• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Greg

this CoD download is slow as shit

normally get 1.5-2 MB/s from PSN, but I've only downloaded 4 GB in 3 hours of rest mode

this CoD download is slow as shit

normally get 1.5-2 MB/s from PSN, but I've only downloaded 4 GB in 3 hours of rest mode

pause it then unpause it. i was getting slow as fuck speeds, i did that and started getting like 10+ mb/s

anyhow played some of it. meh, same ol call of duty and trying to emulate the superior titanfall in some ways. deleted!

gravestorm

Neo Member
I regret winning that last match. I let eznark win a match as lone druid.... while asking questions like, " I have to put items on the bear"?

q4kphuu.gif

eznark

Banned
Ez please tell me you saw what happened in the BB house tonight

The Austin thing? I'm no puritan, get some, son

Played some CoD this morning. Bow is fun! Game sure is Call of Duty, but I skipped the last one so I'm ready for that.

eznark

Banned
I regret winning that last match. I let eznark win a match as lone druid.... while asking questions like, " I have to put items on the bear"?

jba4kG5B8xuZrP.PNG

At least I ask questions! Ferny just stumbles around playing Dota for the first time in his life and never bothered to ask a single question!

Random question but is Bloodseeker's W ability (that ritual shit) considered a harassment tool? Or do you save it only for where you think a team fight might take place

eznark

Banned
349 for 500gb xb1 with master chief collection + ac unity + $50 xbox gift card.

Holy shit, the Broken Turd Pack In Bundle is maybe my favorite thing ever. Bravo, Microsoft.

PLEASE TAKE THIS SHIT OFF OF OUR HANDS WE CANNOT HANDLE THE SMELL

Somnia

Holy shit, the Broken Turd Pack In Bundle is maybe my favorite thing ever. Bravo, Microsoft.

PLEASE TAKE THIS SHIT OFF OF OUR HANDS WE CANNOT HANDLE THE SMELL

MCC actually works pretty great these days, but ya they are obviously transiting over to Gears of War being their main bundle.

BigAT

Random question but is Bloodseeker's W ability (that ritual shit) considered a harassment tool? Or do you save it only for where you think a team fight might take place

You can use it occasionally to get aggressive if you're mid (toss it on the ground then run in and gets some hits while your opponent tries to run away), but Bloodseeker doesn't really have the mana pool to support spamming it in any real way. If you're in lane with others, I would say you would have to coordinate with them first to do it effectively ("Hey, I'm about to toss this down. Get ready to go in on them when I do"). Basically the damage alone isn't worth it, but it can be good if you're going to follow it up aggressively.

In addition, if you hit the creep wave with it, which could easily happen given the AoE size, you're going to push the creep wave which is another negative.

eznark

Banned
MCC actually works pretty great these days, but ya they are obviously transiting over to Gears of War being their main bundle.

Drew on GB talked about it like two weeks ago and said it was still broken in a lot of ways.

You can't fool me, Bizarro Bob.

Smokey

yo Smokey, I'm looking to upgrade from a 6970 to something that can run most games on high settings @1440p @60fps (like Phantom Pain, Battlefront)

any suggestions for a decent budget card?

970 would be ideal. Pretty great card despite the 3.5GB VRAM thing.

It's $340 or so. I wouldn't get anything less than that tbh. The 970 was considered best bang for buck card. AMD is ded. Avoid.

Sanjuro

I haven't gone back to the MCC. One of the biggest disasters there ever will be in gaming.

Gears of War, if it's anything like that trash beta they released prior....oh, man.

970 would be ideal. Pretty great card despite the 3.5GB VRAM thing.

It's $340 or so. I wouldn't get anything less than that tbh. The 970 was considered best bang for buck card. AMD is ded. Avoid.

Found an EVGA one for $320 with a copy of Phantom Pain, which basically makes it $270 considering I'm getting the game anyways.

Pretty good deal, top of my list

Smokey

Found an EVGA one for $320 with a copy of Phantom Pain, which basically makes it $270 considering I'm getting the game anyways.

Pretty good deal, top of my list

Yep. Does that EVGA model have tye reference blower cooler? If so iirc the blowers on the 970s are trash.

Somnia

Drew on GB talked about it like two weeks ago and said it was still broken in a lot of ways.

You can't fool me, Bizarro Bob.

I haven't had problems with online in awhile, I'm not saying it's perfect, but as a solo queue guy I haven't had any real issues. The main issues still are party's I think.

Smokey

Gonna play with the real men next week and stop schooling the little boys on ps4?

We'll see after i play x1 beta. DS4 doesnt seem built for this CoD life. X1 controller is perfect for it and since im getting the Elite controller im leaning that way. Plus my RL CoD bros want to stick with X1 despite having both systems.

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s

2500K i5, 8GB of 1333 DDR3

Yeh you will most likely have to do a BIOS update. I had to when i had my 2600k and the OG Titan.

Dont brick your rig GLHF RIP in peace

We'll see after i play x1 beta. DS4 doesnt seem built for this CoD life. X1 controller is perfect for it and since im getting the Elite controller im leaning that way. Plus my RL CoD bros want to stick with X1 despite having both systems.

Yeh you will most likely have to do a BIOS update. I had to when i had my 2600k and the OG Titan.

Dont brick your rig GLHF RIP in peace

how did you brick your rig? Don't they basically deign the BIOS update systems to have multiple points of upgrade and auto-backup/fallback these days?

eznark

Banned
Yep, I actually said this day one, but I phrased it as "why Brady & the Patriots should fight this." The narrative from non-Patriots fans was drawn before Spygate that the Patriots are manipulators or cheaters. It goes back to 2001/2002, when the Patriots went from a bottom feeder to Super Bowl contender in one season using a quarterback that nobody outside of New ENgland (and most people in New England) had never heard of.

The complaints largely came from fans of legacy franchises, Dallas, San Francisco, and others, who charged that the league had unfairly hurt their great franchises through "parity" allowing shitty teams like New England to come along and be good.

The tuck rule fomented this impression into people's minds, and they decided that the league created a favorable rule for the Patriots in 2001 to allow them to move on in the playoffs when they should have lost, even though that same rule had caused them to lose a game earlier in the season in an identical circumstance. People determined that the Patriots were cheaters then. When the team failed the following year, the argument shifted to "see! Unless they get made-up calls they don't win," and then when the Patriots won back to back Super Bowls, it was more emphasis on cheating or the league favoring the Patriots to get there.

The cheating accusations, or that the league is broken (e.g., parity arguments which have always been insane to me), or that Brady is actually not a good quarter back, or whatever else, have always followed this team and it preceded Spygate. The narrative was made before Spygate, and Spygate certainly didn't help. Of course, Spygate came and went and that fed the argument by people who were already convinced that Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots were cheaters. When you actually read what Spygate was, you'd come off saying "That's it?" and then of course New England goes onto have the best regular season in NFL history.

Deflategate is the result of that conclusion that the Patriots or Brady are cheaters. It's an accusation that goes back 15 years that searches for justification of it. If Brady is found to not have anything to do with Deflategate and his suspension is dropped, it wouldn't change a damn thing in anybody's mind... Their minds have been made up for 15 years. What it could do, however, is help the Patriots put the best player on the field for the first 4 games of the season, which is pretty significant for the team.

The public perception battle, though, is obviously lost. It's been lost since 2001.

This guy needs to be back in the league. We can't let this kind of crazy roam free.

Smokey

how did you brick your rig? Don't they basically deign the BIOS update systems to have multiple points of upgrade and auto-backup/fallback these days?

I didnt brick mine. Im telling you GL.

Advanced mobos do but yours is older. Might wanna check ASUS website for your board. When BIOS is involved theres always a chance of fuckery.

Top Bottom