• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

pager99

15549436461_7d9e6d4868_o.png

d-day-normandy-in-photos-2.jpg

So how many roughly is that sold

Kysen

Now I feel even better about waiting until November to get an Xbox One. Gonna be some crazy deals.

Bingo, I can get an X1 for £170 right now but it will be without any bundled games. At this rate I can wait till MCC is out and get loads of pack ins.

RoKKeR

Yeah that's the crazy thing. PS3 was toxic in the beginning too and Sony managed to do a decent job with it (not in US though). But now PS4 is king. The whole market just seems really tuned in. It's cool. I like people buying the better product... should happen more lol.
This is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Anyways, shit ton of consoles. Interested to see overall market numbers.

Kuni

And you think Phil has nothing to do with the damage?

I'm being kind and giving the benefit of the doubt... Nonetheless he was part of the original Xbone yes. But since he's taken over he's made good decisions (parity and money throwing excluded).

Verendus

Banned
Exclusive sell consoles. That's all we've been hearing since the start of this generation. Maybe people should realize that people in general don't care of a game is exclusive or not.
And this month, everyone has been proven right. You see, it's not about having three different exclusives that no one cares about, it's about having that one exclusive made by Activision that was going to be bigger than them all.

Now, let's look forward to next month (since no one cares about October anyway) when Grand Theft Auto 5, releasing exclusively on the PS4, will manage to lead PS4 to the promised land. Along with other notable exclusives such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, Assassin's Creed: Unity, and Far Cry 4.

Xenon

Well, you have to realize, it's not just that.

Playstation was a powerful brand for the PS1 and PS2. Super powerful. If you look at the PS3 as an overpriced misstep, the PS4 being on top again is less of a surprise.

Basically, the 360 did as well as it did because of what Sony did just as much what Microsoft did, too.

The same could be said this gen but vise versa.

CEO Kaz Hirai‏@KazHiraiCEO

Rise of the Tomb Raider is now exclusive to Xbox One. Square Enix clearly wants the game to be uncharted: as in, not entering the charts.

LOL

Sean*O

This really does show the massive damage Mattrick & co did to the Xbox brand... Just insane how the brand is just now damaged to many people, even to the mainstream.

I've been surprised by all of this. I thought the "mainstream" would still buy it because of the brand but no, they seem to be aware of the same initial issues as we all we're. Just goes to show word of mouth is king.

Keep going Phil, you are making the right moves! You may need to weather out the storm though.

It's not just that, Xbone division have continued to make moves that piss people off.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
And people keep thinking we won't be getting better deals on the Xbox One for Black Friday. At this rate, $300-350 is quite likely.
Have they still not announced a Master Chief Collection bundle? I am kind of out of the loop on it, because I basically do not buy hardware between September 1st and Thanksgiving, for obvious reasons.

Trey

CEO Kaz Hirai‏@KazHiraiCEO

Rise of the Tomb Raider is now exclusive to Xbox One. Square Enix clearly wants the game to be uncharted: as in, not entering the charts.

LOL

That twitter account is easily the best gaming related one running.

On point more often than not.

Piggus

And you think Phil has nothing to do with the damage?

Nobody is perfect, but let's be honest here... Phil Spencer has done a pretty good job in turning things around. Much of the damage is already done but things would be A LOT worse without him taking Xbox in a more consumer-friendly direction.

ryuken-d

That's insane. Are there any recent estimates on how many people signed up for PS Plus before Destiny? There are some articles from February saying ~2 million.

that actually is kinda of insane. The only reason I could think of that making some sense are the destiny keepers. Destiny is a fucking beast of a game. and PSplus is required for endgame and more. have no numbers sorry.

Apathy

Nobody is perfect, but let's be honest here... Phil Spencer has done a pretty good job in turning things around. Much of the damage is already done but things would be A LOT worse without him taking Xbox in a more consumer-friendly direction.

There is a lot more he could do but has decided not to, as in the Indie release clause which he actually likes.

Looks like it moved a ton more consoles than Titanfall.

Can only imagine Microsofts frustration as they watch Bungie boost their competitors sales.

Top Bottom