• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Police action might have been extended to Charlerloi, another area where nobody is amazed there is a police action necessary.

Nokterian

Brussel still on lockdown? To me terrorist don't announce a attack they go when it is time to be brutality honest this is striking fear in the public for no reason.

Joni

Why weren't French/Belgian law enforcement cracking down like this before the Paris attacks?
Stupid stuff like civil liberties. It is not like judges would appreciate people being arrested like that, a judge even let an underage potential Syria fighter go for the third time this week. People are also not crazy about the military being deployed on home soil.

Brussel still on lockdown? To me terrorist don't announce a attack they go when it is time to be brutality honest this is striking fear in the public for no reason.
If you know there was an attack and you know you're still missing at least one guy with a suicide vest, it might be time to be careful.

Nokterian

Stupid stuff like civil liberties. People are also not crazy about the military being deployed on home soil.

If you know there was an attack and you know you're still missing at least one guy with a suicide vest, it might be time to be careful.

I am optimistic with this..it is a shame that the media is striking more fear and keeping people feared in their homes. No matter what you do it cannot be stopped..there smarter than this.

I'm really enjoying the police going on the offensive without being overly disruptive to everyone's every day lives. Hope this balance is maintained.

Foffy

Banned
What the fuck? Another terrorist event happened? The last one I heard of was the hotel one a few days ago.

Did that just end, or did something new happen? :/

Lender

What the fuck? Another terrorist event happened? The last one I heard of was the hotel one a few days ago.

Did that just end, or did something new happen? :/

Which event are you talking about? TOnight's happenings in Brussels are police and military doing raids on multiple locations

Lender

There was an event that a hotel was occupied a few days ago. I believe it was in Africa.

This is something else?

Oh yes, the Mali hostage event. Had nothing to do with IS though.

Tonight it's the raids by Belgian police and military in Brussels.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
There was an event that a hotel was occupied a few days ago. I believe it was in Africa.

This is something else?

the hotel event is connected to Al Qaeda and also further connected to the civil war there, i believe. sort of happens outside of the context of anything else going on in Europe, but sort of connected at the same time.

Lender

No futher info will be given about the identities until further notice. No weapons have been found.

Abdeslam not arrested

That's basically it.

Alx

Strange that they had to deploy all those soldiers and hardware to catch unarmed people. I guess their source wasn't totally accurate.
Did they change the security level or is it still on high alert ?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so why isnt this guy getting caught at the borders ? surely his idenity should be on high alert etc

Strange that they had to deploy all those soldiers and hardware to catch unarmed people. I guess their source wasn't totally accurate.

It's still on high alert.

Tomorrow everything will be closed. No metro, no daycare, no working for some.

If you think checking cars is border control in Europe then you probably haven't been. While I was stationed there nothing prevent you from walking across.

Sort of like Mexico/US just a lot more cover the majority of the time.

jstripes

Banned
He keeps getting away. Bastard.
vwJ34fX.jpg

Joni

The military is not allowed to actually catch those people, police are the only ones allowed to do home searches. They're deploying them because it is deemed likely there would have been a terrorist event.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
so why isnt this guy getting caught at the borders ? surely his idenity should be on high alert etc

As other said no internal border controls. Even if there were, he could slip over on smaller border crossing or wearing a disguise with fake passport. So he is probably still in Belgium or somewhere nearby. There are rumors that he fled towards Germany.

Joni

Another seven home searches - five in Brussels and two in Liege - and five arrests this morning.
And the police is very grateful for the cat pictures: https://twitter.com/FedPol_pers/status/668749104655302656/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I just heard on the radio that Bavarian police stopped a car driven by a Montenegrins stuffed full of AK47's with the sat nav set for Paris and didn't think to tell the French.

Fucking hell.

I just heard on the radio that Bavarian police stopped a car driven by a Montenegrins stuffed full of AK47's with the sat nav set for Paris and didn't think to tell the French.

Fucking hell.

This was the Tuesday before the original attack. From what I remember, the guy hasn't spoken.

I believe the German's informed the French authorities of the arrest, but heard nothing until after the attack.

Lots of police presence today in Madrid. Far more officers about in the centre than normal, and a lot more seem to be armed. Going around in groups of 4, when normally they walk in pairs. They were doing stops on vehicles on a street near my flat as well.

They must have some intelligence.

MrBigBoy

Just announced by Belgian Prime Minister: Tomorrow still level 4 alert for Brussels until next Monday.

Schools and metro will be opened by Wednesday.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom