• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Vaev

Got my second Duo win last night, my 6 kills came within the last 16 players. Epic all around match that ended in Rozhok with me reviving my buddy multiple times, smoke nading the hell out of the street and a couple cool, timely wall jumps.. if anyone wanted to check out the ending https://youtu.be/7lZhin5mjWM?t=35m57s

cfCZWI7.jpg

jet1911

Congrats man! I'm in a similar boat where I've played many hours of this game but still haven't won. I consistently get Top 20 but the win is sooo elusive. Yesterday I was 2nd (😣), 3rd, 5th and 8th during matches. My desire for Chicken is making me go mad.

Luck plays a good part when you reach the top 10. In the game I won the circle closed on where i was so the other guy had to move wich made it a lot easier for me to shoot him.

Does a chicken dinner count if you get it on the Asia server? I think I'm a pretty decent player (of the 11 solo games on NA since the stats were wiped, I've placed final 10 seven times, including 2nd and 3rd-place finishes). I heard the Asia server was really easy and I wanted to check, and on my first game there...

DKlLQbq.jpg

The plane practically flew over the military base, and only one other guy jumped out with me (I was planning to just practice my shooting, and expected to die quickly). So I killed him, kitted up with a KAR and Scar-L, got the first crate (ghillie), and then went to town with my 8x. I then found an SKS and was unstoppable.

I get the feeling it doesn't count, then.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This has prolly been asked a hundred times in this thread, but whats the breakdown on red dot vs holographic?

trs1080

Neo Member
Does a chicken dinner count if you get it on the Asia server? I think I'm a pretty decent player (of the 11 solo games on NA since the stats were wiped, I've placed final 10 seven times, including 2nd and 3rd-place finishes). I heard the Asia server was really easy and I wanted to check, and on my first game there...

It would count in that region, but yeah your regular region wouldn't count it as a stat. Also when you switch regions (or game modes, really), if you haven't played there before, your MMR would be reset and that might be one reason why people find it easier.

Vipu

Banned
It would count in that region, but yeah your regular region wouldn't count it as a stat. Also when you switch regions (or game modes, really), if you haven't played there before, your MMR would be reset and that might be one reason why people find it easier.

Also because of higher ping, give advantage to him.

To other news, that's 50th win:

Grassy

I really struggled finding scopes yesterday, some houses literally had no weapons as well. I think I only found three 4x scopes in 10 games, even the other players I killed didn't have one.

DKlLQbq.jpg

The plane practically flew over the military base, and only one other guy jumped out with me (I was planning to just practice my shooting, and expected to die quickly). So I killed him, kitted up with a KAR and Scar-L, got the first crate (ghillie), and then went to town with my 8x. I then found an SKS and was unstoppable.

My game defaults to the AS server instead of Oceania, so occasionally I'll launch into the Asian server without realising. I have a k/d ratio of 8 and a 100% top 10 ratio, it's pretty easy but a win is a win at the end of the day.

gagecube

Banned
I've got 70ish+ hours in the game and I've only achieved dinner once, in duos, when I was dead haha. I'm not bad by any means, I just tend to get ahead of myself when I'm in the last 2-10 players. I need to try and learn to play the line better than I do, but I'm kind of addicted to hotzones and rushing to where I think the game will end. I'm pretty consistently in the top 5 or top 10 which I'm okay with!

Seeing a lot of posts on reddit saying that the game really needs 16gb of RAM in order to run well - can anyone confirm? I'd like to be able to turn my shadows up a little bit since they make the game look nice, but I've got a 970 and 8gb of ram.

Didn't realize that upgrading to 16gb would be so expensive, I thought RAM had been getting pretty cheap.

-Deimos

Seeing a lot of posts on reddit saying that the game really needs 16gb of RAM in order to run well - can anyone confirm? I'd like to be able to turn my shadows up a little bit since they make the game look nice, but I've got a 970 and 8gb of ram.

Didn't realize that upgrading to 16gb would be so expensive, I thought RAM had been getting pretty cheap.

Me and a friend are playing just fine with 8GB DDR3.

Blizzard

Banned

I also thought RAM had gotten cheap, since it got expensive years ago and then I heard it came down. Nope, even cheap RAM is still expensive. I also got scammed by an Amazon seller doing the ship from China to a fake address thing which made the process more annoying.

Nabs

This game is such a rush. We up against every team head on and won. I haven't had a chicken dinner in a while, so I'm going to go and enjoy this one. Apologies for the garbage screenshot.

Vipu

Banned

I also thought RAM had gotten cheap, since it got expensive years ago and then I heard it came down. Nope, even cheap RAM is still expensive. I also got scammed by an Amazon seller doing the ship from China to a fake address thing which made the process more annoying.

RAM have gotten more expensive since end of last year because of some phone manufacturers making lots of phones, problems with some factory and who knows what else, so there is high demand for memory.

So yeah its kinda bad time to buy RAM and GPU.

Podge293

Had a couple decent games this morning. Top 10 in 5. Top 2 in 1.

Still no chicken dinner. Got robbed in my top 2 game. Seemed to be sitting in that blue zone forever.

Still yet to play a duo or squad game.

970 and 8GB of RAM here and I've got a pretty smooth 60fps for the most part once I've landed. It occasionally dips a bit, but it gets more stable with each patch.

gagecube

Banned
Does anyone actually make use of stun or smoke grenades? I find that I'm never in a position to find them useful. Sometimes, smoke, but rarely if ever stun.

Tovarisc

Does anyone actually make use of stun or smoke grenades? I find that I'm never in a position to find them useful. Sometimes, smoke, but rarely if ever stun.

Stun and flashbangs are garbage you are never supposed to pick up.

Frags and smokes for days.

Protein

Banned
Getting some performance issues on the clear sky weather. I turned down shadows from medium to low and it helped a bit.

Also, what program do you use to make gifs out of your clips?

Bubba77

I had 32mb of used ddr4 laying around for months. Just sold them for more than i bought them new.....mem prices are crazy right now

lazerfox

After 50h without a solo win I finally got my 4th win. Took a break for one week and the first game I play I get an insane Groza streak with 9 kills.

If you are like me and get way too salty when you get shot from behind just take a break from the game.

Also I'm amazed by Bluehole and how much they already fixed, tweaked and added to the game. This is how you do early access right.

Daffy Duck

Getting consistent games in the top 10 but my final positioning is poor.

Also the RNG loot gods don't look favourably on me at the minute which isn't helping things.

TheRed

You've got to be kidding me. Got lvl 3 helmet and vest, killed a guy. Got myself a sniper with an 8x scope and fully attached UMP. I'm ready to go but have to make it to circle, I would die to blue if I didn't keep running straight and the game decides to spawn a red zone right on me and of course it immediately kills me once bombs come down. Dammit.

E-flux

Army is stopping me from playing the newest patch, can't wait to get back home so that i can play the newest patch in the new "weather".

gagecube

Banned
Has anyone ever brought up the idea of adding a defibrillator into the game, maybe as a rare spawn or crate drop? My thought is that it could turn the tides of the late game. If one of your squad dies, maybe the defib could bring them back to life only for a few seconds. Just enough time to maybe get some shots off, maybe get a last kill, and then die for good.

I know that in real life, defibs don't bring the dead back to life, but this game is about to incorporate space suits for armor, so it's just a random thought lmao

Top Bottom