• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
Got matched against two almost grandmasters last night. But it was okay, we had a Shimada main whose name was animeiscancerous and his good friend thiccharambe.

pizzacat

Banned
I climbed back to diamond before putting out the McCree on comp and playing with friends

Did it for the people who doubted that losing streak and I just stuck to 29somethung for the ez diamond in s4

With all this Anchora speculation for a spider bot hero. If they made it so it can climb walls and maybe even ceilings it would easily be my favorite hero.

Omg, I just played Widow for, like, the fifth time in my Overwatch career (I'm a terrible sniper) and managed to achieve a 37% scoped headshot card. I never have I been prouder.

Like, never in a million years did I imagine I could do decently as a sniper. My accuracy has always been awful. But I felt our team needed a Widow, so I ran with it; and boy am I glad I did.

What a game.

antitrop

The Arrivals board in the Numbani spawn was changed again:

https://pvplive.net/c/overwatch-numbanis-airport-arrivals-changed-efi

The flight from Moscow has been Cancelled.
The Delayed flight from Paris is now On Time.
The Delayed Tokyo flight has been changed to Hanamura and is now On Time.
London's 4:00 AM flight has been changed to Singapore.
Mexico City has been changed to Dorado.
The New York flight is no longer Delayed.
Cairo has been changed to Taipei
Los Angeles has changed to Sydney.
London's 6:30 AM Delayed flight has been removed and changed to an On Time flight from King's Row.

Is it weird that I'm annoyed that "King's Row," "Dorado," and "Hanamura" are international flight destinations? People could intuit what London, Mexico City, and Tokyo were referring to.

Nimby

Banned
The Arrivals board in the Numbani spawn was changed again:

https://pvplive.net/c/overwatch-numbanis-airport-arrivals-changed-efi

I missed ARG days.

Since Jeff just confirmed the new hero isn't this abomination: I'm thinking it's going to be an evolution of her:

UUaktTa.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
You ever activate Tac Visor only to have D.Va walk behind you and eat it all with D.M?

The first time it happened to me I couldn't help but laugh. The range on D.M is wide enough for it to work apparently.
DM extends forward quite a lot. A D.Va can actually stand on one side of a choke point and extend DM across the entire choke.

I played Mercy last night and thought it was actually ridiculously fun. Is she considered a good healer/character? I really felt like I made a huge difference for our team.
A lot of people look down on her, but I think she's a solid character. It's just that a very good Ana can make more of a difference to the team than a very good Mercy, so people automatically think Mercy is trash when she's not. I'm even starting to see Mercy show up again in pro games because some groups seem to like pulling out the Pharmercy combo on certain parts of some maps.

Oh god... Having a body dangling from a huge spider robot is really eerie. In that art with the laser supposedly coming from the human mouth as well... I'm not into that design. :I

Meanwhile I'm having fun playing Mei in quickplay oh boy. She's such a little devil. Throwing up walls to close off paths for the enemy team is also lovely.

finalflame

Oh god... Having a body dangling from a huge spider robot is really eerie. In that art with the laser supposedly coming from the human mouth as well... I'm not into that design. :I

Meanwhile I'm having fun playing Mei in quickplay oh boy. She's such a little devil. Throwing up walls to close off paths for the enemy team is also lovely.

She is Satan.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is it weird that I'm annoyed that "King's Row," "Dorado," and "Hanamura" are international flight destinations? People could intuit what London, Mexico City, and Tokyo were referring to.

Yes it is.

We need more overwatch spider jokes

Widowmaker isn't good enough for the memes

Blues1990

That was one of the original hero designs for Overwatch:

Quite a few things have changed since then though. For example, I'm pretty sure that's Widowmaker second from the bottom left.

Pharah and Soldier are also pretty different on there.

I honestly never seen this bit of concept art before. That drone for Symmetra looks pretty cool.

And I'm glad that they went with a leather mask for Roadhog, as having (literal) pig skin for a makeshift mask is pretty unsettling.

Blu(e)

I honestly never seen this bit of concept art before. That drone for Symmetra looks pretty cool.

And I'm glad that they went with a leather mask for Roadhog, as having (literal) pig skin for a makeshift mask is pretty unsettling.
As the main design it's probably for the best they went with the mask. They did end up bringing it back though.

Lose the hat and ears and it's pretty close.

Veelk

Banned
As the main design it's probably for the best they went with the mask. They did end up bringing it back though.

Lose the hat and ears and it's pretty close.

And I think it looks creepy as fuck.

Roadhog is the scariest hero in the game. It's a combination of his looks, his animalistic, piggish laugh whenever he's ulting and his kit with how he grabs you and literally pulls you to your death. He wouldn't be out of place as a horror movie monster.

Jellie

mentions directly to their subreddit the hero in center of screen (spider tank from early art), "it's not the hero you think it is."

At least it was referred to as a hero I guess. Wonder if it means its not this
UUaktTa.jpg

or not invented by the 11 year old girl.

snack

And I think it looks creepy as fuck.

Roadhog is the scariest hero in the game. It's a combination of his looks, his animalistic, piggish laugh whenever he's ulting and his kit with how he grabs you and literally pulls you to your death. He wouldn't be out of place as a horror movie monster.
Whoever made the hero design for Roadhog was probably a fan of Saw. That pig mask from the movie... goddamn.

Gee some of you want Genji to deflect more?
It's annoying enough how that move basically halts an encounter for most of the cast until he's done flailing while you hope the teammates further back aren't firing into the fray lest you end up eating their bullets.

Anne

I like how there is a literal GiTS-like quadraped looking tank in that concept art, and people are focusing on that monstrosity.

I like how there is a literal GiTS-like quadraped looking tank in that concept art, and people are focusing on that monstrosity.

Yeah, I would like never play her if she looked like that lol

I also like how everyone is saying that the spider tank is debunked when he just said it isn't 'who we think it is'

Gorillaz

the spider tank thing will probably be used eventually. I still think they have a bunch of stuff from the Titan days laying around that they are trying to remix and rework. Spider Tank honestly sounds cool.

Personally I thought they would make Doomfist the next tank. Or I guess tank whenever they add him.

Anne

Also I'm assuming the alt-hair style, laser shooting, barrier projecting tank lady got reworked into Zarya at some point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom