• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhorkat

It's probably the Mad World team working on. Looking forward to how it ends up and hoping Acti doesn't restrict PG too much. Surprised they went to PG, that's like a "we want it to be good" not a "cash grab" decision.

Or maybe Platinum Games is just that cheap now that Sega won't give them any money.

Phades

I'm not familiar with western animation. A quick Google search tells me that this series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender?
I've seen a few episodes of the first series, and the Shyamalan movie. I liked the setting and characters.

Wait, you liked the characters and setting after seeing the Shyamalan movie?

You are quite generous.

Well then, i never thought i'd see the names Platinum and Korra together, day 1 purchase for me. All this Korra hate is bonkers. It's different from The Last Airbender yeah, but it's still a great series imo.

Zomba13

LtVhoUA.gif

Platinum doing a Kill la Kill game still exists in my dreams.

KHlover

Banned
Well then, i never thought i'd see the names Platinum and Korra together, day 1 purchase for me. All this Korra hate is bonkers. It's different from The Last Airbender yeah, but it's still a great series imo.
Agreed and going by the leaked season 3 episodes it's just getting better and better

Gotchaye

Interesting. Korra's not a bad choice for a game. The simpler ways in which bending gets used (relative to ATLA) are probably an advantage when it comes to making a game and mapping buttons, and it's a video game so the weaker writing isn't an issue. I'll definitely keep an eye on this, given Platinum's reputation.

Zomba13

They seem to be getting plenty from Microsoft and Nintendo.

A sequel to Rising is also pretty much guaranteed.

The sequel to Rising will be Kill la Kill. Same engine and zandatsu but instead of limbs coming off it's clothing.

Believe.

munchie64

Wouldn't it be great that after NeoGAF has done all the accolade-showering for Platinum, they release a children's cartoon video game tie-in that's utterly uninspired and half-assed?

I can't wait for the impending storm.
Why would that be great? That would be shit. I don't understand. Why would you want that? What kind of person does this make you? What is GAF to you? A plaything?
/s

Seriously though I'm hopping for the best.

DrZeus

Sayeth twhat?!?

Based platinum making a game in the avatar universe? I have to buy this off general principles alone.

Don't know about the series but I'm always interested in more Platinum. It's also on PC so finally a Platinum game I can buy again.

Despera

Banned
Will preserve judgement until gameplay.

lol jk

Can't wait for my first Platinum game on PS4... this gon be gud 101%

AAK

Why did it have to be Activision?????

I have a notion that Activision just basically gave them 12 months to make something on EVERY platform with a strict deadline and now Platinum have to rush and make something out of it. I'd feel much more comfortable if this gets delayed to 2015 to let them perfect what they're making rather than the Activision seal of quality.

Activision should start farming out all their licensed stuff to platinum.

I want a platinum Spider-Man & Transformers game.

Actually, that's a great idea. I think they could do a wonderful Spider-Man game. Might as well give it to someone new, as Beenox just don't care any more.

I would've much preferred a game revolving around the cast of the first series(The Last Airbender) on one of their many adventures after the conclusion(which they hinted about, hence they didn't save the world and stay idle). Though, if it's Korra, I'll take it solely because I love the world of Avatar, and in Korra's time, love how they've merged the fantasy Asian world of The Last Airbender with steampunk. If Platinum delivers a great game, I'm there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom