• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

...This is really a thing? Well, never watched the show or Avatar before it, but whatever. Get that money, Platinum.

I've been enjoying Kill la Kill so far, but I won't be pestering them to make anything they don't want to, even if I would trust them most.

qM9vkBT.gif

Optimistic, but I'll withdraw judgement until pics/footage is up.

RPGCrazied

I like the show, but this seems like a missed opportunity. This should have happened with the first anime series with Aang.

Legend of Korra, cool.

BY PLATINUM!?
triple.gif

Perfect.

And yes, I'd be perfectly content with just letting us have a big arena with tons of enemies as we use Platinum's megaton stylish bending action. I really hope we get full combos and tons of techniques, but it being a quick downloadable scares me.
I realistically expect 3 hit combos with generic bending. But Plat always destroys expectations and reality so let's goooo

And also super hype about it coming to PC

I don't like japanese cartoons and I don't like most of PG's work.
Might end up enjoying this, you never know.
its American dude
i dont know if this is going to be good or not. Feels like its going to be Gearbox's Aliens to Platinum's Legend of Korra kinda project.

If Platinum can make a fun game out of rushed almost cancelled AAA IP
They can make a decent action game (because they are the action masters) out of a licensed property in their sleep.

I don't know how to feel about that. Platinum Games is my favorite developer, and even so, I can't see this turning out well... I'll wait for the IGN hands-on to prove me wrong though.

munchie64

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Platinum Games doing a licensed game? On a WESTERN license?
I mean Korra isn't the best but holy shit... This has the potential to be great.

Azure J

...why is everyone talking about a Platinum Kill La Kill game btw? Isn't that what Bayonetta's for? :p

Kill La Kill was an okay ride with a lot more hype than the end product really deserved.

Huh...

Guess I'll have to catch up on the show and go from there. With the reputation of Platinum and the writer of the show also writing the game... those are some good buttons being pushed.

88random

I have always wanted to see an arena fighting game based on the Avatar universe with multiple modes, 1vs1 or team vs team. And Platinum to make it, lol.

Phades

This really is a clash of two unstoppable forces.

Platinum game's awesomeness vs Activision's shittyness.

lets see which one prevails

The publisher always wins....

That said, it is interesting that they are choosing Korra.

Sad that there won't be Toph to play. Oh well, you get the dynamic duo brothers instead! /sigh

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The IGN article mentions also a 3DS game which is a turn-based strategy game. Could it be put in the title, I don't know XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom