• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a Zen meta going?

Buff that discord, Blizz!
HITSCAN HITSCAN HITSCAN

Wooo weeee

Also, since I was banned during my placement matches lol Diamond tier is basura when solo queuing. Like, holly hell.

I lost 7 of my 10 placements and still got placed in Diamond. No one would switch from their instalock Widow and Hanzo.

ricelord

Just a reiteration, as I've said it before, Pharah's rockets should do 160 on direct hit, 10 or so on splash, but have twice the impulse.

Also we should be able to ski to gain speed, with projectile inheritance.

And while I'm at it, symmetrical maps for CTF, and a working VGS system.

And, y'know, exploding frisbees really are just strictly better than rockets.

lol you crazy bruh

Said it since last year, if Pharah ever got a buff we'd be in trouble because on console she's just not fun to play against. Looks like she didn't even need a direct one to turn into a pain in the ass on console. She just needs to hit you dead on once for you to be in big trouble while you (assuming you're DPS like Soldier/McCree) need her to be exposed for a few seconds which is a problem at this point since most people who main her in the higher ranks know every trick in the book to blast off walls and boost erratically.

She's like 50% of the main reason I got tired of trying to climb in Comp on Soldier because I knew I'd be her main adversary. Yeah if you play a dumb Pharah who is hovering about 10 feet off from the team fight she's an easy melt but when you play those Pharahs who hang so far back/above/to the side of the fight and just cross you with rockets out of range it's so frustrating. At a certain range you can't really do shit to her in time besides scare her off temporarily unless you can lead with the helix rockers well (I can admit I'm spotty when it comes to airborne targets). Console aiming is just too much of a bitch while she gets to be a flying junkrat.

Blues1990

Sorry if it's been asked, but anyone think there's a chance in hell of OVERWATCH coming to Switch? I know the game is optimized for some lower end PCs, curious if the switch is powerful enough to run it at 60fps? And even if it CAN, do we think Blizzard will bring it to the system? I'm guessing not, but I'd love for it to happen. Thoughts?

"It's a me, Lucio!"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got the healing card as Mei

RNqOtNk.gif

it was mystery heroes, but still

Owzers

I'm working on getting better as pharah and then eventually Sombra, it's tough being a Mercy, Torb, and Rein main, I need to round out my main categories.

Pharah is great because I can shoot the ground and still do damage, I'm really good at not shooting people with all my mccree practice.

I'm working on getting better as pharah and then eventually Sombra, it's tough being a Mercy, Torb, and Rein main, I need to round out my main categories.

Pharah is great because I can shoot the ground and still do damage, I'm really good at not shooting people with all my mccree practice.

Or ulting from so far away that the enemy soldier can't even damage you.

You have all the bases covered to become a pro-Pharah.

Shahadan

There is something really satisfying in sneaking past overconfident enemies at the last seconds and pushing the payload to the goal alone while they're busy elsewhere.
They don't even realize they've lost until it's too late!

KillGore

Started playing with Winston in quickplay. Man, he is so fun to use. Wish he would get a slight buff though. Maybe reduce his shield's cooldown to 10 seconds.

Would love to main him. He makes widowmakers and genjis run away crying. So good.

Yeah, when he clicks Winston is super fun.

I finally managed to play him with a coordinated team in QP yesterday and it was so good. I had gold elims, and I got a card for jump pack kills (10).

Really glad I got his LNY skin :p

KillGore

I just love jumping in the middle of the battle, disrupt the enemy team and jump the hell out of there. As someone who plays almost always with a hero who stay on the ground (like symmetra), it feels refreshing having some verticality without the need of stairs or platforms. Jumping from rooftop to rooftop is great.

Managed to kill a pharah while she was flying lol that was fun.

Still need to learn his ult better though. Sometimes it feels clunky to use, though I managed to get a reinhardt in a corner inside a room with my ult. He couldn't get away so I killed him.

Anne

I am beyond hype for APEX tomorrow. Potential to be one of the craziest sets since Overwatch tournaments became a thing. I'm really wanting LH to at least get those two games they need ;~;

EnVy vs Meta Athen is cool too I guess >_>

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually real interested in the envyus vs meta matchup. Despite their results envyus still looks a little shakey and meta athena has been playing real well. Hoon is like one of the hypest zaryas I've seen in awhile, so it'd be interesting to see how he does against envy.

Anne

Where do you guys watch these tournaments? Twitch?

Yup. Somebody will usually post when one is up. Right now OGN APEX (The Korean league) is in season, and that comes up really early morning in America and still pretty early for EU. There is an NA series going on right now called Carbon on weekday nights, and it has some pretty good teams. This weekend also has the NA monthly melee with a bunch of good teams in it.

I'm actually real interested in the envyus vs meta matchup. Despite their results envyus still looks a little shakey and meta athena has been playing real well. Hoon is like one of the hypest zaryas I've seen in awhile, so it'd be interesting to see how he does against envy.

Yeah, I'm hella interested in that too. It's one of the most anticipated matchups for sure, and it's a very important one for seeding stuff.

AngryMoth

I am beyond hype for APEX tomorrow. Potential to be one of the craziest sets since Overwatch tournaments became a thing. I'm really wanting LH to at least get those two games they need ;~;

EnVy vs Meta Athen is cool too I guess >_>
Unless I'm mistaken think LH only need to take 1 map off misfits to go through since if they are equal on map differential with LW Blue they would go through thanks to winning the head to head (?)

Looking at the group now seems like Misfits need to 3-0 them to go through which makes things awkward, don't know who to root for

Anne

Unless I'm mistaken think LH only need to take 1 map off misfits to go through since if they are equal on map differential with LW Blue they would go through thanks to winning the head to head (?)

Looking at the group now seems like Misfits need to 3-0 them to go through which makes things awkward, don't know who to root for

If they lose 1-3, all 3 teams will be 7-4, and the head to head records will just form a triangle of:

Misfits beat LH
LH beat LWB
LWB beat Misfits

So they'll need tie breaker games if that happens. If Misfits win 3-0 it's them + LWB in playoffs. If Misfits win even 3-2, they won't go to plays offs since they will be 7-5 for the season while LWB is 7-4. And of course if LH wins that's the end for Misfits too.

Edit: btw, in group C it's a lot easier. IF C9 beats KDU they go to play offs, if they lose it's AFB taking their spot. Group D just comes down to who wins between Runaway and Fnatic. Gonna predict C9 is finished, and I think Runaway has the edge over Fnatic. Sucks to bet against NA cause home region, but neither team has really looked strong this season.

TheContact

I play on PC and I hit masters solo queueing and it feels good. (Pc gamer here) Every season I do better and better. My goal was only diamond which I got psyched to hit then I got up to 3300 or so and went on a huge losing streak and dropped back down to 2800, then slowly just kept winning most of my games and broke 3500. I have enough coins for my third golden weapon. I have Zarya and Mercy so far. I'm thinking bastion for my third.

AngryMoth

If they lose 1-3, all 3 teams will be 7-4, and the head to head records will just form a triangle of:

Misfits beat LH
LH beat LWB
LWB beat Misfits

So they'll need tie breaker games if that happens. If Misfits win 3-0 it's them + LWB in playoffs. If Misfits win even 3-2, they won't go to plays offs since they will be 7-5 for the season while LWB is 7-4. And of course if LH wins that's the end for Misfits too.
Ah I get it thanks for the explanation. Guess I'm hoping for a 3-1 then!

AngryMoth

I really don't understand how anyone can like quick play.
I've actually being enjoying it recently cos it's a chance to let loose with heroes that I find fun but am not good enough with to play in comp. Key is just don't take it very seriously and pick people with self healing if you don't have supports

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't even care about SR that much anymore (my highest to lowest is like 1000SR apart) but I do want good matches.

It's so rare to find that in QP.

Blues1990

I've been having a ball playing Tracer & Mercy as of late. I think I'll consider practicing with Tracer for Season 4, as she seems solid to disrupt the enemy team for KOTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom