• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreweyes

Don't take this as 100% confirmation but the guy leaking the beta music just uploaded a video about snakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZPL4PWTqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
People are saying its hinting at snake crash cloud and wander and spyro.
He also said its more than 14 stages in the game.

ie4dm.gif

...wtf am I looking at Cooldog?

Edit: ah ok... dammit, just when I was put out of my misery..

Where do u see Crash Cloud Wander and Spyro!? People are just fooling themselves. Though, at best, it hints at Snake

PSY・S;42687420 said:
Can this roller coaster end already :|

Either he's in or he's not! C'mawwwwn!

Funny thing is, I trust this Youtuber because:

1) he's leaked some of the stuff with voiceovers and all that
2) He's modest, not looking for extra hits or prolonging anything
3) His hint is also modest and simply just there, no hype, no explanation, just Snakes
4) He's Canadian

libregkd

Don't take this as 100% confirmation but the guy leaking the beta music just uploaded a video about snakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZPL4PWTqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
People are saying its hinting at snake crash cloud and wander and spyro.
He also said its more than 14 stages in the game.
More than 14 stages? Now that would be a pleasant surprise. Wonder what else they could draw from; hope there are more from series not represented by a playable character (Like the Loco Roco stage).

Noi

3) His hint is also modest and simply just there, no hype, no explanation, just Snakes
4) He's Canadian

This youtuber is the leaker we want, but not the leaker we deserve.

Mr. Fix

Then again, I'm not sure if he's always so serious. A couple weeks ago he was adamant about these characters being in,

On the 17th:

rumba said:
no it's 26.

Snake, Crash, Ryu, Kat, Cloud, and Sora.

7 days prior:

Snake, Ryu, Kat, Lightning, and Sora.

where are Cloud, Crash, Spyro, and Lara???? T________T

I forgot when the beta when up, and I don't doubt his hacking skills, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to take him seriously yet. Keep in mind, he was really adamant that these were the real deal back then.

Ran rp

4) He's Canadian

5) Upping that video was hilarious, whether or not it was an actual hint.

But seriously, I agree with you. I may not trust him 100% but everything he's leaked seems legit to me. This could be him having a little fun in the midst of the SuperBot/Paul Gale/PR drama but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

^^ looks like he could be joking around. Even if he is, I got a good laugh out of it.

shink

4) He's Canadian
Haha.

This situation is so confusing and I'm over it until we get some real news. I want to play the beta but it says it's offline =/

Kurod

Banned
The emotional highs and lows of this pre-release hullabaloo are getting crazy. I think I'm just going to try and stay skeptical of all leaks and remain as calm as possible from now until November twentieth.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
And here we go again.

Come on, guys, why are you doing this to yourselves?

I never listened to Paul Gale. I never listened to the Mink (no offense, Mink, but I just don't follow rumors, even when they come from someone as on the level as you: I just prefer to wait for actual confirmation). I'll wait until Superbot gives us what they are going to give us.

At the moment, I'm only expecting more featurettes like the stage mash up one they put on the PS Blog. I'm not expecting any characters (maybe DLC, I suppose, but I'm not sure if they'll be revealed before launch), or anything like that.

For once in the history of GAF, keep your damn expectations in check. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment otherwise.

Oh GOD, now there's a new potential leaker?! Just when I thought this was over and we could settle into our collective disappointment...

Haha, I'm so over this "hope" thing. :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much the only reasonable reason Superbot isn't correcting the perception that there's only 20 character is because there is only 20 characters. At best thats some on disc stuff for future dlc, if anything.

Noi

And here we go again.

I never listened to Paul Gale. I never listened to the Mink (no offense, Mink, but I just don't follow rumors, even when they come from someone as on the level as you: I just prefer to wait for actual confirmation). I'll wait until Superbot gives us what they are going to give us.

At the moment, I'm only expecting more featurettes like the stage mash up one they put on the PS Blog. I'm not expecting any characters (maybe DLC, I suppose, but I'm not sure if they'll be revealed before launch), or anything like that.

For once in the history of GAF, keep your damn expectations in check. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment otherwise.

I can see past your feeble attempts at deceit and misdirection. I bid you GOOD DAY, SIR.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I can see past your feeble attempts at deceit and attempts and misdirection. I bid you GOOD DAY, SIR.

All I'm saying, is, I heard Donkey Kong is gonna be in this game. But it doesn't matter if he's on the disc or not, I just heard he's in.

TheMink

And here we go again.

None taken!.....

ismonaetZtws3.gif

Noi

All I'm saying, is, I heard Donkey Kong is gonna be in this game. But it doesn't matter if he's on the disc or not, I just heard he's in.

Hmm.

Donkey Kong. DK's main enemies are the Kremlings. Kremlings mostly resemble crocodiles. Crocodiles are reptiles. Snakes are also reptiles and among the enemies in some of DK's games... My god.

Snake confirmed
for Brawl.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
None taken!.....

ismonaetZtws3.gif

Hmm.

Donkey Kong. DK's main enemies are the Kremlings. Kremlings mostly resemble crocodiles. Crocodiles are reptiles. Snakes are also reptiles and among the enemies in some of DK's games... My god.

Snake confirmed
for Brawl.

LOL.

I knew Snake would be in the game!
(He actually might be, to be honest, just not on disc)

Oh brother.....I don't know what to think anymore. Best to just wait and see what Superbot has to confirm.

The only thing that keeps bothering me is the fact that Sid Shuman has twice said via twitter and the blog comments that all launch characters have been revealed. Now that guy should be fairly close to the situation and know more than we do, but at the same token when asked if there was a dragon from Lair attacking on the Stowaway level he said I don't know I will have to look again. Not to mention announcing it in that way is like the worst way to do it, and he doesn't even work for Superbot.
maybe Sid is next on Sony's hit list, I wish no ill will, but.....

Throw on top of this:

That interview with Omar where he says expect more at TGS. Someone have the video for this, can't find it. Why wasn't anything shown at TGS, I don't know but it sounds like there was a lot of mis-communication going on.

Seth Killian mentions in an interview from the Giant Bomb live event that they have more surprises from a PS1 game(s).

We hear from the fans about that stuff all the time…trying to represent those characters and bring everybody out to sort of play and made explicit effort to not just make it about PS3 or even about PS2, definitely goes back to PS1 as well. You’ll know what I’m talking about very shortly. It’s good stuff.

There's the old Yorda on the Superbot computer pic.

Lastly there are hints everywhere that the cast is over 20, including from Superbot themselves. Vendor listings previously all say over 20 (they got that info from Sony most likely)

So yea, I don't know anymore. My biggest fear with DLC is that it may fracture the game community if it isn't free ala Starhawk and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and everyone is forced to gain access to the DLC via a patch.

Takao

Banned

4) He's Canadian

Goku's in this game. There I said it.

http://i.imgur.com/ie4dm.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha.

All these "leakers" just need to step off.

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln1oqnALu71qiat37.gif

4) He's Canadian

Wander is in the game. As are Max, Monica, Sora, Zidane and Goliad (third-party character).

200k life sales? I'd imagine NA sells way over that alone and EU sales wont bomb either. I have said this before but I think this has cards to reach 1 million life sales. Definately over 200k even if its a terrible bomba in Japan.

As for the Rumba I'm not believing anything until I see some legit files. He'd most likely be DLC anyhoo.

Jawmuncher

200k life sales? I'd imagine NA sells way over that alone and EU sales wont bomb either. I have said this before but I think this has cards to reach 1 million life sales. Definately over 200k even if its a terrible bomba in Japan.

As for the Rumba I'm not believing anything until I see some legit files. He'd most likely be DLC anyhoo.

The biggest deal about sales is how they advertise it.
Im sure well start seeing a lot of stuff come early november late october.

Though not do a system pack in with the redesign (Why Uncharted 3?) was a missed oppurtunity.

The biggest deal about sales is how they advertise it.
Im sure well start seeing a lot of stuff come early november late october.

Though not do a system pack in with the redesign (Why Uncharted 3?) was a missed oppurtunity.

Because this game has not yet released silly. Europe has PSASBR bundle and I think NA will see one too.

I-hate-u

Why doesn't Superbot just come out and outright just say how many stages, characters, modes are in the game? There are less than 2 months left for this game to come out.

Has anyone played this. My friend went Eurogamer expo yesterday and is his words he thought it was "shit"

Probably got crushed. Lol. Honestly a public venue can be a tough place to gather a true feel for a game. Hopefully when the public beta hits your friend will give it another go, because it is far from "shit".

Has anyone played this. My friend went Eurogamer expo yesterday and is his words he thought it was "shit"

Firstly, your friend is exaggerating based on a very brief look at the game. I was at the Eurogamer Expo this week, and the show was absolutely packed. Tentpole titles like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale had a decent crowd of people around them, and it's really hard to get a feel for a game when you button-mash your way through a three-minute round and then walk away. But then, that's always the problem for most games at these consumer events.

On a more positive note, though, the game had a big presence at the show which suggests that SCEE's actually going to support it, unlike some other SCEA developed titles (Starhawk, Twisted Metal). They must have had about 12 televisions showing the game, which was more than any other Sony title at the show.

It was the latest build they were showing, with all of the currently announced characters and stages included. I'm not as familiar with the intricacies of the beta as some of you guys, but you could tell the presentation has improved. For example, the character artwork in menu screens was much better. Supers somehow seemed more pronounced too, but perhaps that's just me.

Having said that, I'm still not a huge fan of the overall presentation of the game. I'm hoping that the title screen and menus are completely overhauled once again for the final version. Even though they look much better right now, they're still bland when this game should be oozing character.

I had a little play around with Nariko and Sackboy, but as I mentioned earlier, it's impossible to really learn anything from a single round in a crowded environment. I wish I could tell you more, but I'd need to sit away with the game in a locked room for a couple of hours first.

What I can tell you is that there seemed to be some excitement around the game. Even if it was just curiosity, people were stopping by the booth to get a look at the game and chatting about it with friends. When people were dropping Level 3 supers, there was a tangible excitement from spectators too -- which is perhaps the response SuperBot was looking for when designing the game. You know, the whole "Ooooh" impulse that's a general reaction when something awesome happens.

I am baffled by the cynicism and scrutiny that this game's facing, but I think /if/ people are willing to give it a chance, it's going to be a really fun experience at parties and gatherings. From what I've played of the beta too, the extraordinary netcode is going to make it a hit for serious competitive players too.

My only real worry -- personally, I like the roster -- is that it doesn't go far enough with the PlayStation nostalgia on a superficial layer. Every facet of the presentation should be brimming with something goofy, and that's not quite there yet. According to Seth Killian on a recent PS Blog that's something they're working on now -- so I hope they go absolutely nuts. It's the little touches that make these games. Y'know, loading screens should be rolling LocoRocos or whatever. You shouldn't be able to play the game without something making you smile.

Firstly, your friend is exaggerating based on a very brief look at the game. I was at the Eurogamer Expo this week, and the show was absolutely packed. Tentpole titles like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale had a decent crowd of people around them, and it's really hard to get a feel for a game when you button-mash your way through a three-minute round and then walk away. But then, that's always the problem for most games at these consumer events.

On a more positive note, though, the game had a big presence at the show which suggests that SCEE's actually going to support it, unlike some other SCEA developed titles (Starhawk, Twisted Metal). They must have had about 12 televisions showing the game, which was more than any other Sony title at the show.

It was the latest build they were showing, with all of the currently announced characters and stages included. I'm not as familiar with the intricacies of the beta as some of you guys, but you could tell the presentation has improved. For example, the character artwork in menu screens was much better. Supers somehow seemed more pronounced too, but perhaps that's just me.

Having said that, I'm still not a huge fan of the overall presentation of the game. I'm hoping that the title screen and menus are completely overhauled once again for the final version. Even though they look much better right now, they're still bland when this game should be oozing character.

I had a little play around with Nariko and Sackboy, but as I mentioned earlier, it's impossible to really learn anything from a single round in a crowded environment. I wish I could tell you more, but I'd need to sit away with the game in a locked room for a couple of hours first.

What I can tell you is that there seemed to be some excitement around the game. Even if it was just curiosity, people were stopping by the booth to get a look at the game and chatting about it with friends. When people were dropping Level 3 supers, there was a tangible excitement from spectators too -- which is perhaps the response SuperBot was looking for when designing the game. You know, the whole "Ooooh" impulse that's a general reaction when something awesome happens.

I am baffled by the cynicism and scrutiny that this game's facing, but I think /if/ people are willing to give it a chance, it's going to be a really fun experience at parties and gatherings. From what I've played of the beta too, the extraordinary netcode is going to make it a hit for serious competitive players too.

My only real worry -- personally, I like the roster -- is that it doesn't go far enough with the PlayStation nostalgia on a superficial layer. Every facet of the presentation should be brimming with something goofy, and that's not quite there yet. According to Seth Killian on a recent PS Blog that's something they're working on now -- so I hope they go absolutely nuts. It's the little touches that make these games. Y'know, loading screens should be rolling LocoRocos or whatever. You shouldn't be able to play the game without something making you smile.

This is an excellent post that doesn't put a foot wrong once.

Yaster

I really do hope that the audience takes the game seriously. I was at Eurogamer Expo early on the first day of the event so I have not seen the full extent of how many people were playing the game. But it does seem as if it is the biggest 1st party title in SCEs line up this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom