• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Shawn Layden to wear a plain black T-Shirt with the word DEAD printed on it in red.

9XVste8.jpg

Got you covered, bro......

Edzi

Did anyone elses confirmation email mention picking up their tickets at the Moscone center? Did they not update the message from last year?

Dynomutt

So this is obviously a mistake right?

REGISTRATION INFORMATION
You may pick up your badge during registration hours on the first floor of Moscone Center West. Badges will be required for admittance to PlayStation Experience 2016. Please note: All attendees must be 18 years or older and will be required to present a government issued photo ID in order to receive their badge.

Like isn't that on the other side of the state? If so hot damn what a check in that is PS3 level arrogant Sony j/k.

I know it's most likely an error! Wow between PS4 Pro, PSVR, a Sony XBR TV and this trip Sony absolutely owns my soul.

For those that have gone: can you just talk about actually going to the event?

Are the lines insanely long? I'd be coming alone 99% sure so I assume I'd hang out w/ GAF, does GAF stay together at all?

krae_man

Are the lines insanely long? I'd be coming alone 99% sure so I assume I'd hang out w/ GAF, does GAF stay together at all?

Once the show floor opens everybody has their own games they want to play, panels they want to go to etc. You could easily meet up with people wanting to go to the same things.

Last year we had a line group setup and people coordinated things all weekend long.

Of course there will be the Official GAF meetup Saturday night as well.

Edzi

The lines obviously depend on the game and time of day, but I found that they never got too bad. The longest I had to wait was probably around 40 minutes towards the end of the day for the For Honor booth. I know some people from the GAF meetup stuck together, and I walked with a couple guys for a bit but everyone from my group eventually split up since we wanted to see different things. I'd be down for more permanent travel buddies this year though.

Vaco6121

Lines are long right away at the big release games but a few hours in I was able play everything that I wanted to without having to wait. The Gaf meet up is one of the best things about PSX, along with running into random developers and executives at the bar.

Lines are long right away at the big release games but a few hours in I was able play everything that I wanted to without having to wait. The Gaf meet up is one of the best things about PSX, along with running into random developers and executives at the bar.

Ugh. This is exactly why I want to go, I'm sure it's a hell of a good time and would be an amazing time with all the other PS fans and GAFers.

I didn't realize this takes place right next to Disneyworld as well, explains why a hotel would cost me more than the flight from Chicago/Milwaukee to Santa Ana lol.

Edzi

I really regret not going to the meetup, but most of us were completely dead by the end of the first day.

First timer thinking of going since I'm local. Couple questions:

-Would a 1-day pass be too limiting? I mostly wanna try PSVR and some of the bigger upcoming releases. Dunno about developer panels.

-Are lines ridiculous for demoes? As exciting as previewing games is, I'd hate to spend most of my day in lines.

-Any cool swag they give away?

Thanks!!!

Wife and I got our admission tickets, will get our plane tickets this weekend and will be staying at one of the two Hyatt Hotels nearby (Since I work for them).

Looking forward to the morning line, the conference with GAF Badges, meet ups and other fun.

Since my birthday is the 5th, will probably go to Disneyland that day :)

So much to look forward to these next few months!

Zukkoyaki

First timer thinking of going since I'm local. Couple questions:

-Would a 1-day pass be too limiting? I mostly wanna try PSVR and some of the bigger upcoming releases. Dunno about developer panels.

-Are lines ridiculous for demoes? As exciting as previewing games is, I'd hate to spend most of my day in lines.

-Any cool swag they give away?

Thanks!!!

- Maybe. It depends on how many games there are that you're interested in trying. Last year with a 2 day pass I played about 30. As for VR, it may be different this year but you had to reserve a spot to test it with the PlayStation Experience event app. Though they did have an Eve Valkyrie demo booth set up that you could just get in line for.

- Not really but it depends on the game. Most of the AAA games like For Honor and Dark Souls III last year had long lines but most of the indies were short lines or even no lines. People were overlooking some REALLY awesome games.

- When we picked up our badges last year they have away a little package that included a shirt, a booklet and a Street Fighter V beta code. Some of the devs will also give you goodies for playing and/or completing their demo. There are also plenty of vendors set up. Last year had a massive PlayStation merch booth, Capcom and Namco had booths along with some others like Double Fine

Make sure to download the PS Experience app - you'll need it to book times for things that are appointment only. Last year it was used to book PSVR times and for RIGGs. It's also where you can find the schedule of events too.

leehom

Strongly considering going. Been wanting to attend this, CES and TGS one day.

This is in California, not Canada correct?

How much do the hotels usually average for two nights? Would love to fly in, meet up with other gafers, go to convention for the two days then go home. Plane tickets from Texas is around $200 for RT, which is a bargain right now.

Vaco6121

Anyone interested in sharing a hotel room or Airbnb? I don't know if my buddy is going to fly out with me this year and would rather split the cost of a room.

DKHF

Hope to see (and think are realistic) Ni no Kuni II, Uncharted 4 singleplayer DLC, Crash trilogy and Spider-Man. Not gonna set my expectations too high.

I've been saying since XV's delay FFVIIR's next showing has probably been pushed back a bit so not really expecting it here. Though Nomura said he wanted to wait until 2.8 and WoFF were completed not shipped to show FFVIIR, and 2.8 will be completed by that time since he said it is still running along schedule for a December release and was delayed because of XV. I'm still not expecting it but there is a chance.

KH3 maybe but I'm leaning towards them holding back the winter announcements until a 2.8 launch event/after 2.8 is out.
Well Square enix did say we would get new kingdom hearts 3 information in december cant think of a better event :)
They only said "this winter" not December. The info could not come until early next year and that would still be winter.

thuway

I expect a ton of indies, some cool. Vita announcements, and maybe one or two updates to games we already know.

DMONKUMA

They only said "this winter" not December. The info could not come until early next year and that would still be winter.

That was the same scenario for the FFVII remake where they said more info was gonna be shared in winter and we got that info in December at psx.

I expect a ton of indies, some cool. Vita announcements, and maybe one or two updates to games we already know.
Yeah man, let's just forget about first gameplay from Uncharted 4, 20th anniversary PS4, Street Fighter V announcement, Paragon reveal, Ni No Kuni 2 announcement, Ace Combat 7 announcement, first FF7 gameplay, etc. from the last 2 PSX events :p

DKHF

That was the same scenario for the FFVII remake where they said more info was gonna be shared in winter and we got that info in December at psx.
I know but that doesn't mean all winter info must come in December now. Felt like reminding people what Square Enix originally said since a lot of people are 100% assuming December. We'll see soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom