• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John (the KFC of Pizza) is going organic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

I nearly got Papa Johns today so I could split it over two days and not have to go out to grab food tomorrow and it's literally half a block from my house, but the best deal they have is $9.99 for a large pizza. Insane that Pizza Hut and Dominos both have $7.99 deals, yet Papa Johns - which is worse pizza than both - doesn't even try and match that deal. I said fuck that, and went somewhere else for lunch and I might go hit the Hut tomorrow.

Papa John's almost always has a 50% off pizzas coupon code. 25% at minimum. I don't think anybody would actually buy from then regularly if they didn't, because their menu prices are insane.

I nearly got Papa Johns today so I could split it over two days and not have to go out to grab food tomorrow and it's literally half a block from my house, but the best deal they have is $9.99 for a large pizza. Insane that Pizza Hut and Dominos both have $7.99 deals, yet Papa Johns - which is worse pizza than both - doesn't even try and match that deal. I said fuck that, and went somewhere else for lunch and I might go hit the Hut tomorrow.

In my area Mondays are 50% off all pizzas. They send an email like clockwork reminding me.

Gaardus

They have 40% off coupons almost nonstop, though.

painey

Papa John's almost always has a 50% off pizzas coupon code. 25% at minimum. I don't think anybody would actually buy from then regularly if they didn't, because their menu prices are insane.

They are $10 with the deal. In fact, they have a better deal on the website than the actual 50% code (unless you want a plain cheese pizza.. which you would be crazy to do at Papa Johns)

Unfortunately, Papa John's warns in all caps that the crust is "NOT RECCOMENDED FOR CUSTOMERS WITH CELIAC DISEASE."

giphy.gif

Why even bother then?

Apdiddy

Papa John's regular price is already exorbitantly high so this will do nothing.

And John of Papa John's is a terrible human being. Don't give him any money.

Fury451

Banned
What world does GAF live in where Papa John is the worst of the chains? (in b4 "the real world")

East of Chicago is the true trash tier. Or Dominos.

My "local" Papa Johns isn't too bad. Although it's gone down a notch or two in recent years. Dominos and pizza hut are pretty nice but something pseudo-authentic + thin based, Classico is lovely. and the cheapest for size, i think.

All pizza prices seem ludicrous >_>

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Calling them the KFC of Pizza is an insult. Papa Johns isn't even food, it's cardboard with shitty toppings. KFC is at least edible.

Going organic will only make it even worse cardboard.

Isn't the guy who runs it like an ultra-conservative racist shitbag? Aka the people that make fun of the Whole Foods Organic types they're now going after?

The comparison seems apt. The same way I will never understand why people prefer Popeyes so strongly I will similarly be confused by this. Papa Johns is unquestionably among the better pizza options in a world with Pizza Hut and Little Caesars.

Im guessing with Papa Johns it has more to do with the man himself than the food. That I can understand.

I don't so much get the hate on Papa John's, least not here in the UK. I had a bunch of takeouts from them whilst I was at uni, and each one was great. Not incredible, mind, and a bit pricey, but at least you know it's made well.

By comparison, I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut for collection and it was the size of my hand and cost like £11. Way disappointed. Jalapeno poppers were nice though.

The comparison seems apt. The same way I will never understand why people prefer Popeyes so strongly I will similarly be confused by this. Papa Johns is unquestionably among the better pizza options in a world with Pizza Hut and Little Caesars.

Im guessing with Papa Johns it has more to do with the man himself than the food. That I can understand.

Does Dominoes not exist in that world?!

To take advantage of all the idiots who think they need to avoid gluten while also telling people who actually suffer from Celiac to stay away :lol

They know they'll have cross contamination like crazy.

Likewise for your 'organic', though at least gluten is a real thing and it's actually healthier to eat....for the tiny fraction of the public who actually has Celiac's instead of self diagnosed "gluten sensitivity".

Wood Man

I used to like Papa Johns when I was younger. I don't know if my taste buds evolved or the ingredients changed.

Sometimes my work orders from Papa Johns. Last time they ordered some BBQ Bacon chicken pizza. It was vile.

geardo

I used to like Papa Johns when I was younger. I don't know if my taste buds evolved or the ingredients changed.

Sometimes my work orders from Papa Johns. Last time they ordered some BBQ Bacon chicken pizza. It was vile.

I think they changed the ingredients because I used to like it too, but I had it a few times recently, and it just tastes like slop now.

Sane_Man

Is Papa Johns just really bad in the US or something?

As far as chain places go in the UK, I'd rate Papa Johns the highest in terms of "quality" over Pizza Hut and Dominos.

Except that Special Garlic Sauce, that shit can die in a fire.

Papa Johns is easily the most disgusting. In the UK as well. Everything about their pizza was sickening to me. Way worse than Dominos and even shitty Pizza Hut.

BriGuy

Does their cheese still tasted fucked up?

That's why I stopped getting their pizza.
I'm glad this was the first post because something is seriously up with that cheese. Every other pizza I've ever had has gooey cheese; big chains, local joints, homemade...

Papa John's cheese is just kind of flaked on there. I don't know how to describe it. It's like... scaly? How does that happen?

zma1013

My picks:

Papa John's is the best of the 4 big chains, although admittedly a bit too expensive.

Dominos 2nd, stirkes a good balance between price and taste.

Pizza Hut 3rd, I'm personally not a big fan here and I haven't been there for a while but I can eat it.

Little Ceaser's... well, it's not even worth the $5 anymore. Somehow the quality seems worse than it was a few years ago and they took out the little free spice packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom