• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Sounds fake but okay

The only reason I say that is because the little hazmat looking person from early concept art eventually made it into the game. That's what we now know as Ana. When I see something that has similar concepts, I'm just going to assume it got changed visually. There are a couple stories of that happening with this game.

Jellie

I like how there is a literal GiTS-like quadraped looking tank in that concept art, and people are focusing on that monstrosity.

The tank on the right of the concept art?
Isn't it just the tanks in eichenwalde?
overwatch_eichenwalde-21-600x366.jpg

Couldn't find a good picture but look at it ingame.
I like that Winston stole that one characters telsa cannon.
The thief.

Think I read somewhere that its junkrat who had the tesla cannon originally in the concept art.

Anne

Could be, Idk. Maybe they used that concept for things like that, maybe it's another Bastion situation, who knows? IT fun to speculate.

The only reason the spider tank thing is spreading is because of an old 4chan leak and Jeff hinting at it not being Doomfist.

Edit: Also the Sombra hints seem like pretty solid evidence too.

The only reason I say that is because the little hazmat looking person from early concept art eventually made it into the game. That's what we now know as Ana. When I see something that has similar concepts, I'm just going to assume it got changed visually. There are a couple stories of that happening with this game.
It was a meme, sorry 😩

I know people posted Jeff debunking theories about Hero 24 but he also mentioned on how Overwatch has a very diverse cast. He mentioned it wasn't their intention in a tickbox fashion, but to show that "normal is normal" etc. He also touched upon how they have no real political intentions with the game, but saw that D.va has become an icon for a feminist/equal rights group in South Korea and said that when he was researching them, the last line of their manifesto says they protest and fight in D.va's name and with her icon today, so someone like D.va/Hana Song can exist in Korea in 2060.

Thought that was pretty cool :)

Jellie

Could be, Idk. Maybe they used that concept for things like that, maybe it's another Bastion situation, who knows? IT fun to speculate.

The only reason the spider tank thing is spreading is because of an old 4chan leak and Jeff hinting at it not being Doomfist.

Edit: Also the Sombra hints seem like pretty solid evidence too.

Got a better image of it.
k6x2Vgf.jpg

6NmPPdG.jpg

It's kinda similar.
It looks like a shitty version of it.

Is that art new or from somewhere?

I'm sceptical of that leak only because Jeff did say before that that Mei would be getting a new skin soon, and it's not exactly difficult to assume that Mei would get a qipao for LNY.

Anne

Basically the quadraped tank thing was on that leak, then people found this image which is Numbani flag > quadraped tank blueprint > doomfist, then they went wild. The hysteria had people branching out to old concept art which is how we got here.

Gorillaz

I want a tank that can at least take some of the burden off of rein. Im getting tired of him being such an instalock right now. I like playing as rein too.

antitrop

Had a decent Widowmaker game today, for only having played 30 minutes or so of her since launch. I'm a body-shotting Widow, but I still had 77% accuracy, a 10 kill streak, and a Lifesaver highlight where I killed a nanoboosted Rein in mid-pin and then a High-Nooning McCree.

Though really, wouldn't the shield becoming less useful just mean more dive because that shit don't matter?

I'm thinking offensive bastion is going to be better than defensive tbh. The defense doesn't generally have a lot of room to give, and that forces them to relinquish what they do have. And you can't really run dive vs offensive teams too easily, it has a bit too much risk to it. That is where I'm coming from when I say that I think you are still going to have to play rein, it's just going to be more painful for him.

Anne

If they make an alternative to reinhardt, what's gonna stop teams running both?

Depends on if you give up enough to have two big shields. Like, even if hero limit was disabled I wouldn't run two Reins because it's so limited. Just depends on the entire kit of a new Rein-like tank.

That or having better shield busting mechanics in the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly, looking at the way rascal played sombra, a stealth/harrassment tank (instead of a straight up harassment tank like dva/winston) to complement that type of playstyle would be pretty cool and add another dimension to team composition.

Depends on if you give up enough to have two big shields. Like, even if hero limit was disabled I wouldn't run two Reins because it's so limited. Just depends on the entire kit of a new Rein-like tank.

I feel like with more people perfecting sombra use or with a few more balance tweak she could be the alt shield buster.

If they make an alternative to reinhardt, what's gonna stop teams running both?

Ideally the alternative would have bad synergy with Rein. Having the tank give no real damage, but strong defenses would probably discourage rein use in the comp/provide better synergy with other tanks. If you have like no damage on one tank, you have to have it on the other, or you are not going to kill anything. Trip tank worked because the tanks were sturdy, but also dealt decent damage on their own. Eliminating the damage in addition to the recent ana nerfs should help to prevent these issues in the future.

pizzacat

Banned
That was one of the original hero designs for Overwatch:

Quite a few things have changed since then though. For example, I'm pretty sure that's Widowmaker second from the bottom left.

Pharah and Soldier are also pretty different on there.
Guy to the far right has winstons gun bit winstons right there, next to a turret thing?

Hmm what was winston gonna be

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though it'd be kind of weird if they add another PoC into Talon considering that they're pretty much considered the villains?

Anne

I feel like with more people perfecting sombra use or with a few more balance tweak she could be the alt shield buster.

I agree.

Did it not cross anyone's mind that she might be affiliated with Talon, and not Overwatch?

In Sombra's short, when she gets hacked by somebody else it displays that eye symbol. The young girl is obviously very tech savvy which is why people are thinking along with the idea.

Jellie

Ideally the alternative would have bad synergy with Rein. Having the tank give no real damage, but strong defenses would probably discourage rein use in the comp/provide better synergy with other tanks. If you have like no damage on one tank, you have to have it on the other, or you are not going to kill anything. Trip tank worked because the tanks were sturdy, but also dealt decent damage on their own. Eliminating the damage in addition to the recent ana nerfs should help to prevent these issues in the future.

Yeah I mean if the new tank was hypothetically able to reduce or remove damage like reinhardt and therefore deny ult charge. They could take it in turns tanking and doing damage.

It did to Your Overwatch, anyway.

M2209S0.png
So click bait.

Give her an E

idk what because I think a purge status effects would just be like... meh cus if it was on a low cooldown it would completely negate the entire point of sleep, antiheal, poison etc. They would just become pointless in that world.
So clicknbait.
But the ad revenue...

KanameYuuki

Can't believe I just got the 3 teleporters on one game that one is pure luck and having everything line up on your favor, now I don't have any excuse to not 100% the game, everything else is skill related.

I decided to lower my sensitivity and it I am doing so much better, I can actually annoy people with Tracer now, I don't have any idea why did I set it so high before.

My favorite ideas for mechanics for a new tank (kind of assuming wall climbing, repositioning heavy spider tank here):

Has a sphere of influence. Teammates inside that sphere can travel with the tank as it repositions.

Can pull teammates to their current position.

Can lay webbing in an area that catches and slows any opponents who use movement abilities or move faster than their current base speed. A hard counter for Lucio, and something to catch Tracer/Genji more reliably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom