• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

The guy who I was watching who solved it 7 times in a row (and came up with the 10-steps method) beat it three times in a row while humming the EDM song "Sandstorm" in the mic. He theorized this, but finished it without doing so later.

I was watching him as well on playthroughs 9 and 10. He's what got me to notice that he was making sounds/singing while getting all of the giggles.

Trixxstrr

Does anyone have any sort of step by step thing that they've tried? I'm so confused.
For me it was, (never moved while noises playing)
1. Zoom on clock. Wife was talking into mic. Heard ghost sounds, then chimes, then first baby laugh.
2. Went to bathroom, zoom on fetus. Noises started. Wife talked into mic. Heard second giggle.
3. Stared at works at stairway during next sounds. Nothing happened for this one.
4. Zoomed radio. Sounds started, then vibrate I think, wife talking still into mic.
5. Third giggle, phone rang. Waited for all ghost sounds to stop before running to phone.
6. Zoom on phone for only a few seconds while it was ringing and Chosen triggered.

I turned it completely on, then said "playstation" to make sure the mic was working. It should trigger the PS4 voice commands.

That's what I'd like to know :( I've been talking no sense like an idiot for like 20 minutes and I won't hear the giggles.

I'm using this mic:

157635i7F7F1F4874EAC430

About to try the "Playstation" command to make sure it's working.

That's the same mic I'm using. -.- I get the 10 steps giggle but that's all.

XaosWolf

Good work P.T GAF.

Now for Round 2. Either completion without mic, or why this is the solution.

Mic may have to to with the "Sussurrei seu nome" clue.

I'm guessing the numbers are used somewhere too,(204863) along with the lines we find.
The final one must be regarding the phone.

LProtag

I beat it! I got restreamed on a twitch channel I watch often so I had about 100ish viewers.

I almost beat it in an hour when I zoomed on the phone and the controller was shaking, but I stopped zooming early and it didn't ring. I spent another hour trying to get it to work again.

I got the second laugh just by standing around the phone and not doing much. I think the audio was silent at the time. I don't remember if I said anything in particular on my mic at the time.

Also I was talking a lot, and yelling, and going "HELLO!" at the phone. Nothing happened.

I may have talked near the phone while everything was silent, but I think I did that before and nothing happened.

LakeEarth

About to try the "Playstation" command to make sure it's working.

That's the same mic I'm using. -.- I get the 10 steps giggle but that's all.

Yeah I used the cheap PS4 headset. Just say "playstation" during the game and an icon should pop up telling you that it's activated.

It took about 3-4 "scary music" loops before I got the second giggle fyi. Get the 10 step giggle, then just wait around by the phone for 5 minutes or so. Some people seem to be getting it way sooner, others not at all but I'm hoping it'll happen for them soon. Whether or not you have to be making noise while playing has not been figured out yet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Good work P.T GAF.

I'm guessing the numbers are key too, along with the lines we find.

I'm more confused about the walk 10 steps thing. Really weird.

SappYoda

Good work P.T GAF.

I'm guessing the numbers are key too, along with the lines we find.
That was I was telling. Also didnt the radio news said that the husband started chanting the numbers like a spell?

Maybe we can try that too.

Typomancer

Neo Member
For me, I found that it will attack if you start moving during non-silent parts. I even had it kill me shortly after it attacked me on the final loop.

It can kill you? My girlfriend and I were really stuck and thought we had to continually touch the ghost (“I’ll wait forever if you come to me” or whatever, from the last line on the photo). Never died no matter how many times we touched/walked into her.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
First time the ghost
'got me' the radio voice was saying 'turn around. I said turn AROUND!' It had happened once before so I assumed it was a fake out. I turn around and AAARGH!

Lucent

I did the 10 step thing after the scary music and bell were over. Then I got the baby giggle. Then I just walked around and started saying more stuff as the scary music started again and the baby kept giggling. I have no idea exactly what is triggering it. I'm just saying stuff like "Hello? J? Lisa stop crying. Shut up, baby. No, it's not funny stop laughing baby" lol

I'm still not convinced about the mic.

For two reasons mainly:

1) I've seen many streamers get through it without a mic. And when I finished it at my buddy's house we weren't streaming and I really don't think we had a mic plugged in. (And he doesn't have a camera.)

2) We've been through this before with "Eureka!" You have to be POSSESSED!" and "Got it! You can't let her touch you!" And 1000 other "I've got this nailed now" theories.

Papercuts

Okay, I just beat the entire game pretty fast on stream. I do the 10 step + mic at the phone.

I actually got a giggle standing at the phone, another walking 10 steps, then I walked back to the phone and got a vibrate with another giggle. The girl never touched me, I never died, was never possessed the entire time either.

I'm still not convinced about the mic.

For two reasons mainly:

1) I've seen many streamers get through it without a mic. And when I finished it at my buddy's house we weren't streaming and I really don't think we had a mic plugged in. (And he doesn't have a camera.)

2) We've been through this before with "Eureka!" You have to be POSSESSED!" and "Got it! You can't let her touch you!" And 1000 other "I've got this nailed now" theories.

I don't know man. Every single time that I got the 2nd set of giggles (repeated it 3 times) was right as I said something into the mic. I'll buy once as coincidence, maybe two, but not 3.

Papercuts

The mic is, if nothing else, another consistent way to beat the game. There seems to be more than one way, but I did this for HOURS and got nowhere and beat it twice now.

I don't know man. Every single time that I got the 2nd set of giggles (repeated it 3 times) was right as I said something into the mic. I'll buy once as coincidence, maybe two, but not 3.

It unlocked for so many of us with the mic in the past 45 minutes. Might not be the only way, but it's an almost definitive way by now!

Lucent

Yep. I beat it with the mic and I ran through and beat it again in 15-20 minutes as opposed to the hours of wandering around. The mic does something.

vypek

Welp, I can't sleep now because I'm home alone.

Need to find something else to do.

Turn on all your lights
and watch cartoons
until you are tired enough to sleep. Works for me. lol

This isnt time based, right? People are solving it at all different times, right? Just to make sure you done need to solve it like after 10PM only

It can kill you? My girlfriend and I were really stuck and thought we had to continually touch the ghost (“I’ll wait forever if you come to me” or whatever, from the last line on the photo). Never died no matter how many times we touched/walked into her.

Yeah, it really took me and my sister by surprise. We intentionally got it to attack and possess us, and then we turned to take one step into the bathroom and then BAM, surprise kill sequence. It'd been a while since seeing that jump scare so it was particularly scary!

CREMSteve

Just played this, holy fuck, what a ride. Scared the living shit out of me, lol. My wife couldn't take it and went to bed. Fuck me, that was awesome.

I never beat it though, couldn't get that fucking phone to ring. Now I see there's a trick to it, what is it? Turn on my mic and the phone will ring? o_O

I got it by humming Persona 4 music into my mic. The mic must be it or at least a factor. Thanks to all who found this and everything else out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom