• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES series - "The Return of the King"

Hasney

Hehe if only PES had good commentart ;)

Don't understand why they can't improve it already.

Lot of work for an annual release to scrap it and start again, probably not in budget to do it. Is a shame, but I usually put on Spanish commentary and they sound more excited even if I can't understand them.

Dahaka

Hehe, it's ripped and added on top of the video, says so in the vid description.

If only PES had good commentary. Don't understand why they can't improve it already.

hehe, you should hear the German commentary of Fifa. It's beyond horrible. I can't understand how we have them 5(?) years in a row. Martin Tyler and Co. look like philosophers in contrast.

Played FIFA for the last five years, but this demo is just too darn good. FIFA is a mess this year, passing is all over the shop.

Only concern is the audio. Konami are primarily an arcade house, and their sound samples are testament to that. Veeeery arcade-y...FIFA does sound amazing, I'll give them that.

Hopefully the finished article might have beefed the audio somewhat.

But PES it is for this year methinks...

NoTacos

I'm really hoping they get back to the PES of old, I've never been a FIFA fan. They went from 40 yard top corner volleys to, as you say, pace pace pace. "Football" for the Sky Generation. PES was always the king for your football lovers - the joy was always in the build-up, the finely crafted interplay and the unceremonious, yet glorious, finish.

Speaking of unceremonious, yet glorious finishes, check this out. I finally beat FC Barcelona on superstar difficulty 2-0, the definite goal being a counter to Barca's counter attack: A simple clearance to the back line, a single bounce, and a header over the goalie coming off the line. Good lord this game.

DefiantCautiousAmericanriverotter.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I am absolutely loving this demo.

Just plays such a nice game of football. And it looks great too. So much work has gone into the animations and the general pace and fluidity of the game. Agree with those who say it feels less "scripted" or predictable as well. I've not really played any two matches that have been alike, and there seems to be a much more natural flow to how and why stuff happens. I've had some absolutely chaotic/glorious goalmouth scrambles and goals both for and against me. I love stuff like that.

I hope the full game doesn't change too much from the demo. I instantly liked almost everything about this and I only get more fond of it as time goes on.

Handy Fake

Speaking of unceremonious, yet glorious finishes, check this out. I finally beat FC Barcelona on superstar difficulty 2-0, the definite goal being a counter to Barca's counter attack: A simple clearance to the back line, a single bounce, and a header over the goalie coming off the line. Good lord this game.

DefiantCautiousAmericanriverotter.gif

Marvellous. Just marvellous. That's a real goal, not 45 yard top-corner volleys.

(Keeper bottled it like hehe)

Anyone notice the slowdown when using manual passing/shooting with directional indicator on. Just before you shoot/pass there's a noticeable judder in the framerate.

I'm not sure if its the same if the indicator is set to off. It only occurs as you strike the ball.

spwolf

It was, but wasn't updated for the 2015 season.

Edit: Here is a link about the license -http://www.peseditblog.com/2014/10/konami-pes-2015-21-brazilian-team-licenses.html?m=1

They are still in talks about certain things.

thanks for the link... I see they have weekly player updates, thats great and something that PES was missing!!!

PES-2015-MyClub%2B(2).jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 will see weekly updates released each Thursday throughout the season, adjusting player overalls and team lineups and tactics for the Brazilian, English, French, Italian and Spanish leagues.

These weekly PES 2015 updates will be applied for both offline and online friendlies as well as for the MyClub mode.

http://www.peseditblog.com/2014/10/pes-2015-weekly-updates-details.html

AlexBasch

Something that bugs me is the missing Bundesliga. I know they don't have the license and the random teams are usually kept for th OF edits and add the teams, but is the german licensing different from, say, the EPL?¨

I mean, can they do a Bodortmund team with plain yellow jerseys and add the players or does it work different from the "Merseyside Red" stuff?

Boss Mog

Something that bugs me is the missing Bundesliga. I know they don't have the license and the random teams are usually kept for th OF edits and add the teams, but is the german licensing different from, say, the EPL?¨

I mean, can they do a Bodortmund team with plain yellow jerseys and add the players or does it work different from the "Merseyside Red" stuff?

If you get the PC version there will be patches to have the Bundesliga and much more. PESEdit.com releases amazing PES patches.

This game plays much better than FIFA. It's streets ahead in my opinion.

Is there information regarding all the licensing, or lack thereof, available?

NoTacos

Wow guys, Di Maria is so OP its ridiculous lol his speed out of the gate is unreal, my counter offense has almost no chance.

Also this just happened:
9XX3eIE.jpg

was up 2-0 and the game bugged out lol. Weird thing is, bugs only happens when I use Bayern. Last time I played, Ribery and Robben had no shorts on.

It's different. From what I heard bundesliga is locked down so tight that only a few teams ever make it in the game. Bayern is a constant because of single team licensing like Manchester United, but as for an entire German league? EA won't have it.

Returners

It's different. From what I heard bundesliga is locked down so tight that only a few teams ever make it in the game. Bayern is a constant because of single team licensing like Manchester United, but as for an entire German league? EA won't have it.

I thought Konami automatically got the teams in UEFA Champions League when they got that license. Bayern is in because they are a staple in Champions League.

feel

There's this visual bug where the shorts of some players will roll up their legs, it looks awesome in the wide gameplay camera when it happens to Bale and you can see his fat and pasty thighs as he's running super fast down the wing just like in real life.

Curufinwe

José Mourinho;132827774 said:
This game plays much better than FIFA. It's streets ahead in my opinion.

Is there information regarding all the licensing, or lack thereof, available?

I played FIFA 15 at GameStop yesterday. It felt pretty ropey, and the players look weirdly elongated.

LAM09

yep, all teams in CL are in usually. They got license from UEFA.

They aren't, sadly. Dortmund has always been absent (EA license), and a few lesser know teams are normally absent. Let's hope Konami acquire more licenses this year.

Ganondorfo

Stupid question: is this better than Fifa 15? Because I have been ignoring this franchise so many years because everyone always says that Fifa is better.

Kikujiro

Stupid question: is this better than Fifa 15? Because I have been ignoring this franchise so many years because everyone always says that Fifa is better.

This year is definitely better judging by the demo alone, but if you want a more arcade game which is all about pacing and scoring hundreds of goals with no midfield play then go with Fifa.

jonnyp

Lot of work for an annual release to scrap it and start again, probably not in budget to do it. Is a shame, but I usually put on Spanish commentary and they sound more excited even if I can't understand them.

I haven't tried the Spanish ones but I've tried the French ones in 2014, and even if I don't understand much, they sound a lot more authentic than the English ones. Beglin just sounds bored.

Datschge

There are different levels of licensing: Leagues (if it's centrally marketed), clubs and players.
In EPL's case the league exclusively sold out to EA, the clubs mostly sold out to EA but the players are covered through the FIFPro (global players' union) license that Konami has.
In Buli's case the league exclusively sold out to EA, the clubs nearly all sold out to EA, and the local players' union (or rather one of its members) fought against the FIFPro license covering German league players. So this leaves only clubs Konami can license directly (which leaves only Bayern as all the other clubs are obviously happy to sell out exclusivity).

yep, all teams in CL are in usually. They got license from UEFA.

Nope, while Konami is trying to be complete there are a lot of unlicensed CL teams. The CL/EL license is for the tournaments, that's it.

NoTacos

I thought Konami automatically got the teams in UEFA Champions League when they got that license. Bayern is in because they are a staple in Champions League.

They have champions league, but from what I've read Bundesliga was forcefully removed ever since PES 6. You'll only see teams like Bayern and Leverkeusen because they're usually in UCL, not every german team is.

but the players are covered through the FIFPro (global players' union) license that Konami has.
So, if I understand you correctly, while ProEvo won't have the name or logo of the clubs it hasn't licensed, like Liverpool and Arsenal, it should still have the actual names of the players on those teams?

LAM09

So, if I understand you correctly, while ProEvo won't have the name or logo of the clubs it hasn't licensed, like Liverpool and Arsenal, it should still have the actual names of the players on those teams?

Yep. The same goes for second divisions that have been added to PES 2015 such as, Serie B, Championship, Segunda Division, etc.

Only a few NT's will not have proper player names, but they can be manually corrected.

sephiroth7x

Sorry if this has been answered and spoken about already. Whats the score with the ML this year? Can you switch jobs again like last year? Is there international jobs again etc?

Returners

There are different levels of licensing: Leagues (if it's centrally marketed), clubs and players.
In EPL's case the league exclusively sold out to EA, the clubs mostly sold out to EA but the players are covered through the FIFPro (global players' union) license that Konami has.
In Buli's case the league exclusively sold out to EA, the clubs nearly all sold out to EA, and the local players' union (or rather one of its members) fought against the FIFPro license covering German league players. So this leaves only clubs Konami can license directly (which leaves only Bayern as all the other clubs are obviously happy to sell out exclusivity).

Nope, while Konami is trying to be complete there are a lot of unlicensed CL teams. The CL/EL license is for the tournaments, that's it.

That's sad.

And also surprised at the Champions League license. Wondering if it's actually worth it just to have that mode / tourney in the seasons.

Top Bottom