• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People want to believe events like this are staged because to them that's less scary than the idea of random terrorist acts that can happen anywhere. It's less scary than the idea of a ragtag bunch of zealots in the desert having the ability to pull something like this off.

The idea that the worlds governments couldn't fake something like this, without using the same actors is even scarier. Just how incompetent would that make the people controlling our countries?

zaryn

False flags articles appearing all over the place, sorry, Spanish again:
http://www.forbes.com.mx/la-sombra-de-una-operacion-de-falsa-bandera-se-cierne-sobre-paris/
Basically, there is evidence all over the place this was staged, according to these articles. The way the extr.., right reacted in the US makes think, it may be true...

It boggles my mind that people actually fall for this bullshit. Bad shit happened, the right is taking advantage to please their base (refugees are bad!), nothing more. Get outta here with this bullshit.

Addi

So Salah Abdeslam, the guy who attacked the bar where no one was killed (the video where he aims his AK at a woman but didn't kill her) might not only be on the run from the police, but also from ISIS. He apparently diverged from the plan, not killing himself/blow himself up and chose an unplanned escape route (probably due to panic). He told some friends he doesn't want to turn himself to the police because ISIS might then attack his family and told the attack went too far. This is coming from both an anonymous source (one of his friends in Belgium) and a police source. Fuck this guy, but what a situation to be in :O

EDIT: I read this in a Norwegian newspaper, but here is one of their sources in French: Le Capitale

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
False flags articles appearing all over the place, sorry, Spanish again:
http://www.forbes.com.mx/la-sombra-de-una-operacion-de-falsa-bandera-se-cierne-sobre-paris/
Basically, there is evidence all over the place this was staged, according to these articles. The way the extr.., right reacted in the US makes think, it may be true...

Why doesn't surprise me that the author of that POS (complete with some truther nosense) also wrote for Voice of Russia/Sputnik?

Alx

So Salah Abdeslam, the guy who attacked the bar where no one was killed (the video where he aims his AK at a woman but didn't kill her) might not only be on the run from the police, but also from ISIS. He apparently diverged from the plan, not killing himself/blow himself up and chose an unplanned escape route (probably due to panic). He told some friends he doesn't want to turn himself to the police because ISIS might then attack his family and told the attack went too far. This is coming from both an anonymous source (one of his friends in Belgium) and a police source. Fuck this guy, but what a situation to be in :O

That's interesting. During yesterday's reports on French TV, there was a part about Molenbeek and the friends of the Abdeslam brothers. I remember one person retelling a conversation he's overheard the day before the attacks, where one of the brothers was shouting at the other "if I don't get the money, I'm not doing it !".
I thought it sounded illogical if he was talking about suicide attacks, but apparently he never planned to kill himself...

*edit : link to an article about that segment (in French)
http://www.rtl.be/info/monde/france...i-j-ai-pas-l-argent-j-y-vais-pas--772591.aspx

Gonzalez

Banned
People want to believe events like this are staged because to them that's less scary than the idea of random terrorist acts that can happen anywhere. It's less scary than the idea of a ragtag bunch of zealots in the desert having the ability to pull something like this off.
Blame "Wag The Dog"...

Yeah, fuck him. I don't care what he says.

Alx

Yeah apparently the kamikaze was a man in the end. I think the body of the woman has been identified as the cousin, though.
Also, most of the persons arrested during the raid seemed to be illegal immigrants with no relation to the terrorists (which explains why they surrendered after the first assault).

Saiyan-Rox

I was starting to think I was crazy by thinking this but as soon as I heard about what happened I straight away thought "why did she kill herself in that way?"

I mean she hasn't any ties to this stuff and she goes towards the window to speak to the officers by yelling "help"

Nah imo it sounds like she was forced to put the vest on and go towards the window and blown up as a statement. But I could be wrong.

Yeah apparently the kamikaze was a man in the end. I think the body of the woman has been identified as the cousin, though.
Also, most of the persons arrested during the raid seemed to be illegal immigrants with no relation to the terrorists (which explains why they surrendered after the first assault).

Oh was it not her with the vest on? I guess there's a chance we'll never know.

Tawpgun

Lol just read the story how the night after the attacks someone lit a bunch of firecrackers and it caused a panic. Same thing happened in Boston after they caught the bomber some guy in my neighborhood was setting off fireworks to celebrate.

Maybe think a little

Piggus

Strange. Saw about 15-20 military vehicles enter Brussels an hour ago. Not the standard trucks with men in it, but armored version with automatic weaponry, our Dingo II I believe.

126149_decloedt_christian_large.jpg

Hide your babies.

Lol just read the story how the night after the attacks someone lit a bunch of firecrackers and it caused a panic. Same thing happened in Boston after they caught the bomber some guy in my neighborhood was setting off fireworks to celebrate.

Maybe think a little

Dunno if that's true. The Interior Ministry said the "explosion" sound was due to a street lamp that broke.

For something more lighthearted:

xFspSTj.png

Top-down, left-to-right translations:

"I didn't know she had a bomb, when she told me 'I wanna blow' I thought I had a chance..."

"They asked me if I knew how to make Molotov cocktails, I told them I knew nothing about that, I'm not a barman"

"It's true they asked me if I knew how to make a bomb, but I thought they were going to the pool" (make a bomb = do a cannonball)

"I saw AKs but they told me it was for paintball"

"I saw weapons but I thought we were gonna shoot a music video"

I saw this at work this afternoon and had the best laugh I have had for a long time. Feels very cathartic somehow.
Just read the twitter feed and OMG, my belly hurts from the laughters.

This how I paid respect to people who lost their lives last weeks.
I couldn't go to the sites tonight because of my kids (I live in parisian suburbs), but I hope people who were able to do so will drunk themselves in the bars while listening loud music to show these fuckers they can't win!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I find it more offensive that people would refuse to acknowledge the existence of the deceased.

Grizzo

Just a week after the attacks, it still feels like such a blur, like a really bad hangover that just won't go away.

I passed by the Carillon and Le Petit Cambodge to head back home tonight. It's so chilling, especially in the middle of the night. I hope we'll eventually find peace but I find myself getting all tense sometime and then going back to a more calm state of mind. It'll get better in time, that's what we all keep saying to ourselves and each other. Talking about it with friends and family really helped though.

Joni

No metro, soccer cancelled troughout the country, concerts cancelled. 'Avoid busy places'

I am wondering what made them raise the level. Must be something...

They're hunting the last guy that is still on the loose. Shut down the entire city during the weekend to take him down if they can find him. It will be problematic if they can't get him by Monday.
Well, it explains the heavy military equipment I saw entering the city.

weekev

Banned
No metro, soccer cancelled troughout the country, concerts cancelled. 'Avoid busy places'

I am wondering what made them raise the level. Must be something...
Salah Abdeslam, one of the guys behind last weeks atrocities is believed to have returned to Belgium.

Government must have a solid lead on him and clearly we know what he us capable of. Stay safe Brussels.

Joni

Makes sense, you don't want to know how many police is usually foreseen for a match of Anderlecht. In that light, a typical European Bruges match also gets a lot of police support. Might have an impact on Thursday.

Not sure how credible the source is, but a nice touch from Russia if true. Simple.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2015/11/...ice-puppy-to-replace-k-9-killed-by-terrorist/

That's nice, but I wish they wouldn't use dogs. They basically just send them to get shot and blown up. I know not many people would agree, and say it's better than a policeman getting shot, but they chose their career and accepted the risks. I don't know what they expected the dog to accomplish, sending him into a room with people armed with ak's.

Alx

That's nice, but I wish they wouldn't use dogs. They basically just send them to get shot and blown up. I know not many people would agree, and say it's better than a policeman getting shot, but they chose their career and accepted the risks. I don't know what they expected the dog to accomplish, sending him into a room with people armed with ak's.

The dog is trained to detect threats and explosives. It's cruel for the dog, but it accepts the risk in a way too, since loyalty and protection is part of their instinct. Also I don't think the dog is used as a disposable canary, considering it had two medals already.
Also the police uses other ways when possible, they had drones and robots for the assault for examples. But the robot couldn't get past the rubble.

Joni

Stores in the Nieuwstraat, the main shopping street of Brussels have closed voluntarily.
Supermarkets in Molenbeek are now protected by military.

Turkish Police have caught some of the ringleaders in Antalya. 1 Moroccan and 2 Syrians.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/su...talya.aspx?pageID=238&nID=91488&NewsCatID=351

Separately, Turkey deported a group of Moroccans detained at Istanbul's main airport this week over suspected links to ISIL.

"The eight, who said they had arrived at Atatürk Airport on Nov. 17 night from Casablanca for a holiday, were detained by border police and questioned by profiling experts who flagged them as suspected militants, a government official told Reuters."

Alx

Europe needs a European Intelligence Agency that can coordinate things between the countries better

Yeah it's been discussed for a long time, but intelligence is one of the "sovereign" parts on which each country wants to keep full control.
I think more efficient communication between services would be a good start. According to French PM, foreign intelligence agencies had located Abaaoud in Greece earlier this year, and French intelligence got that info three days after the attacks, probably from Morocco.

Rogan

Banned
Its getting pretty close right now. I live in Holland and always thought "nothing" big would happen here. Its a 2.5 hour drive to Belgium from where I live, so I feel like its getting close.
I live in the north and my dad visits Belgium 2 or 3 times a month for business, sometimes I join him and help him so I have been there many times.

Stay safe Belgian GAF!

Joni

It looks scary with the military, but in the end, it feels quite safe. It isn't comparable to the 80s when the Brabant killers were on the loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom