• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSReborn

I honestly can't wait to see more of the metagame associated with landing and dodging Supers. They tease it slightly in the trailers. For instance in the Jak's trailer how he uses his hoverboard to dodge Radec's level 2 or how in Spikes trailer he uses his teleport dash to dodge Toro's level 1. Also how people have certain hitconfirms for their level 1's like Kratos and Heihachi. Breaking all that stuff down is gonna be so fun.

It's entirely subjective, but I fucking adore BlazBlue's story.
sUKOO.gif

i knew you were smart noi

Archon473

Yeah those are pretty cool.

Although i will say its not really a combo always, but really just a bunch of resets. Not that thats not perfectly viable, but still.

Some are true combos and some are juggles capitalizing on the opponent not air dodging/shaking out of tumble/utilizing Directional Influence. However, all characters can create true combos. Character percentage alters knockback. This tends to allow for a longer vulnerable state but may require more diligent chasing. Melee's training mode did not allow for CPU automatic blocking/dodging after returning to a regular non-juggle state, so certain combos in those videos are pure flash. Players had to develop practical combos cooperatively.

EDIT: I hope you all have seen Jeremiah Johnson. I am certain you'll grow more fond of the character knowing more than just that .gif of him.

SSReborn

So I rewatched the Mash Up video and I noticed that the rocket thing that was hovering around Radec shot after Dante's projectile attack; so I'm assuming thats the use of that paticular item.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Noi, I'm not going to quote your post, since I'm lazy, but I want to say thanks for answering my questions, and I totally understand where you're coming from.

Since I've played the vast majority of the games repped in this game, that is the main reason why it appeals to me, and I can see why, if you aren't as familiar with some of them, why their inclusion wouldn't excite you as much.

I'd love to see more RPG reps as well. if we're honest with ourselves, games like Dark Cloud 1&2, Jeanne d'Arc, Okage: The Shadow King, Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, etc, aren't nearly as recognizable to the vast majority of gamers that this type of game would appeal to than God of War, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, etc.

At the end of the day, this game still has to make money. I want Dart, Rose, Max, Monica, Jen Tate, Jeanne, Stan, etc as well, but I understand that they aren't exactly going to move units if the roster is populated with them.

You simply have to have Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Cole, in this roster. They simply cannot be traded out for the niche characters. Same goes for Sir Dan, PaRappa, and Spike, because for many PS fans, they are just as important.

There may be an argument for the 3rd party roster, but that's because PlayStation's 3rd party history is so big, you'd need an additional 20+ character slots to accommodate the top choices. There may also be an argument for characters like Nariko, Evil Cole, Fat Princess, and Radec, but even then, Heavenly Sword sold rather well (about a million or so units), and Nariko is pretty awesome. Many of the guys at Superbot have ties to Fat Princess, so I can't begrudge them a vanity pick. Evil Cole is Evil Cole, what can I say. If he wasn't in the game, I'd have felt that inFAMOUS wasn't repped well enough, since being good and evil is a big part of Cole's character. Radec is a badass, and Killzone is an awesome franchise, not to mention Helghast's are probably one of the most iconic looking antagonists in the PlayStation library.

We don't have the full game in our hands, so I'm just waiting to see what kind of easter eggs and nods to other franchises Superbot has put into this game, since it's simply impossible to have the entire roster be filled with every character we want, whether first, second, or third party.

Just knowing that Bamusu's axe, and the shield from wipEout are items in the game (and some Resistance weapons as well), makes me feel a bit better about them not getting character reps.

Thanks again for the thoughtful response, and of course I don't take it personally. What I do take personally, is you schooling us all with Radec in the beta. XP

spwolf

Noi, I'm not going to quote your post, since I'm lazy, but I want to say thanks for answering my questions, and I totally understand where you're coming from.

Since I've played the vast majority of the games repped in this game, that is the main reason why it appeals to me, and I can see why, if you aren't as familiar with some of them, why their inclusion wouldn't excite you as much.

I'd love to see more RPG reps as well. if we're honest with ourselves, games like Dark Cloud 1&2, Jeanne d'Arc, Okage: The Shadow King, Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, etc, aren't nearly as recognizable to the vast majority of gamers that this type of game would appeal to than God of War, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, etc.

At the end of the day, this game still has to make money. I want Dart, Rose, Max, Monica, Jen Tate, Jeanne, Stan, etc as well, but I understand that they aren't exactly going to move units if the roster is populated with them.

You simply have to have Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Cole, in this roster. They simply cannot be traded out for the niche characters. Same goes for Sir Dan, PaRappa, and Spike, because for many PS fans, they are just as important.

There may be an argument for the 3rd party roster, but that's because PlayStation's 3rd party history is so big, you'd need an additional 20+ character slots to accommodate the top choices. There may also be an argument for characters like Nariko, Evil Cole, Fat Princess, and Radec, but even then, Heavenly Sword sold rather well (about a million or so units), and Nariko is pretty awesome. Many of the guys at Superbot have ties to Fat Princess, so I can't begrudge them a vanity pick. Evil Cole is Evil Cole, what can I say. If he wasn't in the game, I'd have felt that inFAMOUS wasn't repped well enough, since being good and evil is a big part of Cole's character. Radec is a badass, and Killzone is an awesome franchise, not to mention Helghast's are probably one of the most iconic looking antagonists in the PlayStation library.

We don't have the full game in our hands, so I'm just waiting to see what kind of easter eggs and nods to other franchises Superbot has put into this game, since it's simply impossible to have the entire roster be filled with every character we want, whether first, second, or third party.

Just knowing that Bamusu's axe, and the shield from wipEout are items in the game (and some Resistance weapons as well), makes me feel a bit better about them not getting character reps.

Thanks again for the thoughtful response, and of course I don't take it personally. What I do take personally, is you schooling us all with Radec in the beta. XP

wtf are you doing here with this incredibly positive thinking? This days it is all about watching for any slight issue you could notice and blowing it up to epic proportions.

Stop this insanity please!

j/k :).

Drago

This thread is so upsetting and argumentative nowadays

I wish we can go back to before the leaks. Those were happier times :'(

Noi

I knew there was a reason I liked Noi.

You mean it's not my good looks and charming personality? :(

Well, it's like I said, I mostly don't feel as impressed about Sony's "expected" characters taking up the majority of the current roster. I do agree that those characters shouldn't be replaced by more niche ones... but I WOULD trade every current third party for a more niche first party. The purely cross-marketing angle (for unreleased games, no less) for Big Daddy, Raiden and Dino rub me the wrong way, more so because if they asked for X character but the third party company told them they could only use Y character in Z form, that didn't man that Superbot HAD to go through with it. Same with Evil Cole, in a way, since I can't imagine no one at SB thought there'd be no backlash to two versions of the same character.

I liken it to Dr. Mario in Melee (and I can hear the claims of "but Cole has a different moveset!" already): If Mr. Mario didn't exist in Melee (with no replacement), no one would miss him. Because he is in the game, he's viewed negatively as a terrible roster pick. They're characters that, IMO, draw more negativity and criticism to the roster than if they weren't there. In other words, just because you have the option to include them in the game, doesn't mean it's the best idea. (Note that, outside of Dino, I actually like Big Daddy, Raiden and Heihachi as characters. I just think they have no place being in this game)

Radec is actually a pretty smart choice as a Killzone rep. I don't care for the series, but the Helghast are much more iconic and recognizable than the ISA, and Radec is/was the most badass Helghast. I'll admit that I mostly just don't like the others (Nariko, FP) that much, but they definitely feel a bit out of place in the grand scheme of things. If anything, I'd say the game needed a character when the game was revealed to get people talking like Snake for Smash Bros Brawl, whether it was Heihachi or Raiden (since they're the most tied to PS as a brand).

Eh, I'm willing to admit that I'm just frustrated by the roller coaster that's been the marketing for this game. I can picture myself being much more satisfied with the current roster had it been presented in a more favorable light than "oh shit, let's rush every character reveal then say nothing for a month". I'm not trusting a damn word Paul Gale says anymore, that's for sure.

Yeah I think something has to be done about that. :/

Since I'm getting things out of my system, I may as well point out that you're the worst poster in this thread. You do nothing but tell other people to not talk about things, group anyone with any form of complain about it as a hater, stifle otherwise healthy discussion with one setence posts like "You're not allowed to speak that way" or "you guys should talk about something else" and just shoot down everyone who could possibly think anything different than you. I give Figboy more respect for actually articulating his thoughts (even if his posts can be tiring to read at times) than I do your constant bitching.

This is the discussion thread for PlayStation All-Stars, if I have something to talk about/complain about PlayStation All-Stars, I'm going to damn well do so.

Oh I forgot to post some impressions from my time with the Best Buy Demo!

First off, the demo was not even the build that was present in the Crossplay Beta that just ended. It had the updated Super Notifications and look to the meters, however, the meter did not show the numerical value of each hit, so perhaps this is a build closer to what we saw at Gamescom.

Another thing I noticed is that PaRappa's level 2 was closer in length to private beta than the newer crossplay beta.

Now for what people really want to know:

BIG DADDY

• Dudes a tank and moves like one
  • Although he does pack a couple of moves that allow for some traversal
  • Not an aerial character at all, from what I can tell the only Aerial traversal move he had actually brought him back to the ground at a diaganol.
  • Surprisingly he has a few trap attacks to aid him
  • Plasma gun can be fired from the ground and air and stuns the enemy allowing you to close in for a super or combo
  • Can also set Ice traps that freeze characters for the same effect.
  • Absolute bruiser up close, and the ground pound works exceptionally well when surrounded
  • As for supers
  • Level 1 - Little Sister jumps out from behind and lands at about the distance of Fatty P's Level 1. The key difference is that she takes an arc and can hit people in front of and directly above you. Great for multi tiered levels.
  • Level 2 - Rage mode, Turns red and gains incredible movement. Lasts a decent amount and can get 3+ kills. Comparable to Fatty Ps Chicken where you have to attack character while in this state, but much more mobile than the chicken
  • Level 3 - Completely Submerses the level in water and leaves opponents completely vulnerable. Last long enough to get kills on the respawn. Will be deadly if timed when everyone is together.

JAK & DAXTER

• If Big Daddy is the tank, Jak & Daxter is a freaking ninja
  • Incredibly fluid and agile, and has great traversal moves.
  • Kind of a gadget character, using a sentry, gravity pad, and multiple guns allow for creative combos
  • Has a great spin attack for when you get caught in the thick of it. Imagine Sweet Tooth's Chainsaw Lariat but with the ability to move left and right.
  • Builds AP really fast, Almost as well as Sweet Tooth but not as fast I felt.
  • As for Supers
  • Level 1 - Becomes electrified and jumps straight up. Range is directly in front of and behind and above. Imagine being on LBP stage he would kill those standing next to him and those above him on the lowest branch.
  • Level 2 - Leaps Forward and smashes down on the ground. Really nice area of effect, but will take great placement and timing to be effective. Not sure if it has vertical Splash damage.
  • Level 3 - One of my favorites so far. You go into like a dark angel mode where you are levitating and you move around the level very easy because of this. Imagine Kratos' level 3 with out being tied to the ground. Yep it sounds awesome right?

On a final note Jak and Daxter's Level 3 makes me giddy to think Kat could have a floating level 3 as well but maybe work in a lock on mechanic. A man can dream!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
wtf are you doing here with this incredibly positive thinking? This days it is all about watching for any slight issue you could notice and blowing it up to epic proportions.

Stop this insanity please!

j/k :).

Lol. Very true.

I'm pretty burned out on this thread. It's turned into absolute insanity this past week. It's going to be interesting when the game is finally released, and people have moved on from the bullshit.

Noi

Lol. Very true.

I'm pretty burned out on this thread. It's turned into absolute insanity this past week. It's going to be interesting when the game is finally released, and people have moved on from the bullshit.

spwolf
If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.
(Today, 08:55 PM)

;D

Drago

I would think that Sony considers this game to be one of their biggest holiday titles (which isn't saying a lot), and I wouldn't be surprised if the game was bundled with the Black Friday PS3. Could get into a lot of hands that way.

Outside that though, yeah 200k may be reasonable for the holidays I think. I'm no sales analyst though :p

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
spwolf
If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.
(Today, 08:55 PM)

;D

LOL. I noticed that too!

@man is obsolete, thanks for those impressions of BD and Jak! I'm a big Bioshock fan, and although I find his inclusion in this game odd, he's looking pretty badass, and honestly, when people make lists of the most memorable characters of this generation, Big Daddy will be one of them (along with John Marston, Nathan Drake, GlaDOS, etc).

I find it interesting that with all of the cross marketing talk, no one mentions that Big Daddy isn't even in Bioshock: Infinite.

I can't wait for the public beta and the demo to release. I think this will be one of those games that demos really well. There have been quite a few games that I've almost passed on, but the demo sold me on them (ie, Sleeping Dogs, and Kingdoms of Amalur).

EDIT: Ugh, sales talk. Have we really reached that point already?

Some of my favorite games of all time have bombed horribly with sales (Ico, Shadow of Destiny, Second Sight, to name only a few). I can't say what PBR will do sales wise, and I honestly don't care. It will sell what it sells. Looking at how Sony has handled other games that haven't lit the world up with sales (ie, Starhawk), perhaps they'll work it into PS+ in the future. I think it's way too early to speculate on it.

it would be interesting to see the sales data for this game in US, which is the target market.

I'm thinking around 200k.

Socom 4, which was an absolute travesty and wasn't even a good game and had a terrible beta impressions sold around 500-600k. On top of that it released in the PSN lockout. lol. So I think a game featuring Sackboy, Kratos, and Drake all together in the busiest time of the year should be able to top that.

Edit: Starhawk also had terrible beta feedback and I could see the bad sales a mile away. The build and battle just doesn't work in an all or nothing atmosphere, and people were bored in the beta and were getting base raped every other match. That said I am shocked at the level of post game support. Kudos to Lightbox and Sony sticking with it.

I remember early in this game's public existence, the team was incredibly confident that they had all the essentials.

I remember an interview asking "So were there any characters who were really hard to get?"

and it was either Omar or the Asian guy who said "Nope. We've been really lucky."

Can't believe it turned out like this.

Socom 4, which was an absolute travesty and wasn't even a good game and had a terrible beta impressions sold around 500-600k. On top of that it released in the PSN lockout. lol. So I think a game featuring Sackboy, Kratos, and Drake all together in the busiest time of the year should be able to top that.
But isn't Socom, like, SUPER popular? The old ones were if I remember correctly.

kuroshiki

I would think that Sony considers this game to be one of their biggest holiday titles (which isn't saying a lot), and I wouldn't be surprised if the game was bundled with the Black Friday PS3. Could get into a lot of hands that way.

Outside that though, yeah 200k may be reasonable for the holidays I think. I'm no sales analyst though :p

This holiday season does look pretty barren for Sony's field. MS has Halo4 so they got that covered. I would be actually pretty impressed if this breaks 200k without bundling in holiday season.

I even think that's being optimistic.

I have a feeling that this game is really gonna bomb.

I'm sure in Japan it's not even gonna cross 15k. It will bomb BAD. But with bundling, in US it might reach 200k. But then again this game is going against AC3, Halo 4... so who knows? It might be one of Sony's biggest failure ever.

Edit: Starhawk also had terrible beta feedback and I could see the bad sales a mile away. The build and battle just doesn't work in an all or nothing atmosphere, and people were bored in the beta and were getting base raped every other match. That said I am shocked at the level of post game support. Kudos to Lightbox and Sony sticking with it.

Socom 4 is established title and released during april without any real competition... and it is dude bro shooting game. Also I would like to note that Socom 4 didn't sold half million right off the bat.

BR is facing some heavy competition from other heavy hitters though...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
*shrugs* Things change. Game development is not a constant. It's always fluctuating as the project gets closer and closer to release.

I have to say that I'll be pretty pissed if this game bombs, because it doesn't deserve it. I've played quite a few truly shitty games this generation, where it felt like the developer just phoned it in (see this generation's Silent Hill games for one example), and if a genuinely fun game like this can't perform well, well, I just don't know. It's disheartening, especially with all the talk on GAF about how "game play is king."

The game play of PBR is lots of fun, even if it's not perfect. The roster can be added to as time passes, so that doesn't bother me if we only get 20 on disc characters, and some DLC characters. Maybe it's because I came into this game not expecting my dream roster to all be present, which is why the news of no more launch character announcements doesn't bother me like it does others.

I'm sure in Japan it's not even gonna cross 15k. It will bomb BAD. But with bundling, in US it might reach 200k. But then again this game is going against AC3, Halo 4... so who knows? It might be one of Sony's biggest failure ever.
Don't forget that it's also going up against probably the two biggest releases of the year: Black Ops 2 and the Wii U. As much as I want the game to sell so we get some cool DLC/a better sequel, it just won't at this rate, especially after the travesty that was yesterday. And with only about 1 or so characters for the Japanese audience, it's weird they're even thinking of releasing it there. I think Drake's sorta popular in Japan, right...?

kuroshiki

I remember early in this game's public existence, the team was incredibly confident that they had all the essentials.

I remember an interview asking "So were there any characters who were really hard to get?"

and it was either Omar or the Asian guy who said "Nope. We've been really lucky."

Can't believe it turned out like this.

Wow. if this is 'lucky' roaster, I don't even want to think about roaster without luck.

But yes I agree. When this was first announced I was defending it to death against hordes of nintendo fanboys claiming this as a rip off. But after the completed roaster reveal I'm not even sure what am I fighting for. =P

But isn't Socom, like, SUPER popular? The old ones were if I remember correctly.

It is very popular but really hasn't had a solid entry in 10 years. Socom Confrontation tarnished the brand a lot more, but yes quite a few of those sales were from the Socom faithful that were hoping Zipper could return it to it's former glory. BTW Socom 4 released against Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat, no slouches by any means.

OT, I know Battle Royale is not an established franchise, like Socom, but it features a lot of established franchises and also tickles that itch many Sony fans have been wanting for awhile, a Smash game of their own. I agree the holidays is a more competitive window, but it is also a time of the year people spend a lot more and buy gifts for people, and Sony exclusives in the past have sold well in this slot even in the midst of competition. Believe it or not, not everyone buys Call of Duty or only Call of Duty.

Eh I'm not worrying about the sales. As long as we have a few solid 30K daily users who play online I'm good. What they need to do is inundate us with pre hype trailers, commercials and bundles.

Eh I'm not worrying about the sales. As long as we have a few solid 30K daily users who play online I'm good. What they need to do is inundate us with pre hype trailers, commercials and bundles.

Me either really, I just think 200k is extremely low estimate. Unless they are talking first week only. But they sound like they are making Life time estimates.

kuroshiki

Me either really, I just think 200k is extremely low estimate. Unless they are talking first week only. But they sound like they are making Life time estimates.

Well I was actually talking about life time estimate. =P and I didn't include Vita sale which is included in this game...

I know amazon sales ranking is not an awesome measure of estimating sales data, but BR is now #329 of videogame sales, and #14 in fighting game sales. It's not absolute factor, but sure it doesn't look that hot either. It's at least safe to say that hype for this game is pretty much dead at this point.

Don't forget that it's also going up against probably the two biggest releases of the year: Black Ops 2 and the Wii U. As much as I want the game to sell so we get some cool DLC/a better sequel, it just won't at this rate, especially after the travesty that was yesterday. And with only about 1 or so characters for the Japanese audience, it's weird they're even thinking of releasing it there. I think Drake's sorta popular in Japan, right...?

He's not as popular as he should be in Japan. I don't blame them though, JP voice acting for uncharted was kinda... meh.

kuroshiki

*shrugs* Things change. Game development is not a constant. It's always fluctuating as the project gets closer and closer to release.

I have to say that I'll be pretty pissed if this game bombs, because it doesn't deserve it
. I've played quite a few truly shitty games this generation, where it felt like the developer just phoned it in (see this generation's Silent Hill games for one example), and if a genuinely fun game like this can't perform well, well, I just don't know. It's disheartening, especially with all the talk on GAF about how "game play is king."

The game play of PBR is lots of fun, even if it's not perfect. The roster can be added to as time passes, so that doesn't bother me if we only get 20 on disc characters, and some DLC characters. Maybe it's because I came into this game not expecting my dream roster to all be present, which is why the news of no more launch character announcements doesn't bother me like it does others.

Now you know how Valkyria Chronicles fans feel.

and GAF is not exactly the place claiming 'gameplay is the king'. Last time I checked quite a lot of graphic whore and niche market people were here. =P

Well I was actually talking about life time estimate. =P and I didn't include Vita sale which is included in this game...

I know amazon sales ranking is not an awesome measure of estimating sales data, but BR is now #329 of videogame sales, and #14 in fighting game sales. It's not absolute factor, but sure it doesn't look that hot either. It's at least safe to say that hype for this game is pretty much dead at this point.

He's not as popular as he should be in Japan. I don't blame them though, JP voice acting for uncharted was kinda... meh.

Eh, it also has about 6-7 weeks til release. And that ranking list includes consoles and Xbox live cards that they always have on sale as well a lot of crazy sales.

Eh, whatever, it will sell what it will sell. I can only impact 1 unit of sales, the rest I can't be bothered to be concerned with. I know there is a lot of interest in the game among my circle of friends, including before the game was even announced lol. So at the very least I will have a blast playing the game with them along with Gaffers online.

PS. I do think they can generate a ton of interest with a successful public beta and especially an offline demo. If the last two betas are any indication they could really hit a home run in the public beta.

baekshi

Banned
Well if this is the final roster....they have long way to convince me buying this game.

My answer would have been the same if the leak didn't happen.

kuroshiki

Eh, it also has about 6-7 weeks til release. And that ranking list includes consoles and Xbox live cards that they always have on sale as well a lot of crazy sales.

Eh, whatever, it will sell what it will sell. I can only impact 1 unit of sales, the rest I can't be bothered to be concerned with. I know there is a lot of interest in the game among my circle of friends, including before the game was even announced lol. So at the very least I will have a blast playing the game with them along with Gaffers online.

PS. I do think they can generate a ton of interest with a successful public beta and especially an offline demo. If the last two betas are any indication they could really hit a home run in the public beta.

That's actually healthy way of thinking. Not much a single individual can do when it comes to game sales. =(

As long as you as an individual enjoying the game, I guess that's the highest respect you can pay to developer. XD

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Now you know how Valkyria Chronicles fans feel.

and GAF is not exactly the place claiming 'gameplay is the king'. Last time I checked quite a lot of graphic whore and niche market people were here. =P

Well, I'm one of those Valkyria Chronicles fans, so, yeah, I do know how they feel. Lol.

I'm a graphics whore, but I never understood the notion that graphics and gameplay are mutually exclusive. I think they both serve the same ends, and when they work together, you get something incredibly special.

Look at Okami, for example. Beautiful art design and visuals, and the game play is also amazing. In my many, many years as a gamer, I have to say I've come across very, very few games that were graphics over game play. Generally, some of the best looking games happened to have pretty amazing game play as well.

Super Mario Bros 3, for example, was considered one of the best looking games on the NES at the time. It also happened to have amazing game play. RE4 is gorgeous, and also has game play to match. Ditto for Smash Bros, MGS, God of War, DMC, etc, etc. The Witcher 2, the list goes on and on for games that have excellent visuals and game play. Pixel Junk Eden/Monsters/Shooter/Sidescroller. Bastion. Limbo.

Good graphics don't mean pure polygon pushing. I think All Stars looks pretty good, especially in person, running on an actual system. The screens and videos haven't really done it justice, I think.

kuroshiki

Well, I'm one of those Valkyria Chronicles fans, so, yeah, I do know how they feel. Lol.

I'm a graphics whore, but I never understood the notion that graphics and gameplay are mutually exclusive. I think they both serve the same ends, and when they work together, you get something incredibly special.

Look at Okami, for example. Beautiful art design and visuals, and the game play is also amazing. In my many, many years as a gamer, I have to say I've come across very, very few games that were graphics over game play. Generally, some of the best looking games happened to have pretty amazing game play as well.

Super Mario Bros 3, for example, was considered one of the best looking games on the NES at the time. It also happened to have amazing game play. RE4 is gorgeous, and also has game play to match. Ditto for Smash Bros, MGS, God of War, DMC, etc, etc. The Witcher 2, the list goes on and on for games that have excellent visuals and game play. Pixel Junk Eden/Monsters/Shooter/Sidescroller. Bastion. Limbo.

Good graphics don't mean pure polygon pushing. I think All Stars looks pretty good, especially in person, running on an actual system. The screens and videos haven't really done it justice, I think.

Lol. I think I didn't explain it very well. I was just trying to say that game play = solves everything doesn't really work well here in GAF. (As much as everyone pretending 'OMG GAMEPLAY', factors other than gameplay plays huge role here)

For example characters for character game IS deciding factor for people to buy a game. I bought Tatsunoko Fight for PS1 back in 2000. I'm telling you, it was a SHITTY game. Even by year 2000's standard, it was just bad.

But I enjoyed it a lot and still cherish it. You know why? Because it got Gatchaman, Tekkaman, and fucking HURRICANE POLYMER were there. Heck everytime you play the game you can hear the theme of each corresponding anime.

Now that's fanservice. =)

which I wished to see in this game too. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom