• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John (the KFC of Pizza) is going organic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Does their cheese still tasted fucked up?

That's why I stopped getting their pizza.
How about the cardboard textured drywall flavored crust? Can't leave out half the details man.

Domino's pan pizza is probably the best chain pizza, but their regular crust is also the worst. Papa John's is right between those two extremes. But peperoncinis and garlic sauce are great.

Might as well. Can't get much worse.
Looks about right. The only way one can truly enjoy Papa John's if if you're a) John and b) drunk as fuck.
Even then. Back in school I passed on that shit while drunk all the time like.
nah-man.gif

antibolo

Banned
Unfortunately, Papa John's warns in all caps that the crust is "NOT RECCOMENDED FOR CUSTOMERS WITH CELIAC DISEASE."

It's not that weird. Gluten intolerance exists in varying degrees. Some people will just feel mildly sick from eating a small amount, while for others only trace amounts will be enough put them in the hospital. I personally know people who fall into both extremes.

What they're saying is their gluten free dough is not suitable for the latter. Probably because they handle it in the same kitchen as the regular dough, which is not enough to guarantee it to be completely untainted by gluten.

Regiruler

They are $10 with the deal. In fact, they have a better deal on the website than the actual 50% code (unless you want a plain cheese pizza.. which you would be crazy to do at Papa Johns)

There are plenty of people who prefer plain cheese pizza. And from chains, papa johns tastes the least greasy.

There's a market for it. Hell I remember it being at pretty much any event with food back when I was in elementary school, although at some point it started getting replaced with dominos.

Hadnt had KFC in quite some time so I grabbed some the other day and was quickly reminded why it had been so long since I had it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Comparing KFC (which isn't great) to Papa Johns (a war crime against Pizza) is possibly the worst insult I have ever heard.

Papa John's is definitely the best of the big chains, so this should be interesting to see unfold. Hopefully this doesn't drive their prices up too much in the process.

I can barely eat Papa John's while it's fresh and hot. I can't eat it when it's cold or reheated. Easily the worst chain here. Dominos is the best of the 3 (no Little Caesars in my town). Pizza Hut is meh but at least it's edible at all times.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Wouldn't pizza hut be the KFC of pizza since it's owned by the same company? :p

But, cool, new more expensive pizza for a publicity stunt, i guess.
Pizza Hut is the Churches Chicken of pizza.

painey

this stupid thread made me mess around on the papa johns website so much that I found out I was eligible for a free side order from my stored loyalty points.. so lunch for today is cheesesticks

Does their cheese still tasted fucked up?

That's why I stopped getting their pizza.

Yeah, last time I tried it, it still tasted like a hybrid between imitation cheese and plastic.

Idk why people keep saying Domino's is gross. I tend to have the Spinach and Feta thin crust pizza, and it tastes pretty good to me. Papa John's literally has no redeeming features with its cardboard crust and crappy cheese. I live in RI for reference, so maybe it's a New England thing?

I like the little cups of garlic sauce they include in the pizza boxes.

Where I live there's a local shop called The Jammin Pie. They are the absolute best pizza I've ever had.

Is Papa Johns just really bad in the US or something?

As far as chain places go in the UK, I'd rate Papa Johns the highest in terms of "quality" over Pizza Hut and Dominos.

Except that Special Garlic Sauce, that shit can die in a fire.

I'm a UK Papa Johns > PH/Dominos too. But I don't remember PJ being any worse in Canada.

I like the garlic butter dip.

I am a filthy unwashed weeaboo and this makes even me cringe. Japanese KFC is identical to its American counterpart when it comes to the standard menu.

The Chizza I had in the Japanese KFC was godly compared to the EU one.

The only time I eat Papa John's Pizza is when three things are in alignment:

1) I'm in the mood for sub par pizza
2) clippers or LA Kings win the night before (50% off promo)
3) Papa John's Groupon in my possession

Somehow that translates to two visits a year.. yikes

Ambient80

It's not that weird. Gluten intolerance exists in varying degrees. Some people will just feel mildly sick from eating a small amount, while for others only trace amounts will be enough put them in the hospital. I personally know people who fall into both extremes.

What they're saying is their gluten free dough is not suitable for the latter. Probably because they handle it in the same kitchen as the regular dough, which is not enough to guarantee it to be completely untainted by gluten.

Yep, it's like peanut allergies. "Sure, this particular item isn't made with nuts, but we can't guarantee it didn't at some point come into contact with nuts in our kitchen." Same idea with gluten and gluten-free products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom