with the replay system.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MMaRsu said:
Wow the OST is horrible :( not buying the OST, probably gonna get the game on 360 though!!

Why is the OST horrible? Because it only has rock and shit, where the fuck is the awesome techno/electrical music from RA2?

Is there a preview of the OST somewhere? Or are you saying you bittorrented the soundtrack?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm canceling my Amazon order. I would hate to be hit with a $30 restock fee should I have to return the game.

otake

AstroLad said:
I'm canceling my Amazon order. I would hate to be hit with a $30 restock fee should I have to return the game.

why would you have to return it?

Big-E

Anyone in Canada got this yet? The game is not listed on FS and BB's website at all. Don't want to have to go to an EB because they are out of the way.

Minsc

Gold Member
MMaRsu said:

:sad face:

otake

gamestop has it in jacksonville florida. I'll be playing tonight!

mr stroke

Cheeto said:
I put a good 70 hours into C&C3 because of the online community. .

I still play C&C3 online, quite a few people playing even after a year and half later. I hope community is as strong for this. Just picked it up from GS, can't wait to play tonight. Impressions incoming...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MMaRsu said:

=(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MaritalWheat said:
Man, I was so excited for this but after playing the beta I realized I probably won't ever play another static RTS for multiplayer again, barring a new Age of Empires game. SC2 I'll buy, but thats only because the single player excites me; this I feel kinda meh about the single player, so I think I'll chuf it out in the RTS world until Dawn of War 2 comes out.

What you you mean by static?

MMaRsu

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Is there a preview of the OST somewhere? Or are you saying you bittorrented the soundtrack?

If I want to buy an OST, which I would if the music was as good as in the second game, I would want to listen to it before I spend money on it.

Who cares, you've never downloaded an mp3 in your life?

v4b6ea.gif

^ too big btw.

HK-47 said:
What you you mean by static?
Woops, stuck in my own personal terminology. :D
To me, something like Company of Heroes is dynamic: everything from the natural unit animations to the back and forth gameplay which promotes careful unit management rather than que-fests provides a much more creative environment for a player.
Things like this, SC, Age, and so on I consider static: there's a very strict ruleset to what can occur, from the way units walk up to each other and go 'pew pew laser beam' to the way that victory is more dependant on knowing set strategies than creative on the fly thinking.
To each his own, but having played the first, now it'll take something special to return to the latter.

suaveric

wtf... i'm trying to install the game and i see that the game wants a 20 digit registration code but the one printed on my book only has 19 digits.

laserbeam

Banned
suaveric said:
wtf... i'm trying to install the game and i see that the game wants a 20 digit registration code but the one printed on my book only has 19 digits.

That seems to be a major issue im hearing it from numerous people. They screwed up cd keys. You can install it by randomly trying each letter of the alphabet etc. eventually youll find the right 20th digit.

had same problem :/

suaveric

laserbeam said:
That seems to be a major issue im hearing it from numerous people. They screwed up cd keys. You can install it by randomly trying each letter of the alphabet etc. eventually youll find the right 20th digit.

what a fuck up. i was thinking about going through all the letters, but I didn't want to screw someone else by guessing their last digit. Or would that not be a problem?

Big-E

WTF, that problem sounds absurd. It pisses me off how EA is partner with Valve for Valve games but they don't put anything on Steam.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
laserbeam said:

aww man :lol

Steam is your friend EA.

[Nintex]

Holy shit, I'm addicted I'm 5 hours into the campaign and I think I'm about to wrap up the Soviet Campaign.

BIG SPOILER AHEAD
You only have a conscript and a bear to assasinate the Emperor of the Rising Sun in his fortress :lol

Mrbob

suaveric said:

Fuccccccccccck. This is why I don't buy PC games besides steam anymore.

Minsc

Gold Member
laserbeam said:

:lol

It's one thing for legitimate customers to take extra measures to get around cd checks and copy protection, but to need to do so for a serial to a game you purchase is downright horrible. Wow, lucky for them the serial # is just missing the last digit and not some random one(s).

Very sloppy EA, I have to admit this surprises me.

Top Bottom