• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John (the KFC of Pizza) is going organic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Holy shit at all the Papa John's hate lol. Where I live they're at least on par with the other big chains. At one point in time they were my favourite to boot.

A lot of it can come down to store variation for pizza chains. I know corps like to try and standardize everything as much as possible across all stores, but pizza chains in particular seem to have a decent variance depending upon location.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I never got why PJ's was so polarizing. I've always considered it the best of the big chains. Less greasy than Pizza Hut, better quality toppings than Domino's and not a $5 piece of cardboard like Li'l C's. Yet I have friends that straight up refuse to eat it, like it's covered in diarrhea or something. I don't understand.

Sounds like the papa is trying to talk from both sides of his mouth. Is he a Koch Brothers supporter with right-wing views, or someone concerned about organic ingredients and gluten-free options?

Oh, I get it, he only cares about money.

Slayven

Pizza is one of those things that even half ass it's good at the right price. a 99 cent Tortino is better than a 20 dollar large from Papa Johns

tariniel

The only reason I don't order Papa Johns is because of some expensive delivery fee they add (that is also NOT part of the tip). Their food isn't bad but I'd rather go to a local place for pickup which has better food while avoiding a dumb fee.

Is Papa Johns just really bad in the US or something?

As far as chain places go in the UK, I'd rate Papa Johns the highest in terms of "quality" over Pizza Hut and Dominos.

Except that Special Garlic Sauce, that shit can die in a fire.
Papa Johns is at the top for chains in the US in my opinion.

spuckthew

I used to love Papa John's, but I feel places like Pizza Hut and especially Domino's have really upped their game in recent years.

Yeah, don't me wrong...Domino's is probably my favourite now (my current local one is a lot better than I remember the one from where I used to live a few years ago), and Pizza Hut is pretty decent too.

Aske

Pizza is one of those things that even half ass it's good at the right price. a 99 cent Tortino is better than a 20 dollar large from Papa Johns

Spot on. I don't love Papa John's, and I'm sufficiently put off by the man himself not to eat there, but its greatest crime is its price.

Dishwalla

Banned
I like Papa John's crust, has a weird taste to it that I enjoy. Think it has something to do with the jalapeno they put in the box, might just be my imagination though.

Magus1234

KFC is garbage compared to papajohns...hell I might take McDonald over KFC (not really they both suck)

ced0cb13de05211edf125a1972a7115a.gif

SFenton

Papa John's is certifiably the worst pizza.

The one in my hometown used to go crust->sauce->meat->cheese.

Heathens.

Papa John's is the best! Their crust alone is god tier.

Horrible responses.

Their crust is bland as all get out and every pizza I've had from them tastes undercooked. You know you are bad when dominoes can put a little garlic salt and butter on their crust and it tastes infinitely better than Pappa John's. Also the CEO is a complete asshate which just as to the list of reasons to not buy pizza from them.

Is Papa Johns just really bad in the US or something?

As far as chain places go in the UK, I'd rate Papa Johns the highest in terms of "quality" over Pizza Hut and Dominos.

Except that Special Garlic Sauce, that shit can die in a fire.

I get the impression that the big global fast food chains are utter trash in the US, but pretty good elsewhere.

You have it with McDonald's and KFC too.

They're by no means gourmet, but for fast food they tend to be consistently passable here in the UK.

Tiops

Is every american food chain absolute garbage like GAF claims or is it just cool to say everything is bad here?

Because you know, nothing is good if you trust GAF.

rambis

Banned
You guys are weird. I rarely find a pizza I just don't like. My only gripe is the cost which I think is way too high for most chains.

I can't work out if all pizza chains in the UK are trash, or if Papa John's US is just garbage tier compared to the UK one. They're honestly the best chain I've tried out of the big three.

Funny to me that the guy can afford to go organic but not pay healthcare for his staff.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Here at Papa Johns we take the perceived subtle and delicate flavors that only come from organic farming and put it in an 800 degree oven. All for only a 50% upcharge.

Phased

Their Garlic Parmesan breadsticks are really good, but otherwise I really don't like their pizza.

If I'm gonna go 'fast food' pizza it's usually Domino's or Pizza Hut

B.O.O.M

Is every american food chain absolute garbage like GAF claims or is it just cool to say everything is bad here?

Popeyes is loved (for the most part) among Gaffers. Rightfully so.

It depends on what you're comparing it to, actual food or comparable fast food.

All your big chain pizza is pretty much the same, people will have preferences but it's like preferring Coke or Pepsi

But it also depends on the quality of the franchise you visit, I've never liked Dominoes it taste like cardboard covered in ketchup but I recently had it in Dallas and completely different to my local places.

Because of You tubes Running on Empty Food review I found myself at Pappa Johns on Sunday, getting a small double pepperoni. It was so damn good.

The garlic dip is top 5 dips of all time.

Remember when he complained that giving his employees health care would add 80 cents to the cost of a pizza?

It took me years to get my daughter to even try different pizza, but thankfully she has no interest in it anymore. I hate their sweet sauce most of all.

painey

I nearly got Papa Johns today so I could split it over two days and not have to go out to grab food tomorrow and it's literally half a block from my house, but the best deal they have is $9.99 for a large pizza. Insane that Pizza Hut and Dominos both have $7.99 deals, yet Papa Johns - which is worse pizza than both - doesn't even try and match that deal. I said fuck that, and went somewhere else for lunch and I might go hit the Hut tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom