• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mhe6mvz0OR1qlfbs5o1_400.gif

Imagine it as a lion turtle and it's perfect.

The way you Humans are losing your minds makes me feel bad that I have NO IDEA WHAT IT IS. Is it good, not a kids show right?

Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great show that everyone should see.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra is the tentative of making the first Young Adult american cartoon show.
It didn't work as it should.

Jarmel

Banned
This is probably the only time I'll ever say this but I wish none of the Korra scribes were touching this. I would rather have some Platinum Writer take a shot at this.

Piccoro

I'm not familiar with western animation. A quick Google search tells me that this series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender?
I've seen a few episodes of the first series, and the Shyamalan movie. I liked the setting and characters.

f*** the Shalayam movie

The 1st series is B:TAS level groundbreaking for a "kids" show
well not really... but there isn't a lot of kids shows in America that try to raise or even reach the bar set by B:TAS

.la1n

Legend of Korra game developed by Platinum Studios? Can't believe what I am reading but I am pretty excited to find out more.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not familiar with western animation. A quick Google search tells me that this series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender?
I've seen a few episodes of the first series, and the Shyamalan movie. I liked the setting and characters.

Watch the first series. It's leagues better than the movie and Korra.

daveo42

Banned
Surprised that Platinum is making this game. I need way more details about the actual combat system before I can get excited about this game.

munchie64

Don't judge ANYTHING in the franchise on that.

I'll even buy the overpriced Gaang DLC if this game ends up being good

please don't fuck this up, Acti. Let Platinum do their thing.

Chindogg

Korra's fine, its just different from TLA. The hate is hella unwarranted.

Super looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Hamlet

Definitely give Avatar The Last Airbender a try but make sure you remove any memory of the Shyamalan film as it completely butches everything to do with avatar

I can just sum up the thread for most people familiar with both entities:

ITS A GAME BY PLATINUM! (yay)

but

Its a Game about Korra (ehh....)

larry-david.gif

Mr. X

It's probably the Mad World team working on. Looking forward to how it ends up and hoping Acti doesn't restrict PG too much. Surprised they went to PG, that's like a "we want it to be good" not a "cash grab" decision.

The publisher always wins....

That said, it is interesting that they are choosing Korra.

Sad that there won't be Toph to play. Oh well, you get the dynamic duo brothers instead! /sigh

But I thought we were all supposed to hate listen/wall-hack gameplay.
:p

DeaviL

Banned
I was expecting this game to be made, this was totally within my expectations...

And then i saw platinum, well fuck

gngf123

I have absolutely no idea how to react to this.

Well, I guess the chances of me owning a Legend of Korra game have increased.

Ferr986

I hope the gameplay is something Platinum would usually deliver, and not some dumbed down thing. If its so Ill buy, even if I dont know the series.

Defuser

Ain't surprised Platinium would do this.

Vanquished bombed, Madworld bombed, Anarchy Regins bombed, Wonderful 101 bombed, Bayonetta didn't meet their expectation so its a bomb too.

Gotta take any job to survive man.

Ivan 3414

Wouldn't it be great that after NeoGAF has done all the accolade-showering for Platinum, they release a children's cartoon video game tie-in that's utterly uninspired and half-assed?

I can't wait for the impending storm.

I don't know anything about The Legend of Korra, but I would now like to learn more! Going to catch up on the series. Platinum can pretty much take all of my duckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom