• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Finally got it. We were talking next to the baby in the sink while looking at it while the scary music was playing. We didn't move. Thats where the two giggles happened.

JLeack

Banned
Checked every inch while talking through the mic. Nothing.

I'm this close to uninstalling this shit.

Obviously this is an incredibly vague puzzle, and the demo has been out less than 48 hours. If you want an easy ride, come back in a few days.

RSB

Banned
You were prolly possessed already.

Anyways, tried with both mics, fuck this I'm done til there's a sure fire way of doing this. I think I've spent between 6-8 hours on this shit.
Nope, I know wasn't. Funny thing is, I've never been killed while possessed. Weird.

I guess there is a pattern to it, but still, it seems so random.

Cudder

Hello
283380.png

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I just put in my Pulse Elites to try this out...not streaming...and I got the giggles....FFS

THANK GOD

Woah! That did it for me! I plugged in my mic, started a new loop, kept making noise, and it worked my very first try. That's it!!

Edit: I wasn't streaming, and I didn't make any specific noise. I just rubbed my fingers over the mic to cause constant noise for about a minute while standing still after I got the first baby giggle.

drotahorror

Nope, I know wasn't. Funny thing is, I've never been killed while possessed. Weird.

I guess there is a pattern to it, but still, it seems so random.

The past 2x I've booted it up the only times I died were while possessed. AFAIK you can only die once per 'turn'. Like turning it off and then playing it later, you can die. After you die I have yet to die again, possessed or not.

So do you guys think the final game should retain the POV or at least give the option for first person?

I think it'll probably be 3rd-Person perspective as per usual for SH. Kojima being involved makes that even more probable, IMO.

This thing is really neat, and should be looked at as an example of how point-and-click adventure (which is what this is) is still viable in 2014. But I don't see it replacing the third-person perspective we've come to know from Silent Hill, especially with the star power involved, as someone before mentioned.

If they wanted to do a first-person game, I'd be cool with it. But certainly not in the current form. They'd need hand animations and physical interactions and all the stuff a good first-person game should have.

Revisiting my thought about this thing showing how point-and-click adventures can still be compelling though, I see something like this having legs. Keeping the world locked down into somewhat tight corridors so you can boost the graphics to the max can work in this type of game. And if it were in Morpheus? Wow. Personally, I don't think I'd want THIS in VR, as I prefer using the bathroom in my actual bathroom, but I'd be all over some other type of adventure presented this way in VR.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm sure there are ways to beat it without a mic, like you can beat it without the 10 steps. But those are both consistent from what I've seen.

Dalmascus

for me in steps
1:second loop from loading the game
2:stared at clock till the last bell rang (crying had already started" *baby laughs
3: waited to go after i saw woman in window by phone
4: looked at baby till crying started again
5 walked to radio waited till height of crying (followed crying into bathroom screamed when looking into mirror and left" woman was behind me and baby laughs)
6 hit hallway and controller vibrates, baby laughs phone rings

*all the while screaming while seeing the ghost,
Lisa
Hello
j
hello j
Snake
Kojima
Help
God
Jesus
Baby
all randomly with mic
*hope it helps someone

I tried all last night and couldn't get it, but was streaming with my mic and got it after 50 minutes. Had problems getting the baby to giggle even once for a long time but finally got it to happen.

Krammy

I feel like a jackass yelling "Hello" into this mic because everyone's asleep and it's not working. It's the mono earbud mic that came with the PlayStation 4 as well, just as another user suggested. I'm standing still facing (but not focused on) the phone.

I feel like a jackass yelling "Hello" into this mic because everyone's asleep and it's not working. It's the mono earbud mic that came with the PlayStation 4 as well, just as another user suggested. I'm standing still facing (but not focused on) the phone.

Try in the bathroom, that's where it worked for me. Yell hello while looking at the baby in the sink, as the music/ghost sound is playing. Did that twice successfully.

Cyborg771

Neo Member

Make sure your mic is turned on. There is a toggle.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
When I first did it I said some stuff like "hello? save me from this hell" and it took a bit to actually work, but I heard the giggle and got the vibrate.

Second time, I waited by the phone, got a giggle without saying anything, did the 10 steps for another giggle, came back and got a vibrate after saying "now somebody call me. snaaaaake"

dreamfall

Ok, so I just turned on some Brand New - placed it by the mic. And waited in the bathroom by the fetus. Giggled twice. Waited completely for the vibration to end. Phone rang. Zoomed into the phone! YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.

And walked out the door! Voila! GENIUS GAF , MIC GAF!

I had the sleeping people problem.I got the first giggle, ran to the phone, put music with lots of lyrics through headphones, put the mic right next to the headphones for maximum loudness. Sat and stared, eventually heard the second giggle. Nobody heard a sound from me having to talk into the mic!

Manu

Oh my god, I just got it.

I don't even know how I triggered it. I just know I was staring at the fetus baby when the creepy music started, I started to ask "hello? hello?" and got the second giggle. My controller started vibrating and got a third giggle, then the phone.

I don't know whether the mic had something to do, but all signs point to yes.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Hard triggers:
Ten steps after clock chimes

Random triggers:
Looking at key objects
Using or talking through a mic

Can anyone add or modify to this shortlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom