• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Pizza might be the only food in existence that I don't think I can possibly ever get sick of. There's just so many ways to have it from the toppings to the styles and so on. Majestic.

Ezalc

Just got back from lunch. Pizza confirmed, friends confirmed, damn good time fuckin' confirmed. Thanks for making my day awesome OP.

In the same position but I recently found out that Lou Malnatis makes a low carb pizza that replaces the crust with sausage. Can't wait to try it out.

Gluten-free%20pizza.1.jpg

HOLY SHIT, I must try this as I'm on a low carb as well for the past month.

i feel your pain of the 500 degree oven limit. you can make some pretty damn good pizzas in there, though. america's test kitchen recommends putting the stone as close to the ROOF as possible, heating it as high as the oven will go for ~1 hour, then going from there. the reduced distance between the stone and the roof makes the oven stay hotter and cook the pizza faster (obviously important for neopolitan style pie).

but yeah, i make pizza like this sometimes.

Dude those look awesome. Nice work.

Go_Ly_Dow

fuck, this thread has given me the shakes. so tempted by pizza right now, but it's very expensive.

time to eat a bowl of cereal and hope it will kill these cravings.

update: on my quest to the cereal box, i took a sharp left turn to the freezer and whipped out a frozen king. unable to fight the urges i placed the beast in to the oven. it will be consumed within the next 20mins.

fuck, this thread has given me the shakes. so tempted by pizza right now, but it's very expensive.

time to eat a bowl of cereal and hope it will kill these cravings.

You need to by some basic ingredients up front, but if you make your own, you can save the dough in the freezer, and you should be able to make a bunch of pizzas down the road. For the price of a box of cereal and milk you might be able to score tomato sauce and paste, some cheese.

Worth a try.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
I usually like some kind of meat on my pizza. I try to find a good, quality thin pepperoni and not that salty shit. I like pork sausage too. My standard pizza is usually a no-cook tomato sauce, sausage or pepperoni, peppers or red onions, fresh tomatoes, real mozzerella and what I found really makes a pizza is fresh basil leaves. Gotta have those. Love mushrooms too. As for dough, I've been just following your recipe. Like you said before, it's best to keep it moist. I've added a little too much flour before and it just isn't the same. I had some pics but lost them when my phone died.

Wish I could help you recreating a detroit pizza, but I'm no help.

i've actually boarded the "sausage pizza train" again in the past year. i really dig it when you can get the cook time right and fine crumbled sausage gets all sizzly and crispy--this opposed to the big juicy chunks, which do seem popular with quite a lot of folks.

here's a good example of how i like the sausage to look:

Loui's Pizza - Hazel Park, MI

Ft3j3.jpg

The very best.

this michigan pizza may be my favorite looking one in the thread. i think i have kind of a love affair with rectangular focaccia-esque pizzas with crispy brown edges.

Jacob

I ate pizza last night while watching the Olympics and I didn't even have to fight off the cat (who also loves pizza) because he was sleeping in the other room. I'm going to have the leftovers for a snack later today. Good times.

This thread makes me want to try making pizza myself again though. I haven't done that in years.

I ate pizza last night while watching the Olympics and I didn't even have to fight off the cat (who also loves pizza) because he was sleeping in the other room. I'm going to have the leftovers for a snack later today. Good times.

This thread makes me want to try making pizza myself again though. I haven't done that in years.

Share the leftovers with your cat.

My parents run a local pizza joint, its been about 15 years or so in business and each time I re-visit I still have a large sauce/cheese on light crust. So, so so good... I wish I could enjoy the Pizza with all of you, but alas :)

Top Bottom