• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

BeastM0de

Neo Member
I keep giga charged, but I don't get to use it much against the guy I 1v1 with. A block, or staying in the air a lot don't give much of a chance to use it for a stun. I keep it charged in case I need to get out of trouble, close distance fast, or to try to punish. E.Coles force projectiles are so slow on startup, and tickle lightning makes his only useful projectile the grenade. The up tripwires have their moment, useful for forcing someone to move in a particular way.

I started using Good Cole lately, he's much nicer since his force projectiles startup faster, and he have nice abilities that can actually hit people easier.

Don't underestimate the tickle lightning! Its one of my favorite attacks. Easiest way to get the sliver of AP to a lvl 1. It also keeps drakes barrel at bay and breaks sir dans shield quickly.

Camjo-Z

Just used the PaRappa glitch to demolish a Kratos/Drake team and an Evil Cole/Nariko team in 2v2, felt no remorse.

Also, I'm starting to rethink not putting Drake in S Tier - played a match against one in Stowaways where he did nothing but jump and spam barrel for the first part of the match while Raiden did divekicks, there was literally no stopping them and Drake got Level 2 before we were even out of the cargo hold.

The preorder costumes (sans 3rd party character costumes) have finally been added to the EU PSN store today.

Have the third-party costumes been put up anywhere yet? It's a good thing I preordered...

BeastM0de

Neo Member
Also, I'm starting to rethink not putting Drake in S Tier - played a match against one in Stowaways where he did nothing but jump and spam barrel for the first part of the match while Raiden did divekicks, there was literally no stopping them and Drake got Level 2 before we were even out of the cargo hold.

Yeah it sucks that superbot was let go before they could finish balancing things. They wanted to nerf kratos, sly and drake as well as buff dante, heihachi, and spike. Seems like the game would have been much closer to balanced after that :(

OmegaZero

Oh rightrightright

Damn lightning ball pisses me off -_-

Me and J crushed him a while back haha

Cole can deal with lightning ball in so many ways. :3

Ice Missile, Ice Barrier, Aeriel Tether, Ice Jump...

Dante on the other hand... :<
I just jump over it and wait for an opening.

Have the third-party costumes been put up anywhere yet? It's a good thing I preordered...

Nope. I have pre-ordered the game too, but still don't have the costumes. I didn't want to support game.co.uk with their ridiculous prices and pay a 15&#8364; premium for a pre-order incentive that you should get no matter where you pre-order. Of course i'm a bit bummed now that the third party costumes are missing, but the lack of a third costume doesn't deflate my enjoyment of the game and characters.

TheMink

Thinking about how epic the viewing and sharing and recording is going to be for games like this.

Instead of us being like "square triangle triangle triangle square square square up up down down left right b a select start" we can just invite eachother to a share then we can just SHOW eachother the combos.

God i hope we get a psas2 XD

So I just got this game today...Pop it in and am greeted with a 549 mb patch 1.07 i think.... A good hour or 2 has gone by and I am at 46%.....WTF! I downloaded One Piece earlier which was 10 GB and it wasn't moving this slow.

Ploid 3.0

Don't underestimate the tickle lightning! Its one of my favorite attacks. Easiest way to get the sliver of AP to a lvl 1. It also keeps drakes barrel at bay and breaks sir dans shield quickly.

I've been looking for a use for it. So what do you do? Just throw the tickle out there while jumping and moving? The thing I don't like about it is that it kinda sets me up to be a sitting target. While on the ground I'm locked down while using it, in the air I could probably be doing something better like fire torpedo, or throwing a grenade/oil trap and hope it somehow trips the opponent up. Tickle though, it don't seem to phase the opponent, "Take your 5 ap, I'll probably get to attack you because of it."

OmegaZero

I've been looking for a use for it. So what do you do? Just throw the tickle out there while jumping and moving? The thing I don't like about it is that it kinda sets me up to be a sitting target. While on the ground I'm locked down while using it, in the air I could probably be doing something better like fire torpedo, or throwing a grenade/oil trap and hope it somehow trips the opponent up. Tickle though, it don't seem to phase the opponent, "Take your 5 ap, I'll probably get to attack you because of it."

I use it to sprinkle groups while jumping or on a wall. Never fire it on the ground unless you're completely safe.

With Good Cole, you can use Redirect Rocket and then guide it by hitting targets with your lightning, which is much more useful imo.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I recently discovered the redirect rockets. It also works when hitting the environment so I'd time things, hitting a wall so that the rocket may be in the right location without having to touch the opponent with a spark. It moves fast enough to get them a couple of times that way. Hitting them mid air with a spark will usually cause the rocket to be late since they are a moving target. Using a wall or such allow me to anticipate their movement and as if I'm throwing a ice ball from the sky. Evil Cole wish he was as cool as G.Cole with spark.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just used the PaRappa glitch to demolish a Kratos/Drake team and an Evil Cole/Nariko team in 2v2, felt no remorse.

First off Drake is S-tier no contest, also The parappa glitch is a dick move... seriously not cool. I don't mind when people do it when the game is over, but what the hell does it prove?

BeastM0de

Neo Member

First, never use it standing. You get locked down in free aim mode and typically get killed.

I only use it in a few situations. If I am near a level 1 I will typically throw it out after a grenade. Either standing or short hop grenade, then jump again and fire off 3 or 4 sparks. Either I hit them as they get hit by the grenade or they air dodge and I grab a bit of AP.

Dans shield breaks after a certain number of projectiles. He gets less AP per projectile fired and you break his shield pretty fast. Jump and pepper him with a couple. Try and get a feel for when the shield breaks and you can punish.

Hit drakes barrel as he kicks it to destroy it.

Camjo-Z

I don't mind when people do it when the game is over, but what the hell does it prove?

It's not like I'm using it to win against skilled opponents in what would have been a fair battle, the people I always do it on are playing broken characters and usually are winning only because of the idiot partners I get teamed with (see: a Kat that used no less than 5 Level 1's yet got no kills.)

Plus it's funny.

Aceun

Thinking about how epic the viewing and sharing and recording is going to be for games like this.

Instead of us being like "square triangle triangle triangle square square square up up down down left right b a select start" we can just invite eachother to a share then we can just SHOW eachother the combos.

God i hope we get a psas2 XD

This is the first thing I thought of when they showed the spectator mode. It would dramatically enhance the FGC.

I REALLY hope we get PSAS2. It would benefit the most from a feature like this.

MechDX

Picked this game up for shits n giggles today and have come to one conclusion after a couple hours of play:

Raiden is a cheap ass mofo. lol

Yo, Camjo-Z! Sorry, I think I'm going to have to just let you take the win in the tournament. I'm having too much complications right now to be able to finally have the match. Sorry, for everything. But hope to play you someday, to see who would have won!

Also, what is this RaRappa glitch you guys are talking about?

Camjo-Z

Yo, Camjo-Z! Sorry, I think I'm going to have to just let you take the win in the tournament. I'm having too much complications right now to be able to finally have the match. Sorry, for everything. But hope to play you someday, to see who would have won!

Also, what is this RaRappa glitch you guys are talking about?

Well I mean... if you REALLY want me to just take the win, then I GUESS I'll do it... just for you, though...

YES

Also yes the PaRappa glitch is hilarious, I made a list of the stages where you can easily perform it by simply getting underneath a thin platform and using boombox at the top of your jump. Have fun figuring out the spots to do it...

Invasion
Alden's Tower
San Fransisco
Time Station
Blackrock Stadium
Fearless

Step

Just wondering, Will the surprise on march be a new DLC ready to download or just an announcement and we will have to wait?

OwlyKnees

It's not like I'm using it to win against skilled opponents in what would have been a fair battle, the people I always do it on are playing broken characters and usually are winning only because of the idiot partners I get teamed with (see: a Kat that used no less than 5 Level 1's yet got no kills.)

Plus it's funny.

Funny? Hilarious?

Hmm. Guess we have radically different senses of humour.

Spinluck

I think I'm about done with this game. Fun, but just too shitty from a design standpoint. A lot of stuff just makes no sense.

Was real hoping this could keep me entertained till Smash 4.

KalBalboa

Banned
Hit 80% of the PS3 trophies earlier. Platinum'd the Vita one a while back but I think I can finish off the PS3 ones this weekend.

Revisiting some characters after so long makes me realize just how fun they all are, Fat Princess in particular.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think I'm about done with this game. Fun, but just too shitty from a design standpoint. A lot of stuff just makes no sense.

Was real hoping this could keep me entertained till Smash 4.

I felt same thing with the game. I tried to love this game but It's not going to happen. After the tournament, I might retired from the game until their next announcement impress me or not.

I'm not sure if I want to shell out my money to buy dlc characters for a game that I mightn't play much.

Camjo-Z

Funny? Hilarious?

Hmm. Guess we have radically different senses of humour.

Not hilarious. HILARIOUS is when my friend used it on Heroicmoises, one of the most obnoxious PSAS players around (uses Sly, has over 500 black belt, but has the balls to complain on GameFAQs nonstop about why other characters are broken and why Sly isn't really that good). But if you think spoiling other people's fun with a glitch isn't very funny... then that's OK too!

Skyzard

Banned
I really hope they are discussing balance patches at the moment, wish they'd reassure us they were up to something other than dlc, although it does help...for a while.

Gorillaz

I've been out of the loop for awhile but it appears parappa has a very interesting "glitch"? that allows him to spam the boombox for rediclious amount of orbs? Just saw a guy hit level 3 within 15 seconds of the match starting.

OmegaZero

I've been out of the loop for awhile but it appears parappa has a very interesting "glitch"? that allows him to spam the boombox for rediclious amount of orbs? Just saw a guy hit level 3 within 15 seconds of the match starting.

Yup.
It's dumb, and fairly easy to do.

Also, RADEC AP BURST WALLBOUNCE COMBOS

EDIT: Beat a FFA stock match with three Raidens as Radec.
lolz

OmegaZero

Lolololol ultimate trollage :D

After the match one of the Raidens (I think he was the last one I fought) sent me a message:
"wtf radec can combo? gg bro"

No one seems to expect Radec to actually follow them around and engage in close combat either.
I fought this Good Cole yesterday that kept trying to run away and use Frost Shield. After I got a Level 1, I finally knocked him away and shot at him with my sniper - prompting him to raise the shield. I then immediately followed this with a Super, killing him as he was coming out of the animation.

Radec is so...pure, in comparison to the characters I usually play as. No reliance on kill confirms or crazy combos (his longest non-wallbounce/invisible wall combo does only 80AP). Just predicting your opponents moves and punishing accordingly to build AP.
It's much more fun then I thought.

Eh, I'm still suspecting that Abe is in the works.

TheMink

Nah I agree with him, it's a bitch move.

If someone wants to use it during a match i know that win is full of crap and they know that win is full of crap. Why would i allow it to bother me to the point of berating a poster who did it one time for fun.

Top Bottom