• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ArjanN

I think most who voted real would just go "wow, that's impressive." Those invested in it being CG sound as if they'd meltdown if the guy's real.

I'm pretty sure everyone voting CG are doing so ironically except for a handful of people.

Tan

I haven't voted because I haven't seen anything except the OP's pix and gif (which looks completely convincingly real). Video link is broken. And this thread is huge, don't have time to read it at work.

Can someone answer a few questions?

1. Why is this guy wearing bandages (real world explanation, not "because he's CG")?
2. Why is there suspicion that he's CG in the first place?
3. Is there a working video link?
4. Was the 1st moon landing faked?

Very interesting thread...if it turns out he's CG. Otherwise, give it another gen, I guess. :)

1. The guy in the Phantom Pain trailer was wearing bandages, it's just promotional nonsense
and he's CG.
2. OP's pics and gifs
which look CG
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iPSJlzbb60
4. It was as real as this is CG.

Varth

I haven't voted because I haven't seen anything except the OP's pix and gif (which looks completely convincingly real). Video link is broken. And this thread is huge, don't have time to read it at work.

1. Why is this guy wearing bandages (real world explanation, not "because he's CG")?

Very interesting thread...if it turns out he's CG. Otherwise, give it another gen, I guess. :)

1) Remember, you're talking about Kojima.
2) Examination of the video, last EDGE issue and last months' news coming from Konami.
3) You can look for it on GTTV.
4) I asked Sideshow Casaleggio. He told me "of course it was".

EDIT: beaten like #teamreal

Ifrit

1. Geoff asks him about the bandages and he just says that he was in an accident but that he will be fine by the time GDC comes
2. He never appears in the same shot with Geoff, the bandages are pretty suspicious too
3. Yes
4. Yes

I'm #TeamReal btw, but I want to be wrong

Today is judgement day...

zFuoLJE.png

I believe...till the end of time....

Beautiful...

#TeamCG, he just looks "off" to my untrained eyes

BTW, from the Edge website:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/hideo-kojima-outlines-the-ethos-behind-konamis-fox-engine/

Q: How does Fox Engine alter the way in which you work?
A: Fox Engine by itself can’t compete with engines that are being sold right now as a business. It makes our workflow as efficient as possible for our purposes. We’re focusing on things like lighting – like in the Ground Zeroes trailer, using lighting to cover for, say, a low polygon count, but still being able to achieve photorealism.

So, if that interview was CG made using Fox Engine, then why would Kojima say that it can't compete with engines being sold right now in business? For all intents and purposes, CG-quality such as that will be the BEST in any business.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/hideo-kojima-outlines-the-ethos-behind-konamis-fox-engine/

A: Fox Engine by itself can’t compete with engines that are being sold right now as a business. It makes our workflow as efficient as possible for our purposes. We’re focusing on things like lighting – like in the Ground Zeroes trailer, using lighting to cover for, say, a low polygon count, but still being able to achieve photorealism.

So, if that interview was CG made using Fox Engine, then why would Kojima say that it can't compete with engines being sold right now in business? For all intents and purposes, CG-quality such as that will be the BEST in any business.

It could be because they don't have a toolset that's commercially friendly. It streamlines what they do internally, but was not meant for end user friendliness the way a licensed engine would. That's my guess.

I'm pretty sure everyone voting CG are doing so ironically except for a handful of people.

I used to be like you, that's what I used to think about people crying over review scores for games they'd not even played. That was before I'd learned the truth.
But if you can, stick to believing everyone is being ironic, it's much better for your mental health.

javac

Once this is all over, you'll all be sorry. We didn't realise what implications this may have had at the time...but today it'll be clear. The world will not be the same ever again.

Dresden

japanese modestry bro

kojima san staying humble

I think most who voted real would just go "wow, that's impressive." Those invested in it being CG sound as if they'd meltdown if the guy's real.

I would say that TeamCG will explode with "I told you so's" of Maury proportions.

Actually GifGaf... Can someone make some Maury test results Gif for either scenario. They would be fantastic for this.

So the Ground Zeroes trailer footage is doable on PS3? Guess this confirms the idea being thrown around that the lighting effects helped to cover any obvious flaws.

1. The guy in the Phantom Pain trailer was wearing bandages, it's just promotional nonsense
and he's CG.
2. OP's pics and gifs
which look CG
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iPSJlzbb60
4. It was as real as this is CG.

Thanks! And to the other responders also. I have to say real - you can take any video and find "suspicious" shadows and such - but it would be awesome to be wrong. CG, as good as it's getting, is still always easy to spot. Even CG that's modeled after reality.

But, I can't say there's no doubt. If this ends up being that turning point...well, bring it on!

CpmPanda

Neo Member
It would be badass of Kojima brought out someone who looks just like him but with Blonde hair. Like a real person. That would rock so hard. Kojima should Fox Engine himself

Unlucky

When the video of "Joakim" was first shown I got caught up in the hype and thought it was CG (the funner option). Then I came down to earth a few days later, and realized no, it's really not. But I'm looking forward to Kojima's presentation, and I hope it is CG, because that would be awesome. Also, TeamCG has sometimes looked a little foolish so it would be nice to seem them vindicated.

Either way, I bet Kojima will surprise us with something. I want to know more about The Phantom Pain.

tass0

Banned
I'm scared. And excited!

But I'll end up disappointed when I hear no mention of Joakim being CG, and looking silly when he's on stage.

Top Bottom